Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

wormbat

Reaction score
Estimated delivery date changed to Jan 25th, moved back a day. Not sure how it's calculated, but the railcar I was on was supposed to be in Kansas City today. Haven't been able to track it to verify, got an update from Granger last week with that info. They also reached out to me this morning about trade in and financing , it's starting to get real.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Check to see if you have a build sheet and or window sticker. If you have a build sheet the truck is built but might be at outside vendors. If you have window sticker its built, passed QA and is waiting to be shipped.
How do I do that? I popped the VIN into CarFax and it won't show any records yet.

Dangit! Still showing stuck in D1 on the tracker. I ordered on 9/27 before you and no movement on mine. That Hydro blue color choice must really be biting me in the ass.

Sounds like time to reach out to my useless dealer. At almost 4 months in, I've actually started contemplating dropping the order and looking for a used PW. They are trending below 60k now with less than 20k miles, but its still a pain to find many hydro blue options that aren't 6+ hours away. Part of the reason I went new this time is that I've been burned on multiple used cars with things like plow mount butchery, undisclosed accidents and bad paint work. However, its getting tough to stay excited to pay this much money and still have zero faith on when I may see this thing.
Trying to find PW in the right color with the right options has been a bear for me as well and was the one of the main reasons I ordered a new one. I'm an independent dealer by trade and even with all my connections and auction access, on the East Coast the PW are few and far between. Since looking since July, I found 1 truck I wanted to pull the trigger on ('21 75A) in Nevada but the dealer wouldn't wholesale it to me and ended up selling it to a customer on the lot before they would let me put a deposit on it.

Trust me I’m in the same boat as you as in overthinking on if this is a smart move spending this much money on a truck. I’m 24 and buying a 83k truck it’s beyond terrifying to even think about but the way I thought about it is this country is doing everything in their power to stop the sale of diesels or any gas vehicle at this point and it’s my dream to have a diesel so I told myself buy it before you can’t.
This 100%, everything is going electric/small displacement gas + turbo/hybrid so I figure get a new truck while I can so I can keep it for a long time.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
How do I do that? I popped the VIN into CarFax and it won't show any records yet.

Trying to find PW in the right color with the right options has been a bear for me as well and was the one of the main reasons I ordered a new one. I'm an independent dealer by trade and even with all my connections and auction access, on the East Coast the PW are few and far between. Since looking since July, I found 1 truck I wanted to pull the trigger on ('21 75A) in Nevada but the dealer wouldn't wholesale it to me and ended up selling it to a customer on the lot before they would let me put a deposit on it.

This 100%, everything is going electric/small displacement gas + turbo/hybrid so I figure get a new truck while I can so I can keep it for a long time.
In regards to how to look up the build sheet and window sticker there’s links to them I’ll find them and send them to you

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Last edited:

knightro84

Reaction score
I believe my railcar made it to Port Allen.... tracking says "Loaded, actual placement January 12 1:22 PM"

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
This link is for build sheet

This link is for window sticker

Remove the vin I have and put your vin in its place

If nothing shows then it hasn’t started production yet/ been built
I put it in and it doesn't show anything yet. So I guess my truck is currently in production then? Not completed yet?
The tracker does show currently in production, not completed status as my dealer said...

Attachments

• 011223_TrackerSS_23PW.JPG
    011223_TrackerSS_23PW.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 29

wormbat

Reaction score
My status code is now KZT (second rail departure). Does that mean it changed railcars? I thought once the truck in on a railcar it stays on it until the final destination.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
I put it in and it doesn't show anything yet. So I guess my truck is currently in production then? Not completed yet?
The tracker does show currently in production, not completed status as my dealer said...
Your equipment list is up. your window sticker is not yet which mean you are 100%in production and window sticker should be up probably by Monday maybe Tuesday if not earlier I’d say. Just based off my own experience

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Your equipment list is up. your window sticker is not yet which mean you are 100%in production and window sticker should be up probably by Monday maybe Tuesday if not earlier I’d say. Just based off my own experience
Thanks!!! And that's great news!

Got the truck this afternoon, exactly 100 days after I ordered it. I was lucky it went so smooth.
Congrats! And gorgeous truck!

jsalbre

Reaction score
So since some PW and Rebel's started production in the last two days I did some internet searching for dealership listings and grabbed the VIN numbers so I could dig through build sheets. I discovered two interesting things so far.

The first is that the build sheets actually list "REBEL SUSPENSION", so it may have spring rates that differ from the other trims.

The second is that the Hemi Rebel build sheets I found all say "GVW RATING - 10000#", but the Cummins Rebel build sheets say "GWV - 9680".
Hemi: https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5EJ9PG532852
Cummins: https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5EL0PG532854

There's a huge possibility that it's a typo or an error, but it's something those of you with Cummins powered Rebels should look out for.

Drew M

Reaction score
Estimated delivery date changed to Jan 25th, moved back a day. Not sure how it's calculated, but the railcar I was on was supposed to be in Kansas City today. Haven't been able to track it to verify, got an update from Granger last week with that info. They also reached out to me this morning about trade in and financing , it's starting to get real.
Cool!
Did they send you the railcar info or did you need to ask for it? Tuesday they said it was KZLD (in transit-delayed), with an ETA of TBD. The Ram tracker page still shows built and an ETA of 2/8/23. The “shippped” bar is still greyed out and no shipped date listed.
This morning I too received and email from Granger’s Finance department. According to them, my truck has been shipped, and I am within a six week delivery window.
So yeah, it’s getting real

wormbat

Reaction score
Granger sent it to me unsolicited. I knew the railcar was scheduled to be in Kansas City today and was going to ask them for an update on Monday if I hadn't heard anything so it was nice to get the update and see that things were moving along.

extremehabit

Reaction score
Nice! I think those are the first chrome 2023 mirrors we've seen so far.

I wanted a classic look with the chrome bumpers, but would have preferred black mirrors. That said, now having them, I think they look good so am quite happy.

extremehabit

Reaction score
Congratulations!

Nice looking truck

Seeing what the '23 chrome Laramie actually looks like with the elimination of the fender flares and chrome inserts in the door handles makes me wonder what trim level is going extinct next... the Bighorn or Tradesman?

There just seems like too many feature overlaps in the current lower 3 lineup.
It worked out for me because I always preferred the bighorn look without the fenders! And the chrome free handles was a plus too.

I agree though, too many trim options. I’m really satisfied with my selection though :)

Users who are viewing this thread