Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

TRXto3500

Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, I've watched a lot of people come and go in the time period since I ordered my truck. Today, they finally listed an ETA of August 19th. With speculation that the 23s should be released sometime in August or September, I've decided not to take delivery of my truck upon arrival. Currently looking at an 8 month timeline for a truck that most dealers would've quoted 2-3 months back in December.

View attachment 41428
Do you lose your deposit or can it be applied to a MY23?

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Do you lose your deposit or can it be applied to a MY23?
I'm currently trying to figure this out with the dealer, I've been offered my deposit back twice due to communication conflicts. Now that I'm actively asking for it back, the conversation has shifted/been put on hold. In an ideal world, I'll take my business to Mark Dodge after all of the positive experiences I've heard from members on here. Worst case, I'm out $1000.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, I've watched a lot of people come and go in the time period since I ordered my truck. Today, they finally listed an ETA of August 19th. With speculation that the 23s should be released sometime in August or September, I've decided not to take delivery of my truck upon arrival. Currently looking at an 8 month timeline for a truck that most dealers would've quoted 2-3 months back in December.

View attachment 41428
you may have been in the back of the lot that had the 21k trucks that was backlogged and full, we seen recently a whole batch of may builds get shipped/out of mexico. so now they have caught up with april and march would seem.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

View attachment 41428
Someone else may can tell you exactly but I don’t think you can order a 23 till maybe October or November…. I’m not for sure on that but I have see it mentioned ..

kevin588127

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to figure this out with the dealer, I've been offered my deposit back twice due to communication conflicts. Now that I'm actively asking for it back, the conversation has shifted/been put on hold. In an ideal world, I'll take my business to Mark Dodge after all of the positive experiences I've heard from members on here. Worst case, I'm out $1000.
I'm kind of in the same boat but I ordered from MD. I'll likely be 8 months by the time the truck is delivered. If that is the case, I'll look at the 23s. The value on my current truck is down, at least locally. Cost to ship or for me to fly down has doubled or tripled since the time I ordered. Cost on 23s and incentives on the MY22 is going to play a big part in whether I take this truck or not. If you ordered in December, you missed 2 of the price increases that happended in january. I know I started pricing them out in early December and by the time I pulled the trigger Jan 20 the price had increased on my build by 2500.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I'm right there with you, all the electronic options i could have on the BH except for sunroof, BSM and Surround view. although i like sunroofs, i'll be happy with the ones my wagons have. BSM and surround were not available so i will be working on them after delivery. My order is 4 days after yours and I'm at the same stage, SRW, Megacab with ramboxes are the rest of my exterior options, diff from yours. I did get the HO. Maybe ours are bunk/drinking buddies NE cousins. ;-)

wow

I asked my (1st) dealer how can i see what a mega cab looks like, he pulled one up, that was cool. i said how can i see a bench seat, he said its not normal, then a few minutes later said something about them being standard in power wagons, so i was able to see what it looked like and decided to keep it. the center console doesnt make a lot of sense to me. (my uncle has a 4th gen 1500 with center console, i said, i would rather have the open space, expecially since the seat back and seat bottom are storage locations.
And there is still some console space if you put the middle down, still more than my 2015 F250 work trucks! Son-in-law has the buckets, his console is 12 pack capable....I'd lose so much in there...hehehehe....

pacnw1963

Reaction score

View attachment 41428
Production on MY2023 starts the first week of October. You could be looking at December or January at the earliest for it, or august for your MY2022. YouR decision, but you’re already 8 months in the wait, what’s 30 more days vs. 5 months at best…IMHO…FWIW

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Just brainstorming here. What are the rumors on MY23 price increases related to base prices, destination charges etc. We've already seen options moved 'up and out' to higher option packages or trim levels. Like the ventilated seats....got mine with the Laramie A package in Jan. A few months later you needed to go with the B package to get them (maybe a supply/demand move that will revert back? I doubt it). Anyone see any other option moves like this that could maybe be to keep the base price down but force you to higher packages?

IMO I'd only defer to MY23 if there was a significant model change or color I highly desired, if not there's high risk in this market of notable price increases for the same product.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
View attachment 41398

I was hopeful that it would catch a fast train after being lost at the outside vendors for 2 months. I refresh the tracker at least 5 times a day, and look at what just happed when I refreshed it this time...my wide-hipped beast shipped yesterday!!!

I am starting to believe it is becoming a reality!!!!! Woo-Hoo :cool::cool::cool:
Only 5?!

2022grey

Reaction score
I’m still confirmed at almost 4 months.
I hear you. I was there too then at once it was scheduled, built and shipped all in 2 weeks now let’s see how long it takes for the train ride .

Attachments

• 990996DE-2697-44DC-B621-AA4167D6DA99.png
    990996DE-2697-44DC-B621-AA4167D6DA99.png
    940.2 KB · Views: 28

gator6

Reaction score
View attachment 41398

I was hopeful that it would catch a fast train after being lost at the outside vendors for 2 months. I refresh the tracker at least 5 times a day, and look at what just happed when I refreshed it this time...my wide-hipped beast shipped yesterday!!!

I am starting to believe it is becoming a reality!!!!! Woo-Hoo :cool::cool::cool:

What website is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin588127

Reaction score
Just brainstorming here. What are the rumors on MY23 price increases related to base prices, destination charges etc. We've already seen options moved 'up and out' to higher option packages or trim levels. Like the ventilated seats....got mine with the Laramie A package in Jan. A few months later you needed to go with the B package to get them (maybe a supply/demand move that will revert back? I doubt it). Anyone see any other option moves like this that could maybe be to keep the base price down but force you to higher packages?

IMO I'd only defer to MY23 if there was a significant model change or color I highly desired, if not there's high risk in this market of notable price increases for the same product.
A few things I'm eyeing: rebel package, new mirrors (maybe some that actually power fold) and the possibility of being able to get hydro blue. If that rebel package is priced between the BH and larimie, I'd be looking pretty hard at it. Also, I'm sure there will be price increases but taking delivery of a last year model kinda sucks. My biggest issue is that my truck doesn't see much action in the winter, so after Sept, my need is drastically decreased. If I ordered this early in the cycle, maybe it would be delivered in a time frame that I would actually use it.

2022grey

Reaction score
brv10 would it be possible to have you see we’re my order is at my dealer is useless . Everything you have posted has been 100% 3C63R3ML2 NG268812
Von53777317 much thanks in advance. Trackers says shipped just not sure we’re it’s at .

The Real Glee

Reaction score
My day…

Rear ended while turning left in a 55 mph zone. Other driver didn’t even slow down. Everyone involved walked away fine.

Truck looks much worse underneath.

Attachments

• 03D9F9B6-9046-42CA-8787-C7186CB6D0D3.jpeg
    03D9F9B6-9046-42CA-8787-C7186CB6D0D3.jpeg
    822.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 721B9C83-D435-4319-9DCF-E2D3F36BE663.jpeg
    721B9C83-D435-4319-9DCF-E2D3F36BE663.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 55FD3A48-15F6-4315-BCC9-979ADB467D6A.jpeg
    55FD3A48-15F6-4315-BCC9-979ADB467D6A.jpeg
    809.2 KB · Views: 54

killborn

Reaction score
Mine just left Mexico on a train for Calgary. My current estimate is 08/04-08/22. Now I find myself hoping it’s actually on this train arriving 07/28. Wishful thinking
There is light at the end of the tunnel. Ordered in early November 2021. Dealer tells me the truck will land in Calgary - Canada on the 28th of July. Then they are gonna grab it from the yard instead of the typical 1-2 week wait for trucking. Ready to see it!
3500 longhorn megacab SO. Factory air, body color bumpers.

Lettikka

Reaction score
I hear you. I was there too then at once it was scheduled, built and shipped all in 2 weeks now let’s see how long it takes for the train ride .
That seems to be a popular sort of timeline. Once the build gets scheduled it moves quickly through the construction process then a long pause for delivery. With loan rates going up it is an interesting game. I have been trying to find a way to secure financing now and even start paying on the loan if I have to. Rates when I ordered were about 3.5%, now I am being quoted at 4.3% and the bankers are telling me the rate is likely to increase each month for the next couple. Most of the banks can lock the rate for 60 days, one says they typically lock for 60 but may be able to lock for 90. Essentially unless I find a way to get the loan started now my cost for the truck is rising each month. One idea was that if I can get the dealership to accept 1/2 of the cost of the truck now it would lock my rate and I could get the loan started. With all of the reports of damage at delivery this seems dangerous to me to give the dealership $50k for the truck and remove my ability to walk away if the truck is missing some options or arrives damaged. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get locked into a loan early (now) without giving up the ability to effectively deal with issues at the time of delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread