Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 tow specific navigation

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
@RamCares i believe the tow-specific navigation has been completely scrubbed from the ram website....like it never existed. i cant find it mentioned anymore, its a shame they arent following through with this. TomTom already has stand alone devices that offer RV/Trailer specific navigation, im assuming Ram doesnt want to pay additional money to TomTom to get it working on the uconnect 5 systems......like they already promised before i purchased my truck.
heh... welcome to the world of 2019 owners who had similar experiences about things being missing...

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares i believe the tow-specific navigation has been completely scrubbed from the ram website....like it never existed. i cant find it mentioned anymore, its a shame they arent following through with this. TomTom already has stand alone devices that offer RV/Trailer specific navigation, im assuming Ram doesnt want to pay additional money to TomTom to get it working on the uconnect 5 systems......like they already promised before i purchased my truck.
Hey there,

Our tow-specific navigation tool is currently under repair. It will return to the site once it has been fixed.

Callie
Ram Cares

gebertg

Reaction score
Hey there,

Our tow-specific navigation tool is currently under repair. It will return to the site once it has been fixed.

Callie
Ram Cares
Return to the "site"? You mean the UConnect unit?

gebertg

Reaction score
Hey there,

Callie
Ram Cares
Repair? This implies it was a previously available function. Please clarify.

gebertg

Reaction score
I just updated to the latest version and still a blank screen on tow nav
Looked it up on the UConnect site and says updates are only available up to 2021s....Guess I'll stick with my Garmin RV GPS.....

sstoner911

Reaction score
Is RV Nav really that helpful? I have never encountered low bridges in 10 years

mountainears

Reaction score
Well I don’t think any of us have seen it to have an opinion. But it sounds interesting. I’m not necessarily interested from a low bridge perspective but while towing my horses if it could help determine a safer, less windy path or something like that I’d like to check it out. Especially since I’m thinking I paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I'd be really curious how this works, if it ever works. I was on the east coast last week with a 13'9" trailer so I was a bit nervous. But it's not just about clearance. Regular nav took me through cities on streets that more than likely took longer than truck routes would have taken. Not sure if towing nav would fix that or not though. Honestly I hate nav in the first place, it's just become a necessary evil in my opinion. I really like when it tells you to turn the wrong way on a one way street. That's impressive.

gebertg

Reaction score
I'd be really curious how this works, if it ever works. I was on the east coast last week with a 13'9" trailer so I was a bit nervous. But it's not just about clearance. Regular nav took me through cities on streets that more than likely took longer than truck routes would have taken. Not sure if towing nav would fix that or not though. Honestly I hate nav in the first place, it's just become a necessary evil in my opinion. I really like when it tells you to turn the wrong way on a one way street. That's impressive.
This is my biggest concern. I use the Garmin RV 795 (first picture) and it does take into account the entire setup. Not sure how accurate it is, but so far I haven't had any issues. No module for planning fuel range thought.

I also use RV Life Trip Wizard. It's subscription, but it's pretty robust including dimensions and even fuel range based on information you set. This is a summer trip and it showed me driving range on the map so I could identify fuel stops before heading out. This is based on setting your departure level and I have a 10 gallon reserve. In this case, I have 2 fuel stops which allow a fuel range out to the dark green barrier. Last picture shows an example of the low bridges that it routes you around.
20230525_084639.jpg

20230525_083313.jpg 20230525_084551.jpg

Dforquell

Reaction score
@RamCares -any update on this. I used to have a section for tow nav under trailer set up but after the backup camera recall thats mow gone. But yet i see it advertised on some of the new ram literature. Is it only a available with the trailering packages?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares -any update on this. I used to have a section for tow nav under trailer set up but after the backup camera recall thats mow gone. But yet i see it advertised on some of the new ram literature. Is it only a available with the trailering packages?
Hi,
Please send us a private message with your VIN and present software version. We shall look into this for you.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread