Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

truckin-on

Reaction score
With seemingly nothing that I can do to find out what is going on within RAM and why my truck is in quarantine at Belvidere, I just fired off 3 polite but to the point emails to some Stellantis execs who SHOULD care. Likely a complete waste of time, but who knows. Sent to:

- Tim Kuniskis, Chief Executive Officer, Dodge/RAM (don't have a confirmed email address, but tried this one: tk9@chrysler.com)
He now also has RAM as of June 6th, and is a real car guy: https://www.motor1.com/news/670864/dodge-ceo-tim-kuniskis-takes-over-ram-replaces-mike-koval/
- Mark Stewart – Chief Operating Officer, Stellantis North America, mark.stewart@fcagroup.com
- Carlos Tavares – Chairman, Stellantis, carlos.tavares@stellantis.com

Will see if I hear anything back from anyone. Here's what I sent:

Tim Kuniskis
Chief Executive Officer, Dodge/RAM

Mr. Kuniskis:

I would like to call your attention to a serious customer satisfaction issue with the delivery of an ordered RAM truck. I have been a loyal Dodge/RAM truck customer for 20 years and in November 2022, placed an order for a 2023 RAM 3500. The truck was eventually built in March and subsequently shipped on April 11th. The truck is now sitting in Belvidere IL for unexplained reasons.

I have been frustrated and unsuccessful at obtaining ANY information after many, many attempts. My dealer continues to say they have no information. RAM Customer Care has no information. Seemingly nobody at Stellantis has or is willing to share any information on the status of the order, why it has been sitting in Belvidere for 8 weeks, and when, if ever, it may be delivered.

Aside from the 8-month to-date delay, this is totally unacceptable, and indicates to me that Stellantis does not value RAM customers. I find it absolutely incredible that RAM cannot track and provide status on a $108,000 vehicle, when USPS, FedEx and UPS all manage to track the smallest package.

[Included the specifics of my order, status, and selling dealer.....]

I would appreciate your office assisting in providing any information on why this situation exists, what the resolution will be, and if I will ever see my new truck.

Tech

Reaction score
Got an update on my truck from the dealer. Supposedly the truck is sitting in Midlothian Auto Park since May 24th. They told me they believe the truck has hail damage now and will be sent to get repaired but they can not confirm this. This is just what they think is going on with it.

@brv10 if you can looking into what it shows on your end that would be greatly appreciated

Vin- PG557211

Attachments

• 840D7F29-1A0C-47B6-A762-C636A17305C7.jpeg
    840D7F29-1A0C-47B6-A762-C636A17305C7.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 17

Scherm

Reaction score
Got an update on my truck from the dealer. Supposedly the truck is sitting in Midlothian Auto Park since May 24th. They told me they believe the truck has hail damage now and will be sent to get repaired but they can not confirm this. This is just what they think is going on with it.

@brv10 if you can looking into what it shows on your end that would be greatly appreciated

Vin- PG557211
Looked at a satellite view. The place is huge! Was your truck coded as KZM on the tracker or KZ?

Tech

Reaction score
That was the only screenshot they sent me so I suppose they cut it off too short to show that. All I have is the ram tracker shows shipped May 10th and the spreadsheet on here shows KZM but I don’t know what the dealer sees

Scherm

Reaction score
That was the only screenshot they sent me so I suppose they cut it off too short to show that. All I have is the ram tracker shows shipped May 10th and the spreadsheet on here shows KZM but I don’t know what the dealer sees
So, it's fair to say that even when the tracker shows KZM, our trucks may not be shipping to the dealer.

tchur1

Reaction score
So, it's fair to say that even when the tracker shows KZM, our trucks may not be shipping to the dealer.
KZM just means first rail departure, there are multiple stops along to way so that essentially tells you it is on a train and left the factory. Check out this link for specifics on each code:

wprosser

Reaction score
Fun facts for those of you who are feeling disillusioned by the time waiting:

- My truck was built 2/8 and still sits in Mexico (4 months to the day)
- Since my build date, 176 of the 226 currently on our tracking spreadsheet have shipped (78%)
- Of that 176 that have shipped, 127 of those were shipped after my truck was built (72%)
- I am the oldest truck on the spreadsheet still sitting in Mexico. I am sure I have plenty of company from other trucks not on the spreadsheet

Chin up...it could always be worse! I know in perfect timing it will make a grand appearance, but until then, smile and enjoy the ride :)
My dad always told me, "Make plans, just don't take them too seriously."
Not to quibble over such a dubious distinction, but mine (Clabbergirl) was "built" on 2/07, a day ahead of yours but ordered a day behind yours ... and still seems to be sitting in Mexico!

samruss

Reaction score
Jumping in the conversation. I ordered 1/17 and build was complete 3/13. All along my estimated delivery date was 4/21. Then on 4/21 tracker changed to TBD for delivery date and has been there since. Of course no one can give me any information of what is actually happening with the truck. The real irritating part is that not long after 4/21 both Ram support and my dealership told me it was shipped. Then a week later when I check back they both changed their stories and said it is in Mexico still waiting to ship. Then like 4 weeks ago the sales manager gets a hold of his rep at RAM and tells me it will be at the dealership in 15 days. Well that never happened and they have no answer as to why not. Now the salesman at the dealership told me Monday Ram called them and said it will be released soon. I am skeptical to say the least but hoping it is true and maybe will show up by the end of the month. I am in East Texas so it is not that far away.

Does anyone know what they mean by released, from what? Was it one of the trucks that had hail damage or is their logistics partner simply terrible. Anyone had luck getting more information on what the hold up actually is? The process makes no sense and randomly some trucks go through with no issue and then others just sit. Very frustrating. I had plans to hit the road for several month with a 5th wheel on 6/21 but I have had to delay that now. I have the RV all set to go but nothing to pull it with. Check nationwide inventory but no other builds out there like mine. They really stick you between a rock and a hard place. I am trying to be patient and not bug the dealership to much but it is a challenge to say the least.

@brv10 I think it was mentioned you may be able to find out more details on what causes the delays. If so I would appreciate any insight you can provide. Last 8 of the VIN is PG563636

samruss

Reaction score
With seemingly nothing that I can do to find out what is going on within RAM and why my truck is in quarantine at Belvidere, I just fired off 3 polite but to the point emails to some Stellantis execs who SHOULD care. Likely a complete waste of time, but who knows. Sent to:

- Tim Kuniskis, Chief Executive Officer, Dodge/RAM (don't have a confirmed email address, but tried this one: tk9@chrysler.com)
He now also has RAM as of June 6th, and is a real car guy: https://www.motor1.com/news/670864/dodge-ceo-tim-kuniskis-takes-over-ram-replaces-mike-koval/
- Mark Stewart – Chief Operating Officer, Stellantis North America, mark.stewart@fcagroup.com

Tim Kuniskis

Mr. Kuniskis:

I would like to call your attention to a serious customer satisfaction issue with the delivery of an ordered RAM truck. I have been a loyal Dodge/RAM truck customer for 20 years and in November 2022, placed an order for a 2023 RAM 3500. The truck was eventually built in March and subsequently shipped on April 11th. The truck is now sitting in Belvidere IL for unexplained reasons.

I have been frustrated and unsuccessful at obtaining ANY information after many, many attempts. My dealer continues to say they have no information. RAM Customer Care has no information. Seemingly nobody at Stellantis has or is willing to share any information on the status of the order, why it has been sitting in Belvidere for 8 weeks, and when, if ever, it may be delivered.

Aside from the 8-month to-date delay, this is totally unacceptable, and indicates to me that Stellantis does not value RAM customers. I find it absolutely incredible that RAM cannot track and provide status on a $108,000 vehicle, when USPS, FedEx and UPS all manage to track the smallest package.

I would appreciate your office assisting in providing any information on why this situation exists, what the resolution will be, and if I will ever see my new truck.
Well done. I share all the same sentiments and experiences. Though we ordered at different times our trucks were built in close to the same time. Still waiting on mine to ship from Mexico though. The fact that no one has information just blows my mind. I can order from Amazon something for $3 and I will know when it is coming and very it is all along the way. It really shouldn't be this hard to provide transparency to your customers.

I will be very interested to see if you get any response.

Scherm

Reaction score

Tim Kuniskis

Mr. Kuniskis:

Thank you. I just sent off my emails too

Alligator John

Reaction score
When trucks get hail damage at the factory or in route and repaired, I do hope they are telling the people who ordered them before the truck is delivered or picked up. There needs to be some kind of legal requirement for disclosing that kind of damage if not already. I know no one ever contacted me about it. I had to do my own sleuthing on the cause of delay and inquire by email with my dealer about the hail damage rumors. Otherwise I doubt anyone would have shared that info with me. And I wonder if such repairs are going to end up on the vehicle's history such as carfax thus affecting future resale value?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

Vin- PG557211
KZ at Midlothian yard since 5/24.

Tech

Reaction score
KZ at Midlothian yard since 5/24.
Thank you for checking on that, I appreciate it! Crossing my fingers that it’s not stuck there for hail damage like dealer is assuming. Time will tell

Alligator John

Reaction score
172 on the order tracking. Ordered in Jan, built in Feb. I am still patiently waiting to be shipped even though the wife and I are down to a single truck between us. I have been understanding and ok with the wait so far. But I have a cross country road trip the end of July or early August that I will have to rent a vehicle for if I don't have my truck by then. If I don't have it by then, I will not be a very happy camper with Stellantis. I do hope it catches a train soon.

Reaction score
Last September I contacted a dealership in the Midwest about ordering a 2023 2500 MegaCab Limited with the 6.4 Hemi. I was told the Limited could only be ordered with the 6.7 Cummins. Because I really wanted the Limited, I went ahead and ordered it without giving much thought about the Cummins. In the following months, I began to read up on various forums, including this one, about the negative and positive aspects of owning a Cummins.

What I learned was that the powerful diesel engine needed a lot more care than a conventional gas engine. I needed to purchase def to reduce emissions and more expensive filters, and most importantly, I needed to pull heavy loads to keep the engine healthy. Since I was going to use the truck as my daily drive and had no intention to pull anything, I begin to second guess my order. I finally decided to forgo my order.

So in March I ordered a loaded Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi from Tuttle-Click Ram in Irvine, California. They were offering the same deal that the dealership in the Midwest was offering, 4% below invoice or roughly 10% below MSRP. Since TC was so much closer to my home in Northern California, it made a lot more sense to order it from them. The ordering process was even easier and faster than the other dealer. Plus, living here in California, TC takes care of everything, including tax and license.

I ordered my Laramie in late March and the truck was built in early April. A week or so later the Ram tracker showed it was scheduled to be delivered to the dealership on June 12. This past Monday I emailed my salesman, who happens to be the fleet manager, if my truck was still scheduled to be delivered on the 12th, since it hadn’t even been shipped yet. He contacted his zone manager, who took a couple of days to get back to him. This is what the fleet manager told me verbatim:

There have been huge problems with shipping in Mexico which have nothing to do with weather. I am sure issues are with poor transit systems and such. It takes an average of 75 days to ship from Mexico sometimes. It simply put a shortage of rail cars in Mexico causing monumental delays. They have about 14,000 cars to ship out from the Saltillo plant so it’s going slow.

So those of us that are waiting better hunker down because it may be awhile before we see our trucks.

Last edited:

Scherm

Reaction score
172 on the order tracking. Ordered in Jan, built in Feb. I am still patiently waiting to be shipped even though the wife and I are down to a single truck between us. I have been understanding and ok with the wait so far. But I have a cross country road trip the end of July or early August that I will have to rent a vehicle for if I don't have my truck by then. If I don't have it by then, I will not be a very happy camper with Stellantis. I do hope it catches a train soon.

Last September I contacted a dealership in the Midwest about ordering a 2023 2500 MegaCab Limited with the 6.4 Hemi. I was told the Limited could only be ordered with the 6.7 Cummins. Because I really wanted the Limited, I went ahead and ordered it without giving much thought about the Cummins. In the following months, I began to read up on various forums, including this one, about the negative and positive aspects of owning a Cummins.

What I learned was that the powerful diesel engine needed a lot more care than a conventional gas engine. I needed to purchase def to reduce emissions and more expensive filters, and most importantly, I needed to pull heavy loads to keep the engine healthy. Since I was going to use the truck as my daily drive and had no intention to pull anything, I begin to second guess my order. I finally decided to forgo my order.

So in March I ordered a loaded Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi from Tuttle-Click Ram in Irvine, California. They were offering the same deal that the dealership in the Midwest was offering, 4% below invoice or roughly 10% below MSRP. Since TC was so much closer to my home in Northern California, it made a lot more sense to order it from them. The ordering process was even easier and faster than the other dealer. Plus, living here in California, TC takes care of everything, including tax and license.

I ordered my Laramie in late March and the truck was built in early April. A week or so later the Ram tracker showed it was scheduled to be delivered to the dealership on June 12. This past Monday I emailed my salesman, who happens to be the fleet manager, if my truck was still scheduled to be delivered on the 12th, since it hadn’t even been shipped yet. He contacted his zone manager, who took a couple of days to get back to him. This is what the fleet manager told me verbatim:

There have been huge problems with shipping in Mexico which have nothing to do with weather. I am sure issues are with poor transit systems and such. It takes an average of 75 days to ship from Mexico sometimes. It simply put a shortage of rail cars in Mexico causing monumental delays. They have about 14,000 cars to ship out from the Saltillo plant so it’s going slow.

So those of us that are waiting better hunker down because it may be awhile before we see our trucks.
Read your post, then I read an article saying that there was a massive

Read your post and subsequently read a newswire about a massive BSNF train derailment in Flagstaff. It was carrying cars, vans and trucks. Arrrrggg

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Not to quibble over such a dubious distinction, but mine (Clabbergirl) was "built" on 2/07, a day ahead of yours but ordered a day behind yours ... and still seems to be sitting in Mexico!
My deepest apologies…you take the prize (and not a prize neither of us want!) I looked over the list 3 times to make sure I had not missed someone, and yet I did. Guess ours are hanging out together and will need AA meetings by the time they make it home.

Users who are viewing this thread