Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Rip

Reaction score
Read back through most of the posts but didn’t find how to get your rail car number other than bothering brv10 to help with it. If that’s the only way thanks in advance to brv10 for the help.

ORDER NUMBER 57115705
VIN 3C6UR5FL4PG500939
ORDER PROCESSED SEP-20-2022
Build 12/23/2022
Shipped 1/10/2023
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TBD
2500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Read back through most of the posts but didn’t find how to get your rail car number other than bothering brv10 to help with it. If that’s the only way thanks in advance to brv10 for the help.

ORDER NUMBER 57115705
VIN 3C6UR5FL4PG500939
Build 12/23/2022
Shipped 1/10/2023
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TBD
Where is your truck shipping to? I think our trucks are on the same train.

pacnw1963

Reaction score

ORDER NUMBER 57115705
VIN 3C6UR5FL4PG500939
Build 12/23/2022
Shipped 1/10/2023
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TBD
Your dealer can give you the rail and rail car number

pacnw1963

Reaction score
This I don't get. Why it stops in Addis only 8 miles from Port Allen. Change trains for the last 8 miles? Cant truck it from Addis?

The rail yard in Addis isn’t set up to unload vehicles, but the one in Port Allen is.
Also, unloading from a train car to a truck (which are in very short supply that you’ll see as you sit in Port Allen for what could be weeks) to be unloaded in to a yard is another chance for damage to the vehicle. The truck is picked up by the rail company and becomes their responsibility until it reaches its final destination.

My 2022 passed me in Lafayette on the way to Pt Allen on the train, only to pass me a second time on a truck headed back to Lake Charles. I lifted a glass to it each time it passed…:p

Savage99ss

Reaction score
It will be delivered to a dealership in Cookville, Tn. Hoping to sale my 2022 before it arrives.
Ok makes sense. Mine will be in Nashville. I’m hoping dealer locks me in at the trade in price agreed soon back in November when I ordered.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Also, unloading from a train car to a truck (which are in very short supply that you’ll see as you sit in Port Allen for what could be weeks)
Man I hope not. My perfect window of opportunity to pick it up would be Friday 2/3 or Saturday 2/4. I'm in training just south of OKC starting 2/7 for 2 weeks. 8 hour drive away. Other opps. would be spend the weekend in Lake Charles and get it on the 7th, go back down on the following Saturday, or at the end off the class. I want the ceramic coating and that will probably delay it more.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Sooo just got a call from my dealer, they claim that my PW is at "Inspection status" which means "the truck has been built and is being inspected after production." I didn't think to ask, but wouldn't this mean it still has to go to the outfitter for the bed utility group?
The tracker has updated and shown in production 1/11/23 (ironically yesterday was my birthday so I guess God heard my prayer that I hoped truck would make some progress this week). However it shows estimated delivery of 3/14/23??
Dealer told me he will keep an eye on it and let me know as soon as he has some shipping information.

Just a head's up, others with PW/Rebel order dates around mine should probably keep an eye on their tracker / contact their dealer this week. @Kauffmj1 @uplander

jsalbre

Reaction score
I just checked the tracker and my Rebel went into production yesterday as well! Hurray progress!

The tracker is showing an estimated delivery date (hah!) of March 6th.

pr3dict

Reaction score
SO! With my amazing investigative skillz by looking at the ram vehcile buying online tool thing. I have come to the conclusion that a majority of the limited's that have been built were for DRW trucks. I sorted high-low and checked multiple zip codes around the country. The only Limited trucks I could find were all DRW. Not a single SRW.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Sooo just got a call from my dealer, they claim that my PW is at "Inspection status" which means "the truck has been built and is being inspected after production." I didn't think to ask, but wouldn't this mean it still has to go to the outfitter for the bed utility group?
The tracker has updated and shown in production 1/11/23 (ironically yesterday was my birthday so I guess God heard my prayer that I hoped truck would make some progress this week). However it shows estimated delivery of 3/14/23??
Dealer told me he will keep an eye on it and let me know as soon as he has some shipping information.

Just a head's up, others with PW/Rebel order dates around mine should probably keep an eye on their tracker / contact their dealer this week. @Kauffmj1 @uplander
Dangit! Still showing stuck in D1 on the tracker. I ordered on 9/27 before you and no movement on mine. That Hydro blue color choice must really be biting me in the ass.

Sounds like time to reach out to my useless dealer. At almost 4 months in, I've actually started contemplating dropping the order and looking for a used PW. They are trending below 60k now with less than 20k miles, but its still a pain to find many hydro blue options that aren't 6+ hours away. Part of the reason I went new this time is that I've been burned on multiple used cars with things like plow mount butchery, undisclosed accidents and bad paint work. However, its getting tough to stay excited to pay this much money and still have zero faith on when I may see this thing.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Dangit! Still showing stuck in D1 on the tracker. I ordered on 9/27 before you and no movement on mine. That Hydro blue color choice must really be biting me in the ass.

Sounds like time to reach out to my useless dealer. At almost 4 months in, I've actually started contemplating dropping the order and looking for a used PW. They are trending below 60k now with less than 20k miles, but its still a pain to find many hydro blue options that aren't 6+ hours away. Part of the reason I went new this time is that I've been burned on multiple used cars with things like plow mount butchery, undisclosed accidents and bad paint work. However, its getting tough to stay excited to pay this much money and still have zero faith on when I may see this thing.
You gotta remember production of any 2023 ram hd didn’t really start till late October beginning November if I’m not mistaken. I get you ordered very early and should be seeing more movement but I’d give it till mid February. If there’s still no movement by then I’d say go for it with finding a used or even new 2022 on the lots.

Eli77657

Reaction score
You gotta remember production of any 2023 ram hd didn’t really start till late October beginning November if I’m not mistaken. I get you ordered very early and should be seeing more movement but I’d give it till mid February. If there’s still no movement by then I’d say go for it with finding a used or even new 2022 on the lots.

I’ll dream on for now

tchur1

Reaction score

Check to see if you have a build sheet and or window sticker. If you have a build sheet the truck is built but might be at outside vendors. If you have window sticker its built, passed QA and is waiting to be shipped.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
That was sort of my thought. Used cars prices still have room to fall and mid-Feb would be 5 months into the wait. I don't want to drive the truck in the salt during the winter anyway, so its not an issue. I've never spent this much on a vehicle in my 45 years of life, so its tough to not start second guessing the decision with so much time to kill.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
That was sort of my thought. Used cars prices still have room to fall and mid-Feb would be 5 months into the wait. I don't want to drive the truck in the salt during the winter anyway, so its not an issue. I've never spent this much on a vehicle in my 45 years of life, so its tough to not start second guessing the decision with so much time to kill.
Trust me I’m in the same boat as you as in overthinking on if this is a smart move spending this much money on a truck. I’m 24 and buying a 83k truck it’s beyond terrifying to even think about but the way I thought about it is this country is doing everything in their power to stop the sale of diesels or any gas vehicle at this point and it’s my dream to have a diesel so I told myself buy it before you can’t.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Trust me I’m in the same boat as you as in overthinking on if this is a smart move spending this much money on a truck. I’m 24 and buying a 83k truck it’s beyond terrifying to even think about but the way I thought about it is this country is doing everything in their power to stop the sale of diesels or any gas vehicle at this point and it’s my dream to have a diesel so I told myself buy it before you can’t.
I would guess that most of us on the forum here don't NEED trucks this nice or capable, but if you can swing the costs, you only live once. It was a tough decision between getting the Powerwagon, Jeep 392 or a Challenger Hellcat. All fun and cool vehicles that will be killed off soon. The Powerwagon won out since it was the most 'practical' of the 3 for daily driving

It is sad to not be that excited about new cars coming out anymore. I'm sure EVs will continue to improve, but I just can't get excited about electric cars and vehicles with small displacement engines being wrung out with turbos and such. The few enthusiast vehicles left are typically going one of those ways in the next 5 years or they are all turning into $100K+ unobtainium.

Tlgdiesel

Reaction score
SO! With my amazing investigative skillz by looking at the ram vehcile buying online tool thing. I have come to the conclusion that a majority of the limited's that have been built were for DRW trucks. I sorted high-low and checked multiple zip codes around the country. The only Limited trucks I could find were all DRW. Not a single SRW.
I wonder if it’s an issue with the ram box? I happen to have a Laramie on order with the ram box. I thought I saw mention somewhere of issue with availability of the ram box but I can’t find it.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Man I hope not. My perfect window of opportunity to pick it up would be Friday 2/3 or Saturday 2/4. I'm in training just south of OKC starting 2/7 for 2 weeks. 8 hour drive away. Other opps. would be spend the weekend in Lake Charles and get it on the 7th, go back down on the following Saturday, or at the end off the class. I want the ceramic coating and that will probably delay it more.
I sent you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread