Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Build and Price is up and running

JimKIII

Reaction score
I checked it this morning and it's up and running.
Just for grins I ran my same 2022 build thru and the 2023 price is $8,000 more - minus the Park Sense which doesn't seem available for the 2023s.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My 2020 HO Limited stickered at just a hair under $87K in Jan 2020.

Built one online and it was over $103K.

fawk...

kevin588127

Reaction score
My 61k 2022 BH is now a 68.5k Laramie and doesn't have the digital mirror. Laramie looks to be the lowest trim that you can get the Rambox now

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Ram has really turned to sh1t. I was looking forward to ordering a mega cab, likely won’t be now. Stuck with Laramie….then prices through the roof

Polo08816

Reaction score
Ram has really turned to sh1t. I was looking forward to ordering a mega cab, likely won’t be now. Stuck with Laramie….then prices through the roof

Before, Stellantis's prices were really competitive and undercut GM and Ford. It's no longer the case - and that's why full size SUVs like the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer are not selling. In fact, I think Jeep had to lower the MSRP for the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer for 2023.

ollicat

Reaction score
Would you people with the 21s and 22s please stop! I am getting a 23 and you are about going to make me drive off a cliff thinking about all the extra money I am spending for less.

jebruns

Reaction score
Just for grins I ran my same 2022 build thru and the 2023 price is $8,000 more - minus the Park Sense which doesn't seem available for the 2023s.
I did mine too. Comparing the sticker from the 22 Ltd Longhorn CTD mega/rambox 2500 that was delivered about 2.5 months ago to a 23 build. $3500 difference. But it's hard to compare apples to apples. The 23 is standard with painted bumpers, for example. I chose chrome on my 22, so that is some of the difference. Also, I could not get the better 18" tires on the 23 w/o having to choose a package (snow chief or offroad) I did not want.

Of course, I paid far less than sticker as I went through Granger. But it is interesting to compare.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Before, Stellantis's prices were really competitive and undercut GM and Ford. It's no longer the case - and that's why full size SUVs like the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer are not selling. In fact, I think Jeep had to lower the MSRP for the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer for 2023.
The prices for those wagoneer models are staggering to say the least. They are full of “features”, Hybrid junk and unnecessary tech with prices starting I believe at 80k. You can pickup a base tahoe around 50k. You wonder why you don’t see any on the road.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Would you people with the 21s and 22s please stop! I am getting a 23 and you are about going to make me drive off a cliff thinking about all the extra money I am spending for less.
But then when the 2024s come available you'll be able to stand proud and tell the newbies about how great your 2023 price was. :)

Akbison

Reaction score
Am I reading it correctly that front/rear Park sense is no longer available on any Big Horn?

Tater86

Reaction score
I priced out my 23 Laramie to the same exact 22 Laramie on the build site and the price was less for the 23. Now you lose out on the fender flares and body color handles, but everything else was pretty much a wash.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I priced out my 23 Laramie to the same exact 22 Laramie on the build site and the price was less for the 23. Now you lose out on the fender flares and body color handles, but everything else was pretty much a wash.
There were at least 4 price increases throughout MY 22. I guarantee if you ordered that 22 a few months ago, it was cheaper. My 22 BH started at 59k, by the time I got my order in (Jan 22) it was 61k. As built in July, it was 66k. Pricing it out now isn't possible with the same options. Closest thing is a Laramie and it comes in at 69k. Maybe ram altered the 22 prices on the site so people don't know how bad the price increases are

UglyViking

Reaction score
I also did my price comparison. The packages have changed a bit since my 2019 model. Laramie to Laramie as close as I could get it and looks like I'm gaining the 12" screen (forced into it with the 2 main packaged) but losing the LED headlights. Outside of that the rest is apples to apples. My 2019 stickered a hair over 71k, the new build was $86,580. That's over 15k more for functionally the same truck and not to mention the discounts have gone way down.

I think Ram is going to have an incredibly hard time staying competitive unless they seriously rethink their pricing structure or introduce some new changes quickly. If I wanted to buy my same truck today I'd be paying well over 20k more, likely 25k. A similarly equipped Ford Lariat would cost me 3k less than the Ram. Ram has lost it's cost advantage and then come.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score

You don’t get body colored door handles on the Laramie anymore? You gotta be kidding me.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Am I reading it correctly that front/rear Park sense is no longer available on any Big Horn?

I cannot confirm sorry but you don’t want them- they are so annoying on my fathers 22 big horn night edition.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You don’t get body colored door handles on the Laramie anymore? You gotta be kidding me.
Laramie still has body color handles. Passive entry is standard on the Laramie, and there is no such thing as passive entry handles that are textured black.

Tater86

Reaction score
Laramie still has body color handles. Passive entry is standard on the Laramie, and there is no such thing as passive entry handles that are textured black.
My bad on that, I thought the Laramie's were standard with Chrome Handles and not body colored. I'd prefer the chrome ones.

Users who are viewing this thread