Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

TimW73

Reaction score
Is the wireless charging standard for the Laramie, or did it need to be added. I thought it came with the 12" info center upgrade, but noticed, after I picked up the truck I don't see an area for this option.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Is the wireless charging standard for the Laramie, or did it need to be added. I thought it came with the 12" info center upgrade, but noticed, after I picked up the truck I don't see an area for this option.
It’s only available on Limited and Longhorn for ‘23.

Edit: Nvm, this is the ‘22 thread.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
for 2022 models i thought all Laramie's and up had it. It looks like this in the console version.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 51

jwh02017

Reaction score
Weird. Has your dealer been able to see the truck? Might be possible there’s minor damage and the shipper is responsible for getting it fixed before releasing it. That’s just a wild guess though. I can’t imagine why else they’d be holding it.
Not that I know of. I'm also assuming damage but who knows. The more I'm hearing from other guys, I think Stellantis is just extremely unorganized right now. I just wish there was more "useful" information from Stellantis and not the autogenerated "Cara" email responses from Ram Customer Care. Cara needs to be fired :rolleyes:

mbrown2

Reaction score
I had a dealt with Mike on a 2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon Buy Back and he took care of me.... 237 days in the shop during 507 days of ownership... between buying it and upgrading it I had 92K into it,.....Mike got them to approve 92K buy back including the aftermarket...he then got me affiliate pricing if I wanted another Stellantis vehicle so I ordered the 2500 in July.

My Truck went from 11/25 deliver to TBD with dealer saying it was two train stops away... I sent an email to Mike yesterday...he found it arrived in Addis LA in last couple of days... and will try and get prioritized to delivered once unloaded... - Mike is legit and has helped me in the past.

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this has been answered before, but I’m trying to track my rail car and the phone numbers I called aren’t working. Is there a way to know what rail company to call by the rail car number? I’m going to MD, so I assume it is UP being west of the Mississippi… but I tried CSX as well. Is it because it’s still in Mexico? My rail car number is CTTX691749. Thanks!

jsalbre

Reaction score
It may have been left off of yours. you can add it after-market though.
https://www.infotainment.com. I think they are one of the OEM suppliers for RAM. There stuff is 100% OEM
Infotainment.com isn’t a supplier. They just buy up parts and resell them at a markup. You can add the wireless charger for less $$ by just ordering the kit from a Mopar dealer.

schwing_ding

Reaction score
Any chance someone could PM me Mike's e-mail? Mine's been built since September 7th, and pinging back and forth between KZ and KZLD since. I talked a friend into ordering damn near the same truck, same dealer. His was built after mine, and has already shipped. This gives a bit of credibility to the FILO theory if it is true.

Reaction score
Well I got the call yesterday afternoon my truck was on the dealer lot. They wanted to know if I could pick it up Friday morning. Had to stop and get a sneak peek though…
My truck was ready Friday morning just as promised, it’s now home safe and sound.

Attachments

• E801FF0F-D430-43A1-9C99-53CEE8D0E456.jpeg
    E801FF0F-D430-43A1-9C99-53CEE8D0E456.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 56

jebruns

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Longhorn 2500 and even on the Longhorn it's not standard. I don't have wireless charging on mine. I have the 8.4" display.
It was part of the "Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group" on my 22 Ltd Longhorn. That also gave me the 12" screen and the 17 speaker Harmon Karden system, amongst other stuff.

Svend02703

Reaction score
You’re good bro. It’s on the way. Michael MacDonald is getting them outta MX as fast as he can. Out of all the people I have tried to contact with Stellantis, he has been the most responsive and helpful. I can only imagine how much he has on his plate, and he’s doing his best.
Emailed him 2 weeks ago - no response yet

Slotcop

Reaction score
Emailed him 2 weeks ago - no response yet
Just curious, i only heard read about mike macdonalds help 2 weeks ago. Emailed him twice with no response. Have you heard what he is doing for us and why the hold up. My ram was built July 25th waiting to be put on ship to florida. Thanx

Lst1504

Reaction score
Just curious, i only heard read about mike macdonalds help 2 weeks ago. Emailed him twice with no response. Have you heard what he is doing for us and why the hold up. My ram was built July 25th waiting to be put on ship to florida. Thanx
Emailed him 2 days ago and no info on my truck but he did respond the next day

1ram

Reaction score
My dealer is not MD. But also can't get any updates from RAM, zone manager can't seem to break anything free either. According to dealer status codes it's going via Boat not Rail so at least know pieces of the logistics. >15 vehicles from single dealer alone and RAM can't even communicate updates.. disgusting.

Sales manager said if you can get ahold of anyone directly, they treat customers better than dealers and are likely to be more accommodating to concerns. FWIW.. Any contacts directly at RAM or Corporate to raise awareness of this B.S.?

This is 100% accurate. Also everyone needs to keep in mind; if Mike is involved, it's usually because MX lost track of a truck. He has to get in touch with his people in MX, they have to walk the yard, find the truck, get it staged, and then find a rail car to put it on. The fact that he is even willing to work a few trucks a week is a massive task. He is also the one who can authorize the extended warranty, IF YOU ARE NICE ABOUT IT.

Jbail1

Reaction score
Received an email from Mike yesterday AM. the truck was delivered at MD 12/8. waiting for a recall fix now...

jk2119

Reaction score
So, miracles do happen boys and girls.....(maybe) and this has been my 1st experience with Ram / Stellantis thus far:

After ordering on 05-03, being scheduled on 06-17, in production on 07-19, completed on 07-26, sitting in "KZLD" purgatory since 07-26, undergoing the Cummins ECM recall, my 3500 HO finally got its ass on the rail car on 12-07. It probably has flat spots on the tires and rusted rotors, unless the parking lot attendants from Ferris Bueller's Day Off have been driving it around the factory. I am hoping the BNSF rail company can put the train in drive from MX soon, however I have found they are impossible to track the rail car yourself compared to the other rail companies. I was advised that it had "shipped" by the dealership manager on Friday, but until I got the real confirmation from brv10, I didn't want to say anything as I have had 4-5 other "ship" dates before. I was about to have the cartels get my truck shipped up to me since they are they most efficient and quickest shipping organization in the world, I would just have to get new clips for the door panels being taken on and off so much, or...I was going to find some illegals and have them drive it across the border instead of swimming so they could at least drive right into our country and do me a favor, along with having a safer journey through our open borders. My reviews to Stellantis will be that they need to hire cartels to take over their shipping department because as a company they definitely do not have their sh#^ together seeing that my Ram took longer to "sit and ship" than it did to order and build. With that being said, I am told about 2 weeks to go from MX to Illinois, and from there it gets picked up by a transporter out of the yard, and off to Michigan it will go. I will be watching NORAD's Santa Tracker to see if it will gets here just before Christmas, or if it will be doomed to railyard purgatory like some of the other poor souls I have read about on this forum. If so, then I will apply for an antique license plate with the State so I can take it to car shows and museums. At times I was hoping to have it before the second coming of Christ at least so I could have a bad ass Mad Max front end built for it!!

I was able to lock in with my credit union back in beginning of May for interest rate as I got the VIN in a matter of days after order. I did something a little unconventional by actually securing the loan then, which is now almost 4% lower interest rate than the current interest rate at the same credit union. This has it's plus and minus though......minus is that I have been making payments on a vehicle that I do not have....the plus is I have been making 1 1/2 payments each month with the extra on the principal, which will have it paid off in 4.5 years, which when I get the truck, will be that much closer to being paid off. The other saving grace is the $$ is still with the credit union so if I wanted to go with a different vehicle or cancel the loan, I could.

In checking with Ford, they started taking orders for F250-F450 at the end of October after stopping any orders on April 1st without notifying their dealerships. Ford is not giving the dealerships any real ETAs on their trucks. The salesman I know said expect 6-9 months after ordering as before Ford stopped taking orders on 04-01-22, the average delivery time was 6-7 months.

Since ordering my Ram Mega Cab, the price of the same truck has gone up close to $4k. When I ordered, I went on NADA and priced out the same truck with 1/2 the options, just a year older, with 10K miles on it, and it came in more expensive than if I was to do what I did and order a custom built truck just for me, the way I wanted it, and go through the Stellantis hell of waiting. I have been a Ford and Chevy guy my whole life, but I have to admit that the options, the Cummins HO motor, and the interior is still better looking and way more bang for the buck than Ford....Chevy is a joke with the Duramax and their prices. If Ram could put an Allison trans behind a HO Cummins, they would be king.

I'll let you know if Santa drops off my misfit toy to give others like me glimmer of hope......or if Stellantis will still be the wayward father who leaves me at the end of the driveway with my fishing pole after promising to take me fishing for the 100th time and never shows up, just to have mom come out at dusk and get my crying ass to go to bed.....

Users who are viewing this thread