Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Tater86

Reaction score
My 2cents on GMC is yes their tech may be a little nicer in ways but the interior set up is not ideal, and have you even gone on a long road trip in a Chevy/GMC the seats are not the most comfortable thing in the world. Rams seats and interior are leaders in interior design and usage of the interior. Other thing I dislike about Chevy/GMC is the independent front suspension. The amount of times I have seen my buddy break the front ends apart while trying to tow heavy loads in 4wd is unreal. (Me and my buddy’s do lots of farm work).
Now if you buy a Chevy/GMC and buy the kryptonite tie rods on it then my god the independent front suspension is very nice and a way more comfortable ride. Also the Allison transmission are not what they used to be.

And for ford I’m sorry but your paying for the brands name and a bunch of the truck is aluminum which has its pros and cons and I’m just really not a fan of ford or the dealerships involved with ford. Try finding a good ford dealer for warranty work it’s very rare.

Ram yes has their own issues like a 6 speed trans that for some god forsaken reason they just won’t change to a 8 speed or 10 or the fact that the truck weighs so damn much you beg to stay over 18mpg with the diesels and pray to be at 12mpg with the gas.

But ram has solid parts, solid body, very durable, the Cummins is the best in class diesel in my opinion and the thing just runs. Your biggest issue with buying a ram is praying it don’t start to rust.
Mostly correct, but Chevy/GMC completely redesigned their interior for 2024. Heck, I saw that you will be able to get a "massage" enabled front seat in the highest trim level of the GMCs. For anyone that wants to compare, they need to look at the 1500 light duty truck line to see what the new interior on the HDs will be like.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I
My 2cents on GMC is yes their tech may be a little nicer in ways but the interior set up is not ideal, and have you even gone on a long road trip in a Chevy/GMC the seats are not the most comfortable thing in the world. Rams seats and interior are leaders in interior design and usage of the interior. Other thing I dislike about Chevy/GMC is the independent front suspension. The amount of times I have seen my buddy break the front ends apart while trying to tow heavy loads in 4wd is unreal. (Me and my buddy’s do lots of farm work).
Now if you buy a Chevy/GMC and buy the kryptonite tie rods on it then my god the independent front suspension is very nice and a way more comfortable ride. Also the Allison transmission are not what they used to be.

And for ford I’m sorry but your paying for the brands name and a bunch of the truck is aluminum which has its pros and cons and I’m just really not a fan of ford or the dealerships involved with ford. Try finding a good ford dealer for warranty work it’s very rare.

Ram yes has their own issues like a 6 speed trans that for some god forsaken reason they just won’t change to a 8 speed or 10 or the fact that the truck weighs so damn much you beg to stay over 18mpg with the diesels and pray to be at 12mpg with the gas.

But ram has solid parts, solid body, very durable, the Cummins is the best in class diesel in my opinion and the thing just runs. Your biggest issue with buying a ram is praying it don’t start to rust.
Ordered a GMC Denali ultimate today and it fully loaded is coming out to like 89k with all the bells and whistles after discount. I also ordered a high country that came out to 87k but couldn't find a dealer to give any money off and I have a 3500 limited on order for 4 months that's come out to 94k.

Which ever comes first is where my money goes.... The only two things ram has going for it is air suspension and they have 12v plugs. GM decided they are useless and no longer have them on the vehicles. Which I think is a mistake but it is what it is

Yankst28

Reaction score
Do you have a ship date listed on the tracker? If so, that is typically the day it will go into production and not actually ship out.
Negative, all that I have is the scheduled date of 1/17. Just curious what that means. I am in no rush for the truck

cjh1669

Reaction score

Are you talking the redesigned GMCs? My buddies 2021 is every bit as roomy and comfortable as my ram. The sears are great and the new ones have a massage seat option. I tow boats not farm equipment and his truck does really well

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Are you talking the redesigned GMCs? My buddies 2021 is every bit as roomy and comfortable as my ram. The sears are great and the new ones have a massage seat option. I tow boats not farm equipment and his truck does really well
It’s all preference at the end of the day but neither me or him like the interior of his truck and his is a maxed out 2023 gmc. And me personally I don’t care for a massaging seat I feel like that’s just one more thing to break eventually

cjh1669

Reaction score
It’s all preference at the end of the day but neither me or him like the interior of his truck and his is a maxed out 2023 gmc. And me personally I don’t care for a massaging seat I feel like that’s just one more thing to break eventually
I’m not overly worried about eventually, my trucks are purchased as tax write offs, so I trade them out every 3-4 years. I do think ram had the best interior up until these 2024s. The brown leather interior on that Denali ultimate has is beautiful. Especially in an all black truck. I think gmc made some really big leaps and I could easily go that route if my limited keeps getting delayed and having options taken away. It does suck that I’ve already bought some really cool after market upgrades for it that I’ll have to sell

FLARam

Reaction score
If I ordered Sept 2022 and am still in “C status”, should I email my dealer?

Laramie 2500, Hemi, night edition, Level 2, bed utility group…

scdo

Reaction score
I don’t know, the Denali ultimate cab is gorgeous, and with trailer active cruise control, heads up display, bed kicker stereo system. The gmcs have quite a bit more and better tech.
Trailer active cruise control? I looked it up and can’t find anything. Are you referring to using adaptive cruise control while towing? I could be wrong but believe 2019+ Ram HDs allow that and will activate trailer brakes accordingly.

Not sure if you were referring to something else?

Reaction score

If I was you I’d definitely get ahold of them. I’m guessing you are in level 2 purgatory like I and a few others were/are. I gave up of the first dealer and the larmie and reordered a limited from a different dealer. I know @BSN81 went that route as well.

BSN81

Reaction score
If I was you I’d definitely get ahold of them. I’m guessing you are in level 2 purgatory like I and a few others were/are. I gave up of the first dealer and the larmie and reordered a limited from a different dealer. I know @BSN81 went that route as well.
This is exactly what I did. I know there is issues with the level 2 package, but my dealer refused to acknowledge it, or they just didn't care. Just recently the codes on the build page have started to change, which tells me that packages are changing that I don't know about. Why would my build have the A67 package and now the A97 package both listed? I couldn't get those answers, so I canceled and ordered a limited and did so through a different dealer. I hope you can get some answers @FLARam!

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I

Ordered a GMC Denali ultimate today and it fully loaded is coming out to like 89k with all the bells and whistles after discount. I also ordered a high country that came out to 87k but couldn't find a dealer to give any money off and I have a 3500 limited on order for 4 months that's come out to 94k.

Which ever comes first is where my money goes.... The only two things ram has going for it is air suspension and they have 12v plugs. GM decided they are useless and no longer have them on the vehicles. Which I think is a mistake but it is what it is

order a 2023 Denali Ultimate?

comes standard with both 12v and 120v plug

our 2023 Tahoe has two "household" plugs as well...

1674103626946.png

Dyoung82010

Reaction score

I would check with them. I ordered in mid-October with a similar truck to yours and I am in D1. However I have the A97 package and not the Level 2. I believe both are the same except without the digital instrument panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyoung82010

Reaction score
Received this update for my truck:

View attachment 50439

What exactly does this mean? I don't see how it could actually be built and shipped this quickly, is that actually the scheduled production date? Ram tracking page doesn't have any additional info, no ETA there.

I believe that is the date it will move to the next step, so in your case it will be starting the build process on that date. There are several discussion about the ship date representing the next step date until it is actually completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjh1669

Reaction score
Trailer active cruise control? I looked it up and can’t find anything. Are you referring to using adaptive cruise control while towing? I could be wrong but believe 2019+ Ram HDs allow that and will activate trailer brakes accordingly.

Not sure if you were referring to something else?
Trailer adaptive cruise control is correct. Any time you hit the brakes with a trainer with electric trailer brakes the trailer will activate too, that’s not what the gmc dies, since every vehicle does it that has trailer brakes. It actually brakes earlier based in the weight of the load you are hauling. Making it safer to use it while hauling.

pr3dict

Reaction score
order a 2023 Denali Ultimate?

comes standard with both 12v and 120v plug

our 2023 Tahoe has two "household" plugs as well...

View attachment 50451
2022-2023 Sierras and Silverados do not come with a 12v plug, it was in the redesign they did.
2024 Sierra HD and Silverado HD's do not come with a 12v plug.
Only exception is the lowest trim the worktruck trim has it but every other trim its gone.

You ordered a 2023 Sierra HD, prior to the redesign, so you get a plug.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I

So i am doing the same thing, once the orders open for the 2024 GMC I am ordering a 3500 Denali Ultra or what ever the top trim package is. first one in wins...

phatboy64

Reaction score

I don't see anything wrong with this interior,,,personally I like the screen being wider then longer. I might go as far as to say I like the interior better then the RAM. Don't get me wrong I like the RAM interior a lot but it really hasn't changed much in the last 10 years...

1674221390217.png

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Okay I can’t speak on the new 2024 interiors cause I haven’t experienced them so maybe Chevy finally got it together. But from my experience from before I just never liked the quality in chevys interior. it always felt like it was made cheaply to me.
At the end of the day I will admit Chevy has finally stepped up their game since the new body styles came out, but I just was never a massive fan of them.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Chevy/GM interiors have really stepped up in the last few years; however my biggest issue with GM trucks the last few years have been transmissions - from half ton to HD they're junk IMO.
9 years in the used car industry I've had to overhaul so many 6L GM transmissions; obviously try to avoid buying trucks/SUV's with transmission problems but sometimes auctions f*ck you on arbitration over them. In some cases we've actually neutral bombed trucks several times before arbitrating them to make the transmission worse so it's obvious and the auction has to take it back.
I haven't had an issue with one yet - and I've actually started avoiding them entirely, but my transmission guy & one of my warranty reps actually both told me in the last couple weeks that the 8L90 GM transmission has a national backorder for the torque converters and some of the electronics. Transmission guy has 4 at his shop that have been waiting on parts for 5+ months. I know the new ones are the 10L transmissions; but with their record on the 6/8 speeds I just wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them. I also don't care for the later model GM trucks because all the gassers have lifter issues 2019+. With them being new trucks, well aware they're under factory warranty but still the inconvenience of having to get out of your expensive truck for days/weeks/months is never fun.

All that being said, I know the ZF Ram/Dodge transmissions are pretty stout; can't really speak on the Aisin 6-Speed as I've heard they're not the greatest - but for what it's worth I've never seen the inside of one in 9 years. Had to wholesale or rebuild a few of the 6-Speed manual diesel Ram trucks though.

This is why I went with Ram instead of GM or Ford or Toyota - I wanted a reliable truck to last me a long time and having spent years off-roading my old XJ Jeep I wanted something capable as well (lockers/LSD, solid front axle, etc) . I've had a couple TRX's through the business and while they are insanely fun trucks, I have never driven anything that was all stock from the factory that absolutely devoured gas like those trucks. Launch control and the suspension was absolutely incredible; but you could literally watch the gas gauge drop just while cruising around. Also I feel like the TRX/Raptors are really meant more for the southwest with wide open dunes than trail riding like we have in the southeast. I don't trust Ford to build a good truck these days even though the Tremor Lariat 7.3 gasser does look very sharp. Actually considered a 392 Wrangler for a long time, but the towing capacity is just so awful ~3,500 lbs; I get it's a Jeep not a truck but damn you'd think with the horsepower/torque it could do more than that despite the softer off-road suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread