Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

kevin588127

Reaction score
Is there a normal time of day, day of week (etc) that vehicles get scheduled to be built? For example are the vehicles schedules only occur on every other Tuesday at 5.00? I am getting tired of checking multiple times a day and no status change.

Its like the sports team that almost makes playoffs every year…..at some point you just stop watching and wait for the game summary….

I dont know how some of you guys stuck this out for months with 0 status change.
The tracker always updated on Sunday nights for me. More than once, I'd talked to my sales guy on Friday with no news, only to have the tracker change on Sunday night. I believe once you get a scheduled date, the truck could be built anytime that week. For me, it was supposed to be a Monday but the tracker actually switched to in production on the Sunday before. You are correct, it is kind of better to just stop watching, less painful that way.

slowindown

Reaction score
My tracker would change and random time. I know the first couple of events were afternoon. It was probably a couple days behind too - the truck was delivered to the dealership Friday l, they sent pics, but I ye tracker didn’t catch up until Sunday or yesterday.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Is there a normal time of day, day of week (etc) that vehicles get scheduled to be built? For example are the vehicles schedules only occur on every other Tuesday at 5.00? I am getting tired of checking multiple times a day and no status change.

Its like the sports team that almost makes playoffs every year…..at some point you just stop watching and wait for the game summary….

I dont know how some of you guys stuck this out for months with 0 status change.
There is no rhyme or reason at all. It is all luck of the draw and alignment of the planets, stars and the moon. The tracker has only been around for about 4 months - before that you had to use RamChat and wait for their verbiage to change, and then that would clue you in that you needed to contact the dealer for a status update. But it is what it is...we all knew what we were getting in to when we ordered our trucks. It's a long wait game with many lows and a few highs.

As I have said for 8 months...saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride! :cool: And trust me, it is well worth the wait!!!

techman

Reaction score
You guys will like this one. My tracker, that updated from D to build this week, shows a ETD of 11/3.

My sales person just left me a message saying the truck has been built and shipped today. She expects the truck to take about 10 days to get to Mass.

Should I laugh or cry?

As soon as I get a break in my workday I will call the dealer back.

mdibuckeye

Reaction score
You guys will like this one. My tracker, that updated from D to build this week, shows a ETD of 11/3.

My sales person just left me a message saying the truck has been built and shipped today. She expects the truck to take about 10 days to get to Mass.

Should I laugh or cry?

As soon as I get a break in my workday I will call the dealer back.
Mine was built 7/27 and my salesman told me it would be in Maine by the second week of August. Was kind of offended when I laughed and asked if he'd like to bet $100 on it.

DesertRacer

Reaction score
After almost 5 months of waiting my salesman called me this morning to let me know my truck is on the lot and ready for pick up! Just in time to break it in before going camping next weekend. We’ll see how the new Cummins HO compares to my old Duramax LBZ pulling my fifth wheel up the steep mountains.

VIN 3C63R3RL3NG317234

QuattroCS

Reaction score
The tracker always updated on Sunday nights for me. More than once, I'd talked to my sales guy on Friday with no news, only to have the tracker change on Sunday night. I believe once you get a scheduled date, the truck could be built anytime that week. For me, it was supposed to be a Monday but the tracker actually switched to in production on the Sunday before. You are correct, it is kind of better to just stop watching, less painful that way.
Also this @Bcrouse I had an update on Thursday from the dealer that I was still "D" (confirmed) and on Friday I went to D1 - Scheduled. The tracker still doesn't show a build date and the dealer was able to give me one on the next update.
There is no pattern outside of what has been described, sometimes evening updates sometimes weekly updates, sometimes minute updates from one refresh to the next.

Lettikka

Reaction score
After almost 5 months of waiting my salesman called me this morning to let me know my truck is on the lot and ready for pick up! Just in time to break it in before going camping next weekend. We’ll see how the new Cummins HO compares to my old Duramax LBZ pulling my fifth wheel up the steep mountains.

VIN 3C63R3RL3NG317234
Report back on that!! That is the same transition that I am making.... at some point in the future when my new hippie gets here. Got the LBZ saddled up last night for a trip this weekend. Would love for this to be the last one she has to make.

DesertRacer

Reaction score
Report back on that!! That is the same transition that I am making.... at some point in the future when my new hippie gets here. Got the LBZ saddled up last night for a trip this weekend. Would love for this to be the last one she has to make.
I’ll try to remember! I’ll be back after Labor Day. If I don’t remember feel free to message me as a reminder. My fifth wheel is a 33’ toy hauler and ranges from 12k to 16k lbs depending on toys/water/fuel and my LBZ struggles fully loaded, especially since it’s lifted on larger tires eating into torque. At elevation and with our brutal hills in the Sierra Nevadas, it was time for a new truck.

jk2119

Reaction score
Truck finally delivered picking it up Monday
Ordered 2/14
Built 6/14
Shipped 7/18
Delivered to Michigan 8/18
3500 HO Laramie Megacab
I am from Michigan too and ordered a 3500 HO Laramie MegaCab as well. Mine says it was shipped 07-26. When checking with the dealer, it has been at KZLD status for a few weeks. Did that happen to you at all? Also, what dealer did you use? I have seen some forums that state if the dealer is smaller, it can take longer to get. I ordered mine 05-03, scheduled 06-17, built 07-19, shipped 07-26, and today there is still not ETA for arrival or update on Ram Tracker.

techman

Reaction score
I made the call to the dealer and they are "confident" the truck has shipped today and expect to see it on the lot in 10 to 15 days.

Also, the tracker appears to update randomly. Over the past 2 days mine went from scheduled, to in production, to built in 24 hours. The EDT went from 11/3 to TBD. Still waiting for a window sticker.

IowaPW

Reaction score
I made the call to the dealer and they are "confident" the truck has shipped today and expect to see it on the lot in 10 to 15 days.

Also, the tracker appears to update randomly. Over the past 2 days mine went from scheduled, to in production, to built in 24 hours. The EDT went from 11/3 to TBD. Still waiting for a window sticker.
Not sure where your truck is headed. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Mine spent 10+ days traveling by train alone. Then, waited at the railyard for a month to hitch a ride on the transport to the dealer.

techman

Reaction score
Not sure where your truck is headed.
It is destined for Mass. I have no delusions that it will magically show up early, on time, or based on the tracker. Unless my dealership family, the Herb Chambers motor group dynasty has some private shipping pull that I am not aware of.

IowaPW

Reaction score
It is destined for Mass. I have no delusions that it will magically show up early, on time, or based on the tracker. Unless my dealership family, the Herb Chambers motor group dynasty has some private shipping pull that I am not aware of.
Massachusetts...doesn't it go by boat then? Not sure how long the boat ride will be.

tchur1

Reaction score

Just FYI this type of progression from scheduled to built is relatively normal. The truck are built in a day basically so once it does into production everything between then and it being shipped should happen pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread