Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

OldGuy87

Reaction score
From the Stellantis website…. https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=319.

Plant History: Facility was completed and production began in 1995. The Ram Mega Cab was launched in August 2005. The DC Chassis Cab was launched in August 2006. The award-winning 2009 Ram 1500 was launched in 2008, followed by the all-new Ram Heavy Duty in 2009. Production of the new 2011 Chassis Cab began in 2010.

The plant built its 4 millionth vehicle -- a Ram 2500 Laramie -- on Aug. 12, 2019.

So based on those numbers they build about 475 vehicles a day, (average over 22 years of production) which means they need a lot of trains.
But that still doesn’t explain why special orders Trucks take so long to get shipped out

Husker1972

Reaction score
If I understood correctly, I read on this forum a couple of months ago that it doesn’t really cost Stellantis to let them sit because the dealer has to pay once the truck is “built”. So it’s really costing the dealers. It’s a screwy system
Yes, I think that was in response to one of my pervious rants. But, the general point is that it’s costing somebody in the automotive business a ton of money to let these finished products just sit. I know it’s a complicated business but such a glaring cost that just doesn’t seem difficult to solve, is a head scratcher to me. Frustrating for the consumer, but a drag on profits for the auto business. I suppose it makes sense to someone.

truckin-on

Reaction score
Argh! What is going on with Stellantis?

My truck has been sitting in Belvidere IL for about 2 months now, along with a bunch of others, and apparently nobody knows why or when or if it will get released from quarantine. After 8 months, I've just about had it with RAM and am actively looking at GM. At this rate, if/when the truck actually arrives, it will be a leftover...

Been towing with RAM and Cummins since it was Dodge, but I think this may be the end of the road and time to give the other guys a chance again.

OldGuy87

Reaction score
During WW2 (Since today is the Anniversary of D-day). *Fun Fact* The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang, went from an idea over a dinner conversation to a FLYING Prototype in only 102 days…. My Truck was “Built” 112 days ago and can’t seem to get moved the 545 miles to my hometown.

popeye2002

Reaction score
The Struggle is Real!
I see all these stories of trucks sitting somewhere lost in the desert and I just hope mine doesn't join the sickness.
So, Today, Ram Tracker notifies me that my truck has shipped and it now has a new estimated delivery 3 weeks sooner than before the update.
I really want to be very excited about it but.... I'm trying to hold back the excitement to cushion the fall when the truck gets lost in some port parking lot for months on end.
I will be saying my prayers when I go to bed tonight

Scherm

Reaction score
I have a few questions:
1) If I cancel my 2023 order because of delays, am I restricted from ordering a 2024?
2) When do you think 2024 information and ordering will be available?
3) What is the typical lengths of time for each of these order | Built | Shipped | Delivery?

I have looked over the internet for alternative trucks and still the one I'm waiting for is the best. However, it's getting closer to "closing time" and I don't have a ride!

Scherm

Reaction score
During WW2 (Since today is the Anniversary of D-day). *Fun Fact* The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang, went from an idea over a dinner conversation to a FLYING Prototype in only 102 days…. My Truck was “Built” 112 days ago and can’t seem to get moved the 545 miles to my hometown.
Keeping with the WW2 theme, my Great Uncle Floyd died scaling the cliffs Jun 8th (Ranger). I'd be willing to scale a few cliffs for information, but I don't know where to begin. What is the name and phone number of the person who can tell me specifics about my truck and delivery expectations?

popeye2002

Reaction score
I have a few questions:
1) If I cancel my 2023 order because of delays, am I restricted from ordering a 2024?
2) When do you think 2024 information and ordering will be available?
3) What is the typical lengths of time for each of these order | Built | Shipped | Delivery?

I have looked over the internet for alternative trucks and still the one I'm waiting for is the best. However, it's getting closer to "closing time" and I don't have a ride!
You have been waiting far longer than I, but my current truck left me yesterday on her way to a new home... I don't have a ride either... my 5th wheel is parked until my new one arrives... whenever that will be who knows.

Husker1972

Reaction score
You have been waiting far longer than I, but my current truck left me yesterday on her way to a new home... I don't have a ride either... my 5th wheel is parked until my new one arrives... whenever that will be who knows.
Congrats - it looks as though yours is the only one on the spreadsheet to have been shipped in June (thus far). After watching this drama unfold for the past couple of months I’ve come to the conclusion that: 1) there must be a lot of trains departing every day (in an earlier post oldguy87 calculated 475 vehicles built per day), 2) the crew loading the trucks on the train just takes the most convenient trucks in the lot to load next; in other words, there’s no attempt to load the oldest first.

This tends to make sense as it’s clear that Stelantis doesn’t care about making customers wait (abundantly clear from this entire thread), and, from a money standpoint the effect on overall inventory is the same, no matter which one ships - there’s no financial incentive to send out first those that have been waiting the longest.

As an aside, when I was in South Florida a couple weeks ago I noticed that local dealers seemed to have a huge inventory of pickup trucks. I’m reading that inventories of all vehicles are piling up across the US. My guess is that the combination of increasing prices, increasing interest rates, and the way that the manufactures and dealers have been treating customers is manifesting itself in a huge push back on the part of consumers.

One last note (from a frustrated consumer) - I’ve started looking through 2500 inventory on the Ram website and I’m seeing more and more available. I’m also noticing quite a few that have somewhat unusual configurations, indicating to me that they may have been custom orders that the customer walked away from. All in all, not a good sign for the industry and all thee more reason why they should be bending over backwards to appreciate and help current customers. It’s also odd that, on the Ram website, it still defaults to the 2022 model year, indicating to me that there are still a lot of 2022 models sitting on lots across the country.

End of yet another of my rants.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Fun facts for those of you who are feeling disillusioned by the time waiting:

- My truck was built 2/8 and still sits in Mexico (4 months to the day)
- Since my build date, 176 of the 226 currently on our tracking spreadsheet have shipped (78%)
- Of that 176 that have shipped, 127 of those were shipped after my truck was built (72%)
- I am the oldest truck on the spreadsheet still sitting in Mexico. I am sure I have plenty of company from other trucks not on the spreadsheet

Chin up...it could always be worse! I know in perfect timing it will make a grand appearance, but until then, smile and enjoy the ride :)
My dad always told me, "Make plans, just don't take them too seriously."

popeye2002

Reaction score
Congrats - it looks as though yours is the only one on the spreadsheet to have been shipped in June (thus far). After watching this drama unfold for the past couple of months I’ve come to the conclusion that: 1) there must be a lot of trains departing every day (in an earlier post oldguy87 calculated 475 vehicles built per day), 2) the crew loading the trucks on the train just takes the most convenient trucks in the lot to load next; in other words, there’s no attempt to load the oldest first.

This tends to make sense as it’s clear that Stelantis doesn’t care about making customers wait (abundantly clear from this entire thread), and, from a money standpoint the effect on overall inventory is the same, no matter which one ships - there’s no financial incentive to send out first those that have been waiting the longest.

As an aside, when I was in South Florida a couple weeks ago I noticed that local dealers seemed to have a huge inventory of pickup trucks. I’m reading that inventories of all vehicles are piling up across the US. My guess is that the combination of increasing prices, increasing interest rates, and the way that the manufactures and dealers have been treating customers is manifesting itself in a huge push back on the part of consumers.

One last note (from a frustrated consumer) - I’ve started looking through 2500 inventory on the Ram website and I’m seeing more and more available. I’m also noticing quite a few that have somewhat unusual configurations, indicating to me that they may have been custom orders that the customer walked away from. All in all, not a good sign for the industry and all thee more reason why they should be bending over backwards to appreciate and help current customers. It’s also odd that, on the Ram website, it still defaults to the 2022 model year, indicating to me that there are still a lot of 2022 models sitting on lots across the country.

End of yet another of my rants.
I wonder if my donation to Anthony Boi @ MD had anything to do with it? Just kidding, but don't you wish you could just bribe someone into getting your truck a little quicker. it's like watching people cut the line at the airport and not a dang thing you can do about it. I don't know how you keep yourself out of trouble watching this absurd process unfold. I'd be happy to let you go in front of me my brother, you were in line first. I hope your truck shows up better than you imagined and you get to enjoy it for many years to come.

popeye2002

Reaction score
Fun facts for those of you who are feeling disillusioned by the time waiting:

- My truck was built 2/8 and still sits in Mexico (4 months to the day)
- Since my build date, 176 of the 226 currently on our tracking spreadsheet have shipped (78%)
- Of that 176 that have shipped, 127 of those were shipped after my truck was built (72%)
- I am the oldest truck on the spreadsheet still sitting in Mexico. I am sure I have plenty of company from other trucks not on the spreadsheet

Chin up...it could always be worse! I know in perfect timing it will make a grand appearance, but until then, smile and enjoy the ride :)
My dad always told me, "Make plans, just don't take them too seriously."
Brother, I don't know how you do it... I watched this thread for awhile hoping mine would not go like yours and many others. Fingers crossed yours is on the way!

Husker1972

Reaction score
I wonder if my donation to Anthony Boi @ MD had anything to do with it? Just kidding, but don't you wish you could just bribe someone into getting your truck a little quicker. it's like watching people cut the line at the airport and not a dang thing you can do about it. I don't know how you keep yourself out of trouble watching this absurd process unfold. I'd be happy to let you go in front of me my brother, you were in line first. I hope your truck shows up better than you imagined and you get to enjoy it for many years to come.
I appreciate that, thanks. I’m genuinely happy for you. There’s just no excuse for what the rest of us are going through. But, at this point I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s nothing to do but wait. I’ll dutifully check the spreadsheet every morning to look for change, but I’ll be pleasantly surprised at this point when it finally ships. Since I have a big RV trip schedule for the fall, I’ll start taking a serious look at existing inventory toward the end of June. I think we should all have a party when pacnw1963’s finally ships.

popeye2002

Reaction score
I appreciate that, thanks. I’m genuinely happy for you. There’s just no excuse for what the rest of us are going through. But, at this point I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s nothing to do but wait. I’ll dutifully check the spreadsheet every morning to look for change, but I’ll be pleasantly surprised at this point when it finally ships. Since I have a big RV trip schedule for the fall, I’ll start taking a serious look at existing inventory toward the end of June. I think we should all have a party when pacnw1963’s finally ships.
Absolutely agree to celebrate pacnw1963's new truck arrival

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Brother, I don't know how you do it... I watched this thread for awhile hoping mine would not go like yours and many others. Fingers crossed yours is on the way!
There have been those moments I get frustrated, but then I am reminded that there is a reason for it for sure. So much has changed since I ordered in December between decisions to retire, selling a house, and buying a house, that I am glad it is there for the time being. Currently buying our retirement home, if the truck arrived and I had to pull assets out of the bank and the financing of the remainder on the truck, all of the time and sweat with the underwriters would have to start all over again. So there is a blessing with it after all.

When we listed our house a month ago, I had to get a friend of mine to move our 5th wheel out of storage for us to move in to. A week later he was shot in a line of duty shooting by some whacko in a parking lot, and only died last week. His funeral is tomorrow, and yesterday I had to humbly ask a guy behind me if he could move my 5th wheel over one slot.

It is times like these I remind myself it could be worse...and to keep my chin up. None of this is in my timing...

Scherm

Reaction score
There have been those moments I get frustrated, but then I am reminded that there is a reason for it for sure. So much has changed since I ordered in December between decisions to retire, selling a house, and buying a house, that I am glad it is there for the time being. Currently buying our retirement home, if the truck arrived and I had to pull assets out of the bank and the financing of the remainder on the truck, all of the time and sweat with the underwriters would have to start all over again. So there is a blessing with it after all.

When we listed our house a month ago, I had to get a friend of mine to move our 5th wheel out of storage for us to move in to. A week later he was shot in a line of duty shooting by some whacko in a parking lot, and only died last week. His funeral is tomorrow, and yesterday I had to humbly ask a guy behind me if he could move my 5th wheel over one slot.

It is times like these I remind myself it could be worse...and to keep my chin up. None of this is in my timing...
That's the right way to look at it! Sorry about the funeral! On another note, I can't figure out how you ordered on 12/13/2022 and were built on 02/08/2023. I ordered on 09/13/2022 and was built 17 days after you on 02/25/2023. It might be fun to understand their order of operations.

Users who are viewing this thread