Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

2500Ram

Reaction score
Well I finally have an estimated delivery date, I’m hoping that is pretty accurate even though it still shows it hasn’t been shipped on the tracker. Dealer shows it has left Midlothian. Build was 03/06.
Mine is also showing unshipped on the tracker and no estimated delivery date but LEFT MIDLOTHIAN on the 7th! Where is yours going?

Clintock

Reaction score
Got a dilemma. Or I think it is. Anyone with the gooseneck prep please chime in. I ordered it. Searched the truck and seen the white bag. Ok good deal. Got the chain kit and ball in there. Wrong! Figured when you spend that much on a truck and order the gooseneck fifth wheel prep that it would come ready to pull the gooseneck. I understand no fifth wheel plate. Got the 600 bucks to add it I coulda took it to the local truck accessories and get it installed for 550 but wanted factory to do it. Someone else let me know about your rig.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Got a dilemma. Or I think it is. Anyone with the gooseneck prep please chime in. I ordered it. Searched the truck and seen the white bag. Ok good deal. Got the chain kit and ball in there. Wrong! Figured when you spend that much on a truck and order the gooseneck fifth wheel prep that it would come ready to pull the gooseneck. I understand no fifth wheel plate. Got the 600 bucks to add it I coulda took it to the local truck accessories and get it installed for 550 but wanted factory to do it. Someone else let me know about your rig.
do you mean something like this had to be added?

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Yes. Something. From the looks of what I’ve got I’ll still have to get holes cut into bed. Granted this is my first time buying a rig with gooseneck prep. Guess I shoulda asked more questions
I wasnt able to get the 5th/gooseneck prep because of the rambox, but i will be adding it, these are some of the parts i will get. Someone else should be able to chime in.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Why would there be a fifth wheel plate? It's a puck system.

No, not with the fifth wheel prep, already there.

Yes. Something. From the looks of what I’ve got I’ll still have to get holes cut into bed. Granted this is my first time buying a rig with gooseneck prep. Guess I shoulda asked more questions

Any truck with fifth wheel prep has a gooseneck plate mount and four pucks installed. They're under the plastic covers. Most dealers don't even put those in.

1655004733524.png

Why would you need to cut holes or add anything other than a gooseneck ball and chain loops that go into the rear pucks?

The Curt one kinda sucks.

The B&W is the most expensive but also sits up higher. Easiest to install/remove.

I have the Reese and like the chain loops better.

Clintock

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO when I clicked on his link I accidentally scrolled to where it just showed the ball and the chain anchors. So I replied yes. I don’t need the receiver part under the bed. Just the ball and chain anchors. For some reason I thought they were included in the kit.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasnt able to get the 5th/gooseneck prep because of the rambox, but i will be adding it, these are some of the parts i will get. Someone else should be able to chime in.

I would avoid the Curt GN plate and get the B&W. It's a square hole and you can use their 4" offset ball if you have a short bed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@brutal_howhen I clicked on his link I accidentally scrolled to where it just showed the ball and the chain anchors. So I replied yes. I don’t need the receiver part under the bed. Just the ball and chain anchors. For some reason I thought they were included in the kit.

Roger that. Any more hitch or towing questions, we have a towing forum that will net you better results. ;)

sawpdx

Reaction score
I have a goose neck adapter on my 5th wheel trailer and a B&W turn over ball in the bed of my 05 3500 long bed. My ordered truck will also have the goose neck Prep.
The prep package only comes with the pre drilled holes and plastic covers in the bed of the truck. You have to order the OEM ball and safety chains. I went with B&W brand OEM ball, chain pucks (like the one in Brutal_HO post above). The safety chains from Etrailer.

choprzrul

Reaction score
I purposely left off the options that would send it to an outside vendor (hopefully).....kinda figured I'd rather add options on my own later and get the truck sooner. I'm planning on driving it from CA to Nebraska in November for deer season and will be hauling a trailer over the rockies....so I'm hoping to get some good break-in miles before then.

View attachment 39249
I've got movement! This is the first time I've seen "scheduled". I know, it's a long road ahead, but I'm hopeful I'll get it in time to get it broke in before towing 1/2 way across the country :)

1655043295500.png

Users who are viewing this thread