Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

amauri

Reaction score
The estimated delivery date on my truck originally showed Aug 2nd.
A couple weeks later it changed to Aug 24th.
This morning it changed to July 25th.
Is this date flip flopping typical of what others are seeing?
Hopefully this is a good sign.
Latest update shows the truck has been delivered, dealer just confirmed it arrived over the weekend

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
I hope you have the same luck I did. I just picked up from MD on 7/14 at IAH and drove straight to Dallas. We stopped for some food and I went to fold the mirrors in after I parked..... that was when I noticed I had power-fold mirrors on my Laramie!!! I fully expected to not have them, but there they were. I hope you get yours too.
Even though I wanted a Laramie, we ended up ordering a LH (basically to insure we had the power folding mirrors). It's a beautiful interior and a very well appointed truck!

neutroniens

Reaction score
Looks like things are improving... heavily optioned 3500 HO with every option other than sun roof. Less than 60 days from order date. I did notice last week the delivery date was August 23, but as of today it is TBD. Not sure why.

Getting excited. Once delivered, I am driving straight to Discount Tire to replace the Firestone's. Not sure why a 100K truck comes with poor quality tires. Hope the rest of the build quality is up to standards. This is my first RAM pickup, so I hope it makes a big impression on me. Came close to ordering another Super Duty. Hope I made the right decision.
I would gladly take Firestone tires over The Nexen tires that will be on on my DRW that is on order. It is sad that manufacturers decide to save money by putting low grade tires on such an expensive truck. I too will be having tires changed immediately.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
First time in this whole process that something has actually moved a day sooner. Just called Union Pacific and they reported that my train will arrive a day early at Port Allen on 7/28 at 0700...assuming of course it does not derail, or they lose the keys, or the plethora of other things we've encountered over the months!

Elcorbs

Reaction score
Called my dealer today for the first time since I ordered. He told me mine went D1 on 7/7/2022. The tracker still shows nada.

DP340

Reaction score
First time in this whole process that something has actually moved a day sooner. Just called Union Pacific and they reported that my train will arrive a day early at Port Allen on 7/28 at 0700...assuming of course it does not derail, or they lose the keys, or the plethora of other things we've encountered over the months!
My truck is scheduled to arrive at Lordstown, which is only 20 minutes from the dealer, on 7/27 at 1800. The downside is that I am having knee surgery on 8/2. Who wants to bet that is when it will be ready

pacnw1963

Reaction score
My truck is scheduled to arrive at Lordstown, which is only 20 minutes from the dealer, on 7/27 at 1800. The downside is that I am having knee surgery on 8/2. Who wants to bet that is when it will be ready
:(:(:( UGH!!!! :(:(:(

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I have sliders with tread plates on my Jeep. They're absolutely worthless as steps, but phenomal and hurting careless people's doors! Pretty good against rocks too
Absolutely needed them on my 01....

Attachments

• Rausch.JPG
    Rausch.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Dang Burt Its not yours.jpg
    Dang Burt Its not yours.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 20
  • TJ_Snow.jpg
    TJ_Snow.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 21

gator6

Reaction score
Aaron said $700 and that after thousands of takers that no one has had a complaint. I figured just get it done before the 250 mile road trip to my house. The truck goes off site for the application though, then comes back. Adds another two days before delivery to me, but he said I’ll be waiting on the financing team to get through their back log and get to me that most likely the ceramic coating will be no lost time after all.

He did not offer ppf, so I assume it’s not an option? I did not ask either, just guessing. You would think that a place that applies ceramic coating would also offer other outside protection like ppf.

There is PPF put on the forward side of the DRW bed, and thank goodness for that. 8k miles in and I’ve got a couple of dings in it from rocks. I need to find a good front mud flap or invest in having my rocker panels done with a Line-X material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
Even though I wanted a Laramie, we ended up ordering a LH (basically to insure we had the power folding mirrors). It's a beautiful interior and a very well appointed truck!

That interior is what kept me from going Limited Night Edition. Glad you enjoy it.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Well they turned my truck on and I can see everything through the app now.
Went to the bank this morning and got that squared away, MD is just waiting on the money wire then shipping. Got the insurance put on the truck.
The rest of my day was checking the AC’s in the camper, paying the hunting land lease, Roxanne to a vet visit, cut a few low hanging limbs to get the camper out, thawed a few homegrown steaks, fried some fresh homegrown sausage and with that I’m done for the day…

UTL-10-8

Reaction score
Well they turned my truck on and I can see everything through the app now.
Went to the bank this morning and got that squared away, MD is just waiting on the money wire then shipping. Got the insurance put on the truck.
The rest of my day was checking the AC’s in the camper, paying the hunting land lease, Roxanne to a vet visit, cut a few low hanging limbs to get the camper out, thawed a few homegrown steaks, fried some fresh homegrown sausage and with that I’m done for the day…
Which app are you using and what was the setup process?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Which app are you using and what was the setup process?
It’s the ram app . I really didn’t set it up. I received a text message from MD with the link and when I went to it I just had to confirm and everything was already set. Looking at it I can see where the truck is setting, see how much fuel is in it, see how many miles are currently on it, start it, switch it off, unlock doors, lock doors, blow the horn

pacnw1963

Reaction score
There is PPF put on the forward side of the DRW bed, and thank goodness for that. 8k miles in and I’ve got a couple of dings in it from rocks. I need to find a good front mud flap or invest in having my rocker panels done with a Line-X material.

Thrown up from the front tires? I need to look into front mud flaps ASAP!

superjoe83

Reaction score
Thrown up from the front tires? I need to look into front mud flaps ASAP!
Even with flaps you will still get chips on the rear fenders, I have 700 miles on mine and I have multiple small chips, im probably going to apply PPF to the front of the fenders, im using the mopar flaps
20220711_100317.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread