Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jeff a

Reaction score
So it moved from KZLD to KZ. What does that mean? LD was “long delay”? Maybe they got the part they needed?

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
My story:
3500 Laramie DRW

Ordered: Apr 13
Built: Aug 2
1st ETA Delivery date: Oct 7
2nd ETA Delivery date: Sept 30 (today)
Update ETA Delivery date today: TBD

My dealer told me that on the Stellantis shipping report it shows that my truck is still in Mexico. Why do they keep changing ETA when it hasn’t moved.

Also - worst of all - looking at the Sticker, they did not install everything on my original build. I’m missing 50 gal fuel tank & Air Leveling System. Which I’m pulling a 16k 5th wheel & really needed both.

So I’m going to get less for my 2019 2500 Limited and my order is incomplete. My wife and I full time RV & we’re stuck!!!

No one can tell me anything. Not RAM Support. Not my dealer & not FCA US customer care.

I’m going to wait one more month & buy a Silverado High Country.

Cornfed95

Reaction score
Another FNG here, made first post (#37,158) a few days ago. Just got an update from my salesman that my truck made it into Texas. As of this morning, it was in the suburb of San Antonio in a little town called Kirby, TX. My dealer is in Austin so I’d imagine that update is from a rail car location and not a double decker (that’s what I call them car haulers) as I have an estimated delivery of Oct 6. Only time will tell but at least she’s on this side of the river! Will post generic picture of truck from Ram tracking website.

Attachments

• 00973962-320A-4BE5-9F30-3B0982EC5C0F.png
    00973962-320A-4BE5-9F30-3B0982EC5C0F.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 17

rswasey

Reaction score
My truck was moving right along-- ordered in late April 2022, confirmed in May, built in July, shipped in August (i didn't order anything that would require it to be sent out and back to the plant on purpose), Estimated deliver was mid September. My truck made it to Benicia, CA in late August and was unloaded from the train and there it sits. It took a while for anyone to tell me what really happened, but Brv10 was the first to tell me that my truck went into KZOG. My dealership confirmed that my keys were lost.

Does anyone have any idea about who would be the responsible party for ordering new keys and how long it would take to get the new keys. My salesperson said "they" (meaning someone else) would be ordering the keys but had no idea on timeline.

I am not in as bad of a spot as some of the others on the forum because I am not trading in a vehicle, but the 0% interest ends in 3 days and there is no way in hell my truck would be here in time for that deal.

jeff a

Reaction score
My truck was moving right along-- ordered in late April 2022, confirmed in May, built in July, shipped in August (i didn't order anything that would require it to be sent out and back to the plant on purpose), Estimated deliver was mid September. My truck made it to Benicia, CA in late August and was unloaded from the train and there it sits. It took a while for anyone to tell me what really happened, but Brv10 was the first to tell me that my truck went into KZOG. My dealership confirmed that my keys were lost.

Does anyone have any idea about who would be the responsible party for ordering new keys and how long it would take to get the new keys. My salesperson said "they" (meaning someone else) would be ordering the keys but had no idea on timeline.

I am not in as bad of a spot as some of the others on the forum because I am not trading in a vehicle, but the 0% interest ends in 3 days and there is no way in hell my truck would be here in time for that deal.
I was originally told the keys to my truck were lost. You would think it would be easy to make a new key. But it was explained to me that the chip in the key is in short supply so it takes forever.

opfire

Reaction score

I was told by my dealer that the 0% would be locked in once order was placed!
I’ll be very upset if he was incorrect

opfire

Reaction score
I've never heard of that... Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think there's only so many days it can be held.
That would be pretty unethical for them to confirm that as an option,certainly was a reason why i ordered a 22 instead of a 23

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I've never heard of that... Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think there's only so many days it can be held.
Dealer told me that FCA will honor all interest rates that are current at the time of delivery. As it gets later in the year the incentives will increase and the 0% will probably be continued through the end of the year.

rswasey

Reaction score
That would be pretty unethical for them to confirm that as an option,certainly was a reason why i ordered a 22 instead of a 23
My dealership said that I would be able to have any incentives that are available at the time of delivery, but they can't hold any incentives. They were very up front and consistent with this. They did lock in my purchase price though.

rswasey

Reaction score
It would be odd- but if they are doing in house financing at 0% it may be the case. Not through Chrysler financial though.

West1986

Reaction score
Could someone please check to see if there's a build date.
Thanks in advance

3C6UR5TJ6NG416265

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Gotta say, while they have yet to give me a “new number” which they claim will be “extremely close” this deal changing due to rams timelines has really put a bad taste in my mouth. I had completely thought everything was locked in like my experiences before when ordering, everything was on paper anyway. And the dealer didnt make me think otherwise, not a singular warning anything could change.

Still trying to pick my brain as to how someone makes an informed decision on a 100k truck purchase when your given trade in numbers and then they change mid deal. That can really change your desired payment. Its almost like hey! Well order your truck, give us a downpayment but hey… youre monthly payment is a complete wild card hope thats ok.

I think this may be the last factory purchase ill make until ram gets their timelines back to an appropriate rate. Totally my own fault though i went in pretty nieve and assumed the same process as usual when timelines were 3 months. Just figured they would stick to their quoted future value for trade in. Sorta taken the wind out of my sales excitement wise for the purchase.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My story:
3500 Laramie DRW

Ordered: Apr 13
Built: Aug 2
1st ETA Delivery date: Oct 7
2nd ETA Delivery date: Sept 30 (today)
Update ETA Delivery date today: TBD

My dealer told me that on the Stellantis shipping report it shows that my truck is still in Mexico. Why do they keep changing ETA when it hasn’t moved.

Also - worst of all - looking at the Sticker, they did not install everything on my original build. I’m missing 50 gal fuel tank & Air Leveling System. Which I’m pulling a 16k 5th wheel & really needed both.

So I’m going to get less for my 2019 2500 Limited and my order is incomplete. My wife and I full time RV & we’re stuck!!!

No one can tell me anything. Not RAM Support. Not my dealer & not FCA US customer care.

I’m going to wait one more month & buy a Silverado High Country.
VIN?

West1986

Reaction score
All i know is trade in values are dropping like crazy. Ill definitely cancel if it gets worse.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I think thats the biggest issue, when i decided to order the 22 the used market was obsurd. Now it seems to be going back to normal. The price gap was literally 4500$ between my 19 and my 22. Thats what i mean is how the heck do you make an informed buying decision if in 6 months you can lose thousands. Aparently my dealer is scrambling like crazy to put discounts on the 22 so he can make up the difference from promised trade value.

The other problem is if it gets crazy enough id love to tell them to shove it… but that 22 5500 laramie is a fairly rare item in my area and i know itd be gone in an instant. Gah!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread