Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

watican

Reaction score
Mine is also delivered! But....damaged. Damage was noted when the driver picked it up from the train yard, UP yellow paint and scuffs down to the metal on the rear passenger corner of the bed and bumper.

Does anyone know how good paint matching can actually get? They are going to repaint the bedside up to the fender and blend it, is what they said.

Attachments

• Damage.jpg
    Damage.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 99

NightTrain

Reaction score
Mine is also delivered! But....damaged. Damage was noted when the driver picked it up from the train yard, UP yellow paint and scuffs down to the metal on the rear passenger corner of the bed and bumper.

Does anyone know how good paint matching can actually get? They are going to repaint the bedside up to the fender and blend it, is what they said.
If the painter is any good, you won't even see the difference. We paint bumpers/fenders on our trucks all the time and you can't tell in most cases.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
So, I got this text from my dealer yesterday. "I see your truck moving in my status page today! Yours is the first one I have ever seen to be shipped from Saltillo on truck instead of rail. It is headed to Laredo, TX yard instead of Alliance, TX where they usually go. From Laredo it will be loaded on another truck and headed to us. I'm guessing the unusual shipping method is a result of escalation to get it here faster. So glad to see it moving again!"

I'm happy to see it moving, I ordered on 11/12/21 and it's been built since late March, but it seems strange and maybe a bit riskier to ship by truck through Mexico. I'm just waiting to hear that the truck was involved in an accident and I'll have to start all over again!! Order tracker on website still shows "shipping stage" but Ram Chat says they are showing should be delivered by 6/7/22.
If they are local, in Texas, Swift transport will take them to Laredo

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Can someone check on my truck plz. According to Ram it’s not built yet. According to my dealer, it’s in paint!
3C63RRKL9NG270126

Thanks,
Dave…

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Can someone check on my truck plz. According to Ram it’s not built yet. According to my dealer, it’s in paint!
3C63RRKL9NG270126

Thanks,
Dave…
If it follows the way mine just did, it won't show built until its done with framing, paint, assembly, vendor (if applicable) and then QA.

Not saying I didn't check every 2 hours, but it took about 3 days to go from build stage / framing to "built" on the Ram Tracker

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
My first post here, though I've been hanging out for a while. Ordered 28 January, in production 23 May, vehicle built 27 May. Window sticker showed up on the VON link 30 May.

Yikes, Nightrain, 3 months to deliver! I guess I won't hold my breath .

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
Congratulations - what did you get?
3500 CC DRW with the 6.7 HO Aisin trans 4x4. Big horn, night edition, 5th wheel prep, bed utility group, 50 gallon tank, 4:10 ratio, and a ton of the other goodies. I can't wait. Only been a day and I'm like a kid at Christmas haha image is from the ram site when I did the build

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-124658~2.png
    Screenshot_20220528-124658~2.png
    740.1 KB · Views: 36

NightTrain

Reaction score
My first post here, though I've been hanging out for a while. Ordered 28 January, in production 23 May, vehicle built 27 May. Window sticker showed up on the VON link 30 May.

Yikes, Nightrain, 3 months to deliver! I guess I won't hold my breath .
Yeah, the wait from built to delivery was rough.

orlando bull

Reaction score
In production since 5/23... I really expected to get to "built" by today. Oh well, the wait continues... My estimated delivery slid from 7/1 to 7/3 sometime over the weekend, just noticed it today.

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Just got the call that mine is on its way to the dealer from the rail yard. Now I just have another 1.5 weeks to wait to take delivery. I was hoping they'd have it done Friday, but they won't and my schedule won't allow me to get it next week until Friday. At some point I'll get to stop waiting!!!

Skurtz036

Reaction score
Update from dealer today, eta to their lot between June 20-28th….it arrived to the last rail yard on May 13th and only has to go 40 minutes to dealers….kind of outrageous to me on that timeframe being that close.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I can get ya a number. I assume your gonna have to buy sensors for the camper that works with the system .. Do you have to buy them from the dealer or will any work that’s designed to be compatible? Theirs different options like a valve cap sensor or the whole valve stem that the sensor mounts to like the one in the picture. I’ve never worried to much about the tires heating up and gaining to much pressure but I always run a 14ply tire. These in the picture is what I put on last, they call for 110psi but I keep mine set on 100psi, have checked them hot and they may have gained to 105 .

@pacnw1963 downloaded the pic and quick web search yielded this - https://www.dillvalves.com/product_cpt/vs-65-rubber-valves-for-tpms/
its a Dill VS-65 @Leadchuncker can confirm.

I ordered the trailer TPMS, but according to @gator6 he is having problems because the sensors won’t fit his thicker aluminum rims on his 5th wheel…I am anticipating the same and was trying to get ahead of it before the truck gets here. Thanks for the help!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I ordered the trailer TPMS, but according to @gator6 he is having problems because the sensors won’t fit his thicker aluminum rims on his 5th wheel…I am anticipating the same and was trying to get ahead of it before the truck gets here. Thanks for the help!
I’ll get a part number for ya if needed or send some but I’m not sure if they’ll work. Any tire store should have them though, it’s a common thing

Users who are viewing this thread