Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023/2024 Digital Cluster Upgrade?

CTF2019

Reaction score
I still wish swapping was easier, even without wood wheel. I just like the new buttons. Always found it crazy my 2019 has the same damn switches as my 2012.

phatboy64

Reaction score
On the digital cluster does anyone know what controls the configuration of it. Meaning if you five tiles or three tiles, or other display options… are those settings configured and stored in Uconnect? Or are the configured/stored somewhere else?

Skuppy069

Reaction score
I've been hunting for a digital cluster for the past year, have not been able to find one anywhere.
Yep me as well man .
Working on arduino mapping with Jimmy currently and got most of the mapping done .
Just trying to get the timing better as the button behavior is still off at times .
We will get it sorted and if I can get my hands on the new cluster it will be going into my 2018 ram 1500

g00fy

Reaction score
Yep me as well man .
Working on arduino mapping with Jimmy currently and got most of the mapping done .
Just trying to get the timing better as the button behavior is still off at times .
We will get it sorted and if I can get my hands on the new cluster it will be going into my 2018 ram 1500
So what are you guys using to substitute the "ok" button?

Skuppy069

Reaction score
Makes sense, I never use that button since uconnect voice control sucks.
Yep .I hope I can get my hands on the new cluster before the end of the year .
After looking at a few videos Jimmy sent me when he was showing me the button behavior that is not quite there and I am super jealous lol
It’s a Beauty

CTF2019

Reaction score
Maybe you can use a long press of the > button for “OK”

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Any news on this build? eager to possibly repeat.
None of what we’re trying to do with my retrofit will apply to you. Since you have a 23 with the 12” radio already, you definitely just need the cluster, custom harness, left steering wheel switch with pages button, and alfaobd, and you’re all set.

Roxhound

Reaction score
Agree it will be easier on mine, but still like to see how it goes in the end. some of what he is doing will cross over to mine, ie. the alfaobd and harness, but still have to know how to do it in the first place. This or the digital mirror will be my first actual mod, so better to learn more then be dumb during...lol

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Agree it will be easier on mine, but still like to see how it goes in the end. some of what he is doing will cross over to mine, ie. the alfaobd and harness, but still have to know how to do it in the first place. This or the digital mirror will be my first actual mod, so better to learn more then be dumb during...lol
I have the harness available (already been supplying them to 1500 owners that have been doing this swap), and applying the alfaobd settings are a little unconventional since they are not in the settings list, so I would walk you through step by step how to do that.

g00fy

Reaction score
With the full digital clusters, are they still specific about only fitting in the correct chassis with the correct motor?

Skuppy069

Reaction score
I tried a 23 cluster from a dt and it was not happy at all .
I did try a 23 dj cluster and it was mostly happy .

MinimeJer05

Reaction score
I'm still interested in the progress updates in hopes of some day doing this on my 2022 :)

timbo1083

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find the new 2023/2024 digital cluster and swap it yet? I snagged a 2022 2500 in May and was able to find the parts to swap out my original rear view mirror for the rear view mirror camera, but now I'd like to do the digital cluster if possible!

I tried searching before posting and didn't see anyone mention it

I have a 2020 3500 with a UC5 swap. Can I do the digital mirror upgrade also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawntRAM

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find the new 2023/2024 digital cluster and swap it yet? I snagged a 2022 2500 in May and was able to find the parts to swap out my original rear view mirror for the rear view mirror camera, but now I'd like to do the digital cluster if possible!

I tried searching before posting and didn't see anyone mention it
I’m also looking for one too I have a 23 2500 Laramie didn’t know they did the digital so now I want it

Users who are viewing this thread