Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

sgar0807

Reaction score
If the factories are rumored to start rolling over on the 15th of June to prepare for the 2023s as posted earlier here, i believe; what happens if my build isn't completed by then? Would I get the option to upgrade to a 2023? I got what I wanted when I ordered, which just so happened to be literally every single technology option

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 08.35.11.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 08.35.11.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 43

kevin588127

Reaction score
If the factories are rumored to start rolling over on the 15th of June to prepare for the 2023s as posted earlier here, i believe; what happens if my build isn't completed by then? Would I get the option to upgrade to a 2023? I got what I wanted when I ordered, which just so happened to be literally every single technology option
Not sure where you heard that. Mine has a June 27th est ship date and I'm betting there are many more after that. They didn't start building 22s until Sept last year. Would be cool to get those new mirrors though, lol.

matemike

Reaction score
Waiting since Mar 6 for shipping to AZ
Same. Truck was built on March 5th, it was complete on March 8th and been waiting for a train to MD ever since.

What is going on?!? There's got to be something, because trucks built after ours are being shipped to the same dealer that I ordered from.

Something is up, not right, afoot. However you want to say it.

matemike

Reaction score
It’s all very unpredictable. I also ordered on 1/28, but mine was built 4/1 and delivered to Mark Dodge on 4/27. Under 13 weeks for the entire deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS THIS THIS

Glad you have your truck, but this is what has me baffled. I ordered about six weeks before you and my truck was built a month before yours, but mine is stuck, whereas yours moved. I looked at your order. We both ordered a 2500, Laramie, Hemi, with offroad package.

I got short box, NE, Laramie Level B and power deployable running boards.

You got long box, 50 gal tank, 5th wheel prep, snow chief group and adaptive steering

I guess the train conductors like shipping trucks with those features more than mine. They're profiling or something.

G’Dave

Reaction score
THIS THIS THIS

Glad you have your truck, but this is what has me baffled. I ordered about six weeks before you and my truck was built a month before yours, but mine is stuck, whereas yours moved. I looked at your order. We both ordered a 2500, Laramie, Hemi, with offroad package.

I got short box, NE, Laramie Level B and power deployable running boards.

You got long box, 50 gal tank, 5th wheel prep, snow chief group and adaptive steering

I guess the train conductors like shipping trucks with those features more than mine. They're profiling or something.

Man, I'm sorry, this really sucks. The transport issue is certainly a huge dilemma.
I've seen an occasional post mentioning that the dealer was able to pick up themselves from the rail yard, but I don't recall which member(s) posted this, and what the likelihood is of making it happen. But I think its worth a discussion with your dealer.

Jfletcher73

Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry, this really sucks. The transport issue is certainly a huge dilemma.
I've seen an occasional post mentioning that the dealer was able to pick up themselves from the rail yard, but I don't recall which member(s) posted this, and what the likelihood is of making it happen. But I think its worth a discussion with your dealer.
This is a different situation. Stellantis is working with the holding lots on dealer pick up, (which is an issue) but the major problem is getting the trucks (in our case) on a rail car from the manufacturer.

G’Dave

Reaction score
This is a different situation. Stellantis is working with the holding lots on dealer pick up, (which is an issue) but the major problem is getting the trucks (in our case) on a rail car from the manufacturer.

Got it. I didn't realize things had got this bad. I'm late to the party... :rolleyes:

matemike

Reaction score
Oh I have discussed this once or twice with my dealer over the last 90 days of waiting in a storage lot.

One thing about that course if it happened is that it would not show as "shipped" in the ram info world. Therefore it could likely just show up at the dealer unannounced. So I have been keeping my fingers crossed that that might be happening off RADAR. Would be a nice surprise, I tell ya.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Same. Truck was built on March 5th, it was complete on March 8th and been waiting for a train to MD ever since.

What is going on?!? There's got to be something, because trucks built after ours are being shipped to the same dealer that I ordered from.

Something is up, not right, afoot. However you want to say it.
Have you talked to MD? The tracker kept saying mine was waiting on a train ride, I emailed Sandi and she said it was loaded and would be at port Allen in 10 days. After our conversation, later that evening, the tracker updated to shipped status

hvydee

Reaction score
My truck finally arrived! I ordered a 2022 Ram HD Bighorn 3500 on Feb 17th thru Gupton Motors and it arrived on May 18th at the dealership. Almost 3 mo. to the day. I wanted a stout pickup to use on weekends for hauling and to pull a toyhauler to various parks and events. The window sticker was $60,240 and I paid $52, 028 with their discount and affiliate pricing. It was worth the drive out of state to pick it up. I almost gave up but it finally showed.

Attachments

• IMG-5439.jpg
    IMG-5439.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-5449.jpg
    IMG-5449.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-5455.jpg
    IMG-5455.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG-5452.jpg
    IMG-5452.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 49

M376X6

Reaction score
A question, when does the site that gives the build sheet populate? Or rather what stage of the build process? From what the young salesman informed me is that my truck has been
in E stage for a couple of days. Still no update on the Ram Vehicle Order page though. He then was excited to know if I was coming down to order a new Hellcat and trade in the wife's
RT Durango for an SRT. I sure would love to get over this hurdle before I consider doing even anything. The build sheet address that I am referring to is https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
It sounds like there are some really special folks on here who can themselves check to see where an order might be, just in case: Sage VON 54901664 VIN 3C63RRRL8NG318897 Thanks

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My truck finally arrived! I ordered a 2022 Ram HD Bighorn 3500 on Feb 17th thru Gupton Motors and it arrived on May 18th at the dealership. Almost 3 mo. to the day. I wanted a stout pickup to use on weekends for hauling and to pull a toyhauler to various parks and events. The window sticker was $60,240 and I paid $52, 028 with their discount and affiliate pricing. It was worth the drive out of state to pick it up. I almost gave up but it finally showed.
Love those std cab longbow trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread