Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
If you paid for the Nav option on your truck, just know it sucks and RAM has no plan for upgrading it. Its over a year out of date.

Attachments

• IMG-1781.jpg
    IMG-1781.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 56

ASAND400

Reaction score
Took delivery!! Huge thanks to @brv10 for taking all the questions and being able to help out along the way. Great teamwork happens on this forum. Took 9 months from order to delivery. Worth the wait.

Attachments

• 5692.jpeg
    5692.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 5691.jpeg
    5691.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 48

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Mine is updated, maybe the 12 inch I have is different
its the same system only the screen is different. hte screen is basically the monitor and just plugs into the brain. Ram customer care keeps telling me it will update via over the air, but it doesn't. They have confirmed that it is at least 5 version behind, but have no way to fix it. I even asked if I can take it to a dealership and they cant answer that question. So if you take delivery with an outdated Nav your stuck with it until they figure out how to update it?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
its the same system only the screen is different. hte screen is basically the monitor and just plugs into the brain. Ram customer care keeps telling me it will update via over the air, but it doesn't. They have confirmed that it is at least 5 version behind, but have no way to fix it. I even asked if I can take it to a dealership and they cant answer that question. So if you take delivery with an outdated Nav your stuck with it until they figure out how to update it?
The newest map update from Tom Tom is available for you to download and install yourself if it’s not doing it over the air:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I will check mine in a bit, mine has been updating but not positive on the NAV, no engineers here now to ask.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Did you actually go to that link I posted and download the 9 North American files? It’s not a VIN based download. It just needs to know the make, model, and UC5 system.
I am downloading all 9 of them now. Is this just the maps, or does it include the firmware updates?

bdle

Reaction score
Estimated delivery changed to Jan 1st. Multiple emails to Mike MacDonald, no response.

Farm boy

Reaction score
Estimated delivery changed to Jan 1st. Multiple emails to Mike MacDonald, no response.
At least you have a ship date. I am still waiting, 10 months and counting. 5 months after build. I thought they were trying to get all the 2022 shipped out before the 2023 start to ship. What I have seen on the 23 forum the guys are getting ship dates the end of January

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
At least you have a ship date. I am still waiting, 10 months and counting. 5 months after build. I thought they were trying to get all the 2022 shipped out before the 2023 start to ship. What I have seen on the 23 forum the guys are getting ship dates the end of January
Ship dates don't mean much....

bdle

Reaction score
My order date 2/27, build date 6/22, ship date 7/23 and various estimated delivery dates

Users who are viewing this thread