Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 uconnect 5.0

Ancydave

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2022 with the 8.4 display for 1.5 years now and had it in dealership many times for updates and still have problems with the Apple car play and Android auto freezing up or losing connection. They keep telling me update coming that never comes . Does anyone else have this issue?

Riddick

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2022 with the 8.4 display for 1.5 years now and had it in dealership many times for updates and still have problems with the Apple car play and Android auto freezing up or losing connection. They keep telling me update coming that never comes . Does anyone else have this issue?

What's your current software version? I believe the current version begins with 145.

I did not experience the same issues as you but I had issues with my presets and theme disappearing after a couple of drives. The dealer swapped in a new radio and since then my system has been working smooth.

Ancydave

Reaction score
Hello, my version says fca-my22.s21b.5. Don't know if there is somewhere else to look but I went into system info , thanks I appreciate it

Riddick

Reaction score
You are looking in the correct place for your software. Your 8.4 has navigation and therefore uses the same software as the 12 inch screen users have. Mine does not have nav and I have a different software version all together.

There are definitely newer software updates for your truck and this could be your issue. If you browse through the section dedicated to the 12 in users you may find some useful information. I would think the dealer could manually load the latest software for you, not sure why they wont. With that said have you connected your truck to your home wifi, this could help with receiving updates?

Also, have you tried to use a different phone to see if the issue persists? Do you experience the issue when your phone is physically connected and through Bluetooth? It definitely sounds software related to me but I am trying to rule out all other variables.

@Jimmy07 is a genius on these systems and I believe he has posted newer software versions for your system you can download and upload yourself. Try searching through his posts to find it or make a post in the section dedicated to the 12 in users and someone will help.

**EDIT** See post #65 in this post, this should help.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help!
Yeah, you’re about 8 updates behind. Use that link above to get updated to 26.17, and you’ll most likely resolve the issues you’re having.

Users who are viewing this thread