Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

UpNover

Reaction score
Hey guys. Hate to rub it in, but hopefully this gives others some hope. I just shipped per the tracker… Now time to see how fast they can get the “recall” done.
Congrats, wish mine would ship its HO so no recall ..

kvp

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm beginning to think Mark Dodge is fake and just took my deposit. I ordered last December and had to reorder in April because they screwed up.
Still waiting. Far from happy.
Glad you guys are getting yours. I've given up. I'm going on a two-month trip soon, so it will probably show up and I won't be able to get it. That will piss the dealership off because they say they need to close deal within 30 days of them getting it. I certainly don't want to pay for it without seeing it.

UpNover

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm beginning to think Mark Dodge is fake and just took my deposit. I ordered last December and had to reorder in April because they screwed up.
Glad you guys are getting yours. I've given up. I'm going on a two-month trip soon, so it will probably show up and I won't be able to get it. That will piss the dealership off because they say they need to close deal within 30 days of them getting it. I certainly don't want to pay for it without seeing it.
I also order from Mark Dodge , they are definitely real. I’ve spoke to 2 different people at MD and they both said shipping is horrible at moment, thankfully I’m only 130 miles away .

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
I’m Mark Dodge as well… first time ordering from them as I am from WA, but they had the best price nationwide. My salesperson has been awesome. Not to discount your complaints, but I have to point the finger at Stellantis, their communication, and shipping. So far the dealership has been responsive and as helpful as they can be to me given the problems with MX. It’s all very frustrating, and I still have to deal with shipping from MX to LA, and shipping from LA to WA…

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
Brv10, long time listener, first time caller… first off, I appreciate the time you have spent giving folks info. It has given me sanity since I ordered mine and it’s very much appreciated. Now that I have “shipped” would I be able to get some info if you have some spare time?
VON
VIN
3C6UR5FL5NG341653

Thanks in advance!

jwh02017

Reaction score
I've never heard of Mark Dodge until I got on this forum but I'm pretty sure they are legit and I will probably be ordering my next truck through them if my current truck doesn't show up soon. My dealer in Arkansas is having the exact same issues with shipping delays. Mine shipped on Nov 9th from MX, made it to Louisiana either the 13th or 15th (I've heard 2 different dates from 2 different sources) and it's still setting in Louisiana in a holding pen. My dealer is telling me they can't go pick it up because Stellantis/Ram won't release it to them and it's been assigned to a trucking company. Since I need the truck this year for tax purposes, if it doesn't make it, then I'll be calling up Mark Dodge in early January. I'm really not looking forward to throwing the 8 months of waiting out the window and starting over. The only way I would buy this 2022 special order truck in the year 2023 is if they offered some heavy discounts. I have a feeling the dealer will find it pretty tough to sell a 2022 $100k truck in the year 2023. If I spend that much on a vehicle, then it's going to be the exact truck I want and NOT LAST YEAR'S MODEL. Stellantis/Ram has really ruined their name in my book for all these issues they have been having lately.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I've never heard of Mark Dodge until I got on this forum but I'm pretty sure they are legit and I will probably be ordering my next truck through them if my current truck doesn't show up soon. My dealer in Arkansas is having the exact same issues with shipping delays. Mine shipped on Nov 9th from MX, made it to Louisiana either the 13th or 15th (I've heard 2 different dates from 2 different sources) and it's still setting in Louisiana in a holding pen. My dealer is telling me they can't go pick it up because Stellantis/Ram won't release it to them and it's been assigned to a trucking company. Since I need the truck this year for tax purposes, if it doesn't make it, then I'll be calling up Mark Dodge in early January. I'm really not looking forward to throwing the 8 months of waiting out the window and starting over. The only way I would buy this 2022 special order truck in the year 2023 is if they offered some heavy discounts. I have a feeling the dealer will find it pretty tough to sell a 2022 $100k truck in the year 2023. If I spend that much on a vehicle, then it's going to be the exact truck I want and NOT LAST YEAR'S MODEL. Stellantis/Ram has really ruined their name in my book for all these issues they have been having lately.
I know the delays suck, but you’re not going to find a better situation with the other manufacturers. Ford has stopped new orders, and pulled a ton of features. GM has pulled features, and is shipping out trucks with parts of features (including things like heated seats and backup cameras) literally missing, with the vague promise that you’ll be able to get the parts to finish it later, maybe.

Supply of parts is too low and demand is too high. We’re going to be dealing with this situation for several years as chip manufacturing catches back up and the auto manufacturers update their designs to use current chips. A big part of the issue is that the auto manufacturers rely on chips that are multiple generations behind and the chip manufacturers don’t want to keep up the old equipment to make them anymore.

jwh02017

Reaction score
I know the delays suck, but you’re not going to find a better situation with the other manufacturers. Ford has stopped new orders, and pulled a ton of features. GM has pulled features, and is shipping out trucks with parts of features (including things like heated seats and backup cameras) literally missing, with the vague promise that you’ll be able to get the parts to finish it later, maybe.

Supply of parts is too low and demand is too high. We’re going to be dealing with this situation for several years as chip manufacturing catches back up and the auto manufacturers update their designs to use current chips. A big part of the issue is that the auto manufacturers rely on chips that are multiple generations behind and the chip manufacturers don’t want to keep up the old equipment to make them anymore.
I completely agree that it will be several years, maybe even 10+ years before the supply chain gets back to normal. But they can't use the chip shortage excuse when they are able to build a truck complete yet can't get it to the customer for over 3 months. Then you have the issue of simply setting on the truck in a holding pen for who knows how long and not allowing the dealer to drive to pick it up. That isn't a chip, train or truck driver issue. I believe Stellantis/Ram could be "cooking their books" since it's so close to the end of the year. But hey, what do I know, all we can do is make assumptions since they won't tell us what's going on.

Lst1504

Reaction score
T
I completely agree that it will be several years, maybe even 10+ years before the supply chain gets back to normal. But they can't use the chip shortage excuse when they are able to build a truck complete yet can't get it to the customer for over 3 months. Then you have the issue of simply setting on the truck in a holding pen for who knows how long and not allowing the dealer to drive to pick it up. That isn't a chip, train or truck driver issue. I believe Stellantis/Ram could be "cooking their books" since it's so close to the end of the year. But hey, what do I know, all we can do is make assumptions since they won't tell us what's going on.
Ried posting this problem on multiple STELLANTIS CEOs linked accounts, 48 hrs ago and no response. This reinforces the feeling they don't really care. Hope I'm wrong but total silence from RAM care and STELLANTIS is aggravating

TRXCNB

Reaction score
I would like to see reparations of some sort for this bull****. Like free extended warranties for cash purchase or low interest rates for financing.
Last year's models are at least 10000$ cheaper than today's model. It's only fair...

jsalbre

Reaction score
The shipping yard problem seems to be a physics issue, and that they appear to use a FILO (First In Last Out) method. They filled a giant yard up with trucks. Trucks have to either come back out from the beginning of a row or the end of a row. As they're loading up trains there are more trucks coming off the line that need to get parked somewhere, so the new ones get parked in front of or behind the ones that are already there, and the ones in the middle of a row are less likely to get pulled out and put on a train.

The "best" (from a customer's perspective) method would be to load everything from one row while filling a different one, but that leads to a ton of wasted space in the lot.

As for sitting in the local truck yards, I can't explain that, but qualifies drivers are a shortage for everyone.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I bought mine from them and the experience definitely lived up to the everything I had heard about them. If you are having concerns, I would take it up with Aaron and see what they can do to accommodate you. My experience was pretty flawless except for the 7 month wait. I know that there have been a few that have had issues come up and MD bent over backwards to make the issue right. They seem to value their reputation.

UpNover

Reaction score
I bought mine from them and the experience definitely lived up to the everything I had heard about them. If you are having concerns, I would take it up with Aaron and see what they can do to accommodate you. My experience was pretty flawless except for the 7 month wait. I know that there have been a few that have had issues come up and MD bent over backwards to make the issue right. They seem to value their reputation.
So far my experience with MD has been great, delivery issues are beyond their control, I’m not happy with stillantis letting my truck sit 10 plus weeks without moving.

Last edited:

jwh02017

Reaction score
The shipping yard problem seems to be a physics issue, and that they appear to use a FILO (First In Last Out) method. They filled a giant yard up with trucks. Trucks have to either come back out from the beginning of a row or the end of a row. As they're loading up trains there are more trucks coming off the line that need to get parked somewhere, so the new ones get parked in front of or behind the ones that are already there, and the ones in the middle of a row are less likely to get pulled out and put on a train.

The "best" (from a customer's perspective) method would be to load everything from one row while filling a different one, but that leads to a ton of wasted space in the lot.

As for sitting in the local truck yards, I can't explain that, but qualifies drivers are a shortage for everyone.
Yeah, I figure the FILO and hail damage is why several of the old orders haven't been delivered yet. Not sure driver shortage is the issue with mine because my dealer has said they have sent their personal driver to the area twice for other vehicles but they won't let them have my truck for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread