Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Just thankful I won't have the CP4! No kids so rear AC location isn't important but that's a good catch, I didn't catch that. For me what is important is a 50 gallon tank! I am getting 8 mpg and looking for fuel stations every couple hours in the F250, now I'll be around 12 and never having to fill up with the camper attached because I don't drive further than 5 hours a day.

Funny how the small things are so important, right?

As for supply chain and shipping issues, if we head into a recession those problems will get worse and quality will suffer. Crap shoot on that angle.

Since I'll keep this truck for a loooong time, starting with a 'last years model' should decrease my insurance right outta the gate. Cool.

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
View attachment 41468
Not the same rail car, but maybe the same train! Thank God they moved your fat as$ truck over, err, excuse me, your beautiful wide-hipped beautiful beast to make room for the rest of us...;)
I guess she was so wide it was backing up the line at JB! I'm still convinced she was shoved in a JB shed collecting dust....or they were parting her out to other JB'ers until they put her back together and finally pushed her out

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Just thankful I won't have the CP4! No kids so rear AC location isn't important but that's a good catch, I didn't catch that. For me what is important is a 50 gallon tank! I am getting 8 mpg and looking for fuel stations every couple hours in the F250, now I'll be around 12 and never having to fill up with the camper attached because I don't drive further than 5 hours a day.

Funny how the small things are so important, right?

As for supply chain and shipping issues, if we head into a recession those problems will get worse and quality will suffer. Crap shoot on that angle.

Since I'll keep this truck for a loooong time, starting with a 'last years model' should decrease my insurance right outta the gate. Cool.

You have to get an auxiliary tank! It is the life saver. I ordered the 50 gallon tank, but also have my 95 gallon tank/toolbox I am putting in. On my old truck, it gave me a 900-1200 mile range, which gave me the ease of shopping for good prices, or just bypassing fuel for a day if I was just too tired. Same here, I try to limit my days pulling the 5er to 6 hours/350 miles per day...400 is my max

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Are there aux tanks that don't take up much front room and allow me to jack dirt bikes against them? In the months between long camping trips, any issues with leaving feul in them or leaving them empty? I plan to use the Power Service line, I was already using it in my Kubota tractor to control algae (I could see it in my clear filter canister, slimy globs of it). The biokleen biocide with diesel clear works excellent, I haven't seen it since.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
You have to get an auxiliary tank! It is the life saver. I ordered the 50 gallon tank, but also have my 95 gallon tank/toolbox I am putting in. On my old truck, it gave me a 900-1200 mile range, which gave me the ease of shopping for good prices, or just bypassing fuel for a day if I was just too tired. Same here, I try to limit my days pulling the 5er to 6 hours/350 miles per day...400 is my max
I ordered the 50 gallon tank also, I had a 60 gallon auxiliary tank on my last truck and it gave me 1200 total miles pulling the 5er, and nearly 1700 no load travel distance. I will be adding an auxiliary tank on this beast also.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Are there aux tanks that don't take up much front room and allow me to jack dirt bikes against them? In the months between long camping trips, any issues with leaving feul in them or leaving them empty? I plan to use the Power Service line, I was already using it in my Kubota tractor to control algae (I could see it in my clear filter canister, slimy globs of it). The biokleen biocide with diesel clear works excellent, I haven't seen it since.
I've had no issues with leaving fuel in my aux tank for even up to 6 months. I just put same diesel additive in the tank. My tank is pretty stout with diamond plate, but if I was going to strap a bike against it, I would suggest using a front wheel stabilizer.

pacnw1963

Reaction score

My previous tank was a RDS, 91 gallon. It was 57"L x 19"H x 20"W. With the 8' bed, I was still left with 76" of bed with the tailgate up. My current tank is 95 gallons and 30"W

I always use the Power Service Diesel-Kleen + Cetane Boost in the tank at each fill-up (endorsed by Cummins, boost cetane by 6, cleans injectors, etc) and then every 6 months I would use the Power Service Clear-Diesel Fuel and Tank Cleaner to get rid of any accumulated water and break down any slime. Always worked great. They also make a anti gel product for temps below 30 degrees.

DP340

Reaction score
Looks like my truck has made it up to Kansas City. Only 850 more miles to go. If it wasn't for the good folks on this forum, I would think that I needed professional help! HaHa. I can't tell if having access to all of this information is a blessing or a curse.

Attachments

• 1658437079005.png
    1658437079005.png
    417 KB · Views: 36

choprzrul

Reaction score
Looks like my truck has made it up to Kansas City. Only 850 more miles to go. If it wasn't for the good folks on this forum, I would think that I needed professional help! HaHa. I can't tell if having access to all of this information is a blessing or a curse.
I talked to the dispatcher at the transport company a few hours ago. Mine got loaded on the trailer this morning and is now waiting on a driver to make that last 4 hour trip. Everything else has taken a week....so who wants to place bets that this does also?

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Old habits die hard don't they, pretty sure 350 a day is a quote right out of the JTR!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Old habits die hard don't they, pretty sure 350 a day is a quote right out of the JTR!
I do believe your right…and…at my age and 22 years of flinging myself out of perfectly good airplanes, my knees, back, and ankles are unforgiving after 350 miles. Not to mention my bladder can’t go past 2 hours, 120 miles anyway ;)

bwf1911

Reaction score
Been a long 5 days of checking email and spam to let me know its ready. Hopefully I get it tomorrow. I would love to pick it up Sat. Otherwise it will be another week before I can get to Mark Dodge. Delivery July 15 so maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Been a long 5 days of checking email and spam to let me know its ready. Hopefully I get it tomorrow. I would love to pick it up Sat. Otherwise it will be another week before I can get to Mark Dodge. Delivery July 15 so maybe tomorrow.

Same here, truck arrived on the 15th. I keep thinking when I get home from work and get comfortable that I'll have that email waiting for me, but nothing yet. After the tracker showed my truck was delivered to MD, I sent Renae an email to see if it was actually there. She confirmed that it had arrived and it could take up to 7 days for the PDI and final inspection process, then the delivery team would contact me to let me know it had arrived (but she just told me that?), and then I would get in line for the finance team.

From what I have read on this forum is the PDI process usually takes 3-5 days at MD but they have had a lot of trucks show up this month which is probably why it may take a little longer. As much as I am looking forward to my first road trip in the new truck, I'm tied up with work until the end of the month, so the wait is not nearly as bad as it was before it got delivered. I'm still looking for that email so I can have a picture of my truck to look at everyday until I pick it up!

bwf1911

Reaction score
Same here, truck arrived on the 15th. I keep thinking when I get home from work and get comfortable that I'll have that email waiting for me, but nothing yet. After the tracker showed my truck was delivered to MD, I sent Renae an email to see if it was actually there. She confirmed that it had arrived and it could take up to 7 days for the PDI and final inspection process, then the delivery team would contact me to let me know it had arrived (but she just told me that?), and then I would get in line for the finance team.

From what I have read on this forum is the PDI process usually takes 3-5 days at MD but they have had a lot of trucks show up this month which is probably why it may take a little longer. As much as I am looking forward to my first road trip in the new truck, I'm tied up with work until the end of the month, so the wait is not nearly as bad as it was before it got delivered. I'm still looking for that email so I can have a picture of my truck to look at everyday until I pick it up!
For sure. Kippie said averaging 7 days but they received a lot of vehicles. It's still 10 days before the tracker estimated it would be delivered there. I just have to be in the area this weekend and would be nice to not have to make another trip down there.

Users who are viewing this thread