Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Burgs04

Reaction score
I know there was talk about a month ago about tracking a truck with the Ram Connect app that we determined not to be possible cause it requires the truck to set up - but is there any significance to getting an email from ram connect about setting up my apps? Does that indicate that my head unit has been activated or anything? As a Canadian order I have basically zero visibility for tracking but was hopeful that maybe something might be happening.
You need the tuck to accept the user terms and such. However, I called in and was able to accept the terms verbally. I have access to the ram connect app.

Currently, I have not been able to track the truck. I can set boundaries and speed alerts. But because the truck has not been "keyed on" since setting up the app nothing works. Screenshot_20220613-111434_Ram.jpg
Or the app doesn't work with the truck in dealer mode.

Ps. My truck is in KZ status and has been built since 5/5

chas0218

Reaction score
What options do you have on your truck?

I suspect it's an option thing that keeps some trucks from shipping.
Possibly in the build process but it has been built, inspected, and in staged for shipping since 3/24. I got a big horn level C Mega cab. I only got a few packages nothing that was electronic based.

Attachments

• window sticker snip.JPG
    window sticker snip.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 35

choprzrul

Reaction score
question......will my new truck have a full tank of DEF when I pick it up from the dealer? I see my build sheet specifies 5.5 gallons of diesel, but no mention of DEF....

SaylessRam

Reaction score
question......will my new truck have a full tank of DEF when I pick it up from the dealer? I see my build sheet specifies 5.5 gallons of diesel, but no mention of DEF....
Generally at the dealer's discretion from what I understand, the plant ships them with the minimal amounts needed for moving on and off trains.

Burgs04

Reaction score
There are currently over 21,000+ trucks sitting in the lots in Mexico waiting on shipment. The rails are operating at 60% and there is a rail car shortage
Well crap. I guess it's going to be a bit of a wait for some of us. Especially if the lots go first in first out.

99mo

Reaction score
There are currently over 21,000+ trucks sitting in the lots in Mexico waiting on shipment. The rails are operating at 60% and there is a rail car shortage
I read on this forum that they average, IIRC, 850-900 trucks a day. So, give or take a day, that would mean about 3.5 weeks of trucks waiting. I wonder what the plant normally has back upped in the lots? This is definitely pushing back on the build dates. I would have to agree with the thought that trucks that were first in the lots, would probably be last out. Probably easier for the workers to load and go when the truck is off the line and hits the timing just right with vendor, inspection, etc. It would be maddening knowing your truck is built and yet has been sitting for weeks/months and others are built and headed north much faster. I will in all likelihood be joining the gang after my truck is initiated (built).

SidneyMafia

Reaction score
My local dealer has been getting trucks with window sticks that have May build dates arriving on the lot. Im guessing the lots are full and when a truck is released it goes right to loading, for lack of storage at the plant.
My truck was ordered on Feb 4th , built on April 22 and has been fading in the Mexico sun since the April 22nd date. Today im at week 19 of my order. any day now, annnyyyyy daaaayyyy.

chas0218

Reaction score
I read on this forum that they average, IIRC, 850-900 trucks a day. So, give or take a day, that would mean about 3.5 weeks of trucks waiting. I wonder what the plant normally has back upped in the lots? This is definitely pushing back on the build dates. I would have to agree with the thought that trucks that were first in the lots, would probably be last out. Probably easier for the workers to load and go when the truck is off the line and hits the timing just right with vendor, inspection, etc. It would be maddening knowing your truck is built and yet has been sitting for weeks/months and others are built and headed north much faster. I will in all likelihood be joining the gang after my truck is initiated (built).
It's beyond frustrating, if I didn't have a trade tied up at the dealer I would've bailed long ago and bought through another dealer. I'm getting a good price but there are other dealers offering great prices. I would hate to be the guys from Nov, Dec. of last year still waiting around for their orders. If I wasn't going Mega cab I likely would've bought a GM but the wife wanted the Mega for the kids. Hopefully at some point I will hear from my dealer letting me know it's there. Ram gave me an estimated time of delivery from 6/1-6/9 but still hasn't made it there.

Burger

Reaction score
hopefully my baby gets scheduled for delivery soon. I know it’s Kzld right now.

Attachments

• 94D206D6-4E07-4E50-BFB4-7D025C6D9579.png
    94D206D6-4E07-4E50-BFB4-7D025C6D9579.png
    772.4 KB · Views: 52

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum as a guest for about a week and I have decided to join the growing community of "expecting" RAM truck owners.
I traded in my 2018 RAM Reg. Cab/Long Bed/SRW/Cummins 6.7L/SLT.
When I went to the dealer, I could not believe the value of my 2018. In 2020 it was only worth roughly 25K, they gave me 40K for my 2018.

I have ordered a 2022 RAM 3500 4x4/Crew Cab/Long Bed/DRW/Cummins HO 6.7L/ Big Horn/Level C Package/5th Wheel Prep/30K 5th Wheel Hitch/Cloth Bucket Seats/Bed Utility Group/Premium Lighting Group/Side Steps/Protection Group.

Truck color Patriot Blue.

New truck ordered on 5/19/2022.
VIN received on 5/25/2022.

Not scheduled for production yet.

I know I am in for a bit of a wait.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the code for my status? I only know to go to the RAM Vehicle Order Number site.

Thanks!

Attachments

• RAM_3500_Dually_Order.PDF
    695.5 KB · Views: 17

RandomHero

Reaction score
You need the tuck to accept the user terms and such. However, I called in and was able to accept the terms verbally. I have access to the ram connect app.

Currently, I have not been able to track the truck. I can set boundaries and speed alerts. But because the truck has not been "keyed on" since setting up the app nothing works.

My only issue is that as a Canadian order I am not issued a VIN - only a VON until the truck is basically shipped. So was just curious if having the connect app email showed me that I was maybe built and waiting for a train

IowaPW

Reaction score

Currently, I have not been able to track the truck. I can set boundaries and speed alerts. But because the truck has not been "keyed on" since setting up the app nothing works. View attachment 39470
Or the app doesn't work with the truck in dealer mode.

Ps. My truck is in KZ status and has been built since 5/5
Curious what number you called to accept? What information did they ask for? Did they ask any other questions about delivery, etc? I'd love to be able to do this. Then could tell when it gets loaded on the transport truck and leaves the railyard.

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Well crap. I guess it's going to be a bit of a wait for some of us. Especially if the lots go first in first out.

Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason as to how they ship from the lot. Some have sat for only a couple of weeks while others have been sitting for over 3 months...and the lucky ones that have the moon and stars align just as they come off the production line move right to a waiting train

pacnw1963

Reaction score
hopefully my baby gets scheduled for delivery soon. I know it’s Kzld right now.

Remember that even though the tracker shows built, it does not necessarily mean KZLD. If it has to go to outside vendors, the tracker will show built, but your actually JB.

My truck was built 5/19 and that is what my tracker reflects, but as of 10pm the night of 5/19, I have been JB at the outside vendors...going on 4 weeks!

And the wait continues! Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride... :cool:

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum as a guest for about a week and I have decided to join the growing community of "expecting" RAM truck owners.
I traded in my 2018 RAM Reg. Cab/Long Bed/SRW/Cummins 6.7L/SLT.
When I went to the dealer, I could not believe the value of my 2018. In 2020 it was only worth roughly 25K, they gave me 40K for my 2018.

I have ordered a 2022 RAM 3500 4x4/Crew Cab/Long Bed/DRW/Cummins HO 6.7L/ Big Horn/Level C Package/5th Wheel Prep/30K 5th Wheel Hitch/Cloth Bucket Seats/Bed Utility Group/Premium Lighting Group/Side Steps/Protection Group.

Truck color Patriot Blue.

New truck ordered on 5/19/2022.
VIN received on 5/25/2022.

Not scheduled for production yet.

I know I am in for a bit of a wait.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the code for my status? I only know to go to the RAM Vehicle Order Number site.

Thanks!

Your dealer is the only one who can give you specific build codes for your particular order. There are a few members here that can when they can, but it's best to go to your dealer and get the specific build code. Before the tracker, I would contact RamChat once a week, and when their verbiage changed, would contact the dealer for a code update. And even then, it would change. My estimated build date changed 4 times before it was finally built.

Burger

Reaction score
Remember that even though the tracker shows built, it does not necessarily mean KZLD. If it has to go to outside vendors, the tracker will show built, but your actually JB.

My truck was built 5/19 and that is what my tracker reflects, but as of 10pm the night of 5/19, I have been JB at the outside vendors...going on 4 weeks!

And the wait continues! Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride... :cool:
I got the email from Stellantis. Truck is built waiting on shipping. Already was JB, now KZLD. But….. haha. We all know how this goes. So…,Not counting chickens yet. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread