Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

M376X6

Reaction score
They told me there wasn’t no part restraints on my truck so I hope it’s on it
The dealership talked me into the surround view and I had been confused because of the accessories and what I ordered and could order but they assured me there was no problem, so I had them include the surround view. My truck is in production this weekend so hopefully it will be finished tomorrow or Tuesday. If I understand correctly the surround view is something that is completed by the dealership. Mounting of the cameras and whatever. Hopefully someone who knows the story can enlighten us. When the dealership called Friday morning I mentioned the delays in shipping and delivery and they stated it wouldn't be an issue. I hope they're right. Folks try all the different brands of vehicles, Ford, Chevrolet, etc. etc., I have always had good luck with Dodge, even when I tried the others and they at some point left me stranded. I know this sounds narrow minded, buy I eat, sleep, and live Dodge.

M376X6

Reaction score
I also went local to order my new Ram. They were also MSRP & told me Everyone is working off that only. I did a quick search online (still trying to stay in my state) and found a dealer claiming to have get pricing on new custom orders. So I sent them my online build specs & they came back quickly with 6% off. I know i could have shopped around & probably beat it but I’ve done the out-of-state / flying / driving / hotel deals enough in the past. I was happy enough with this deal & still staying somewhat local ( dealer is about 45 minutes away) so now I’m just waiting for delivery.
BTW, my window sticker went up $2105 since I ordered too.

Dave…
After I worked out a deal with Christopher's Dodge and got dealer invoice, I found my company has a program for 1% below invoice and Christopher's came back and honored that. I have mostly always had good luck with Christopher's Dodge in Golden. Even when they had the dealership down on Colfax many years ago. I did go around and check some of the other dealerships (I was getting a feel for when I sold my 2012 Ram) and they stated everything from MSRP to well over MSRP on an order. Some stated emphatically that absolutely no one would sell below MSRP, I just smiled and said thanks. I've never figured out invoice or actual cost to the dealer, but I wonder if even at "Invoice" if the dealership isn't somehow still making money from the sale. If they are that is perfectly fine, these people need to stay in business. It eases my conscience to know that no matter how hard I barter with them they are still getting a fair deal somehow.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
My local wanted MSRP, which I ignorantly was going to pay. A couple of days later, they let me know they didn't have a 6.4 allocation. Thank goodness. I began some internet research and discovered MD. I had a really easy order process and a significant price reduction. I've about had it with local mom and pops. I built my house 15 years ago and the local mom and pop that supplied my plumbing fixtures couldn't get cartridges for the bath faucets because the mfg was out of business - a little time on amazon and I had replacements ordered. The local mom/pop appliance place couldn't (or wouldn't) get a new screen/control panel for our whirlpool dual oven that they had sold me but the many advertisers on ebay were up to the task. Mom and pops generally underwhelm me.
Local dealers here (CA) couldn't even come close and had no desire to negotiate price with me on the same truck I ordered from MD. Aside from price, they were pretty abrupt and borderline disrespectful to me for even bringing up the fact I could get better pricing elsewhere.

Not only was MD way better price, but most notably Sandi has been one of the most pleasant people to work with. She ran through my order line by line twice to ensure I got what I wanted, explaining what every single option was in detail saving me money because I removed the "trailer surround cameras"after heating what they were. Honestly, if their service stays as good as it has been, I will buy every future vehicle from MD even if they don't have the lowest price.

Illymost

Reaction score
Local dealers here (CA) couldn't even come close and had no desire to negotiate price with me on the same truck I ordered from MD. Aside from price, they were pretty abrupt and borderline disrespectful to me for even bringing up the fact I could get better pricing elsewhere.

Not only was MD way better price, but most notably Sandi has been one of the most pleasant people to work with. She ran through my order line by line twice to ensure I got what I wanted, explaining what every single option was in detail saving me money because I removed the "trailer surround cameras"after heating what they were. Honestly, if their service stays as good as it has been, I will buy every future vehicle from MD even if they don't have the lowest price.
The already miserable experience of interacting with a dealership, seems to have been made worse in this market. Every dealer I talked to (Ford and RAM) acted like they were doing me a favor by even entertaining my inquiries into getting a new truck. The arrogance was astonishing. I would end up leaving with my blood pressure sky high and cussing. Then I talk to MD. No BS, here’s the best price up front, no negotiations. Breath of fresh air. I’m sure Granger is the same way but MD is closer to me. Can’t wait for the day all those cocksuckers near me go out of business.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The dealership talked me into the surround view and I had been confused because of the accessories and what I ordered and could order but they assured me there was no problem, so I had them include the surround view. My truck is in production this weekend so hopefully it will be finished tomorrow or Tuesday. If I understand correctly the surround view is something that is completed by the dealership. Mounting of the cameras and whatever. Hopefully someone who knows the story can enlighten us. When the dealership called Friday morning I mentioned the delays in shipping and delivery and they stated it wouldn't be an issue. I hope they're right. Folks try all the different brands of vehicles, Ford, Chevrolet, etc. etc., I have always had good luck with Dodge, even when I tried the others and they at some point left me stranded. I know this sounds narrow minded, buy I eat, sleep, and live Dodge.
Trailer or truck surround?

CTow

Reaction score
There are part restraints, employee restraints, drivers, semi trucks, rail car, the list goes on and on. Don't kid yourself and you're barley in the process

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
The rail road s have been laying off for the last six years then Covid came and they gave retirement packages to get rid of the higher pay scale employees the airlines and trucking company’s did the same now they need engineers pilots and truck drivers with experience and they not coming back they are all restricted by how many hours they can work and required many hours of training and it’s going to take years to get up to speed

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I didn't know there was a difference, but as I look at the order sheet it shows XN1 and states Trailer Surround View Camera System.
Mine has truck surround and trailer surround is also available

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a difference, but as I look at the order sheet it shows XN1 and states Trailer Surround View Camera System.
One is the virtual 360 view of your truck, the trailer surround is the cameras you install yourself on the trailer and then it's a pre-wired plug in the rear of the truck and shows on your screen.

That's exactly what I was talking about when I said Sandi saved me money! I don't need those cameras on my trailer, and would probably never installed them.

M376X6

Reaction score
One is the virtual 360 view of your truck, the trailer surround is the cameras you install yourself on the trailer and then it's a pre-wired plug in the rear of the truck and shows on your screen.

That's exactly what I was talking about when I said Sandi saved me money! I don't need those cameras on my trailer, and would probably never installed them.
Should have discovered what Trailer surround was before saying okay. But since I'll have it I'll get some cameras and install them. I haul a lot of different Dodges all over for hunting, being able to see cargo isn't such a bad idea.
I ordered the Limited with the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group. It shows Digital Rear View Mirror and Surround View Camera System. Apparently I also added the Trailer Surround System. It sounds like I'll be able to see everything, which if I have to select which views I want I'll probably end up almost going off the road playing with the trucks systems instead of concentrating on driving ;-). It all makes the anticipation of what I'm getting and the excitement of eventually getting it all the better.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I hope for your sake that your truck didn't get buried in a storage lot, that is a long time to be in JB status, my limited took two days from start of production to the window sticker populating and a KZLD status.
I figured they are out of stock on some option I ordered…at least that’s what I keep telling myself to keep my sanity :oops:

AK_Rams

Reaction score
Wow. That would be awesome to get it that quick. I order mine Dec 30 2021 and they just built it the 31st of last month. Good luck with the truck
I just talked with Sandi and she is expecting it at the port on 6/9. She said it can be 2-3 weeks from the port to the dealership. I was not expecting everything to work out this fast. I'm definitely excited! Hope yours gets to you quickly.

JustinSane

Reaction score
It’s all very unpredictable. I also ordered on 1/28, but mine was built 4/1 and delivered to Mark Dodge on 4/27. Under 13 weeks for the entire deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you order ?
It’s all very unpredictable. I also ordered on 1/28, but mine was built 4/1 and delivered to Mark Dodge on 4/27. Under 13 weeks for the entire deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what did you order ? My is a PW lvl 3 package with every option except sunroof

Users who are viewing this thread