Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CTow

Reaction score
What’s a “common thing” for boat trips? The dealer has absolutely NO IDEA where my truck is. They don’t know if it’s on the dock, on the boat or off the boat. Doesn’t anyone scan barcodes???
Most dealers are clueless mine said it’s going by rail when I asked him eta he sent me a picture showing it’s at port altMaria eta tbd 1652886612166.jpeg

OuterUB

Reaction score
Maybe I hadn't made my post extremely clear, sorry! What I meant to say is my sticker itself has changed, not my original order amount. My sticker when it populated showed the original 86,XXX price whereas it now shows 88,XXX. It was always my understanding that the prices for these trucks could and would change overnight, but it really threw me off seeing the price on the sticker itself.

It just seems odd that the sticker itself would change, especially after the truck has been built and invoiced, no? Or maybe I'm making this out to be more than it really is, and it's completely normal...

Here's my sticker as of 3/13:
View attachment 38001

And my sticker today:
View attachment 38002
That sucks.

Reaction score
Maybe I hadn't made my post extremely clear, sorry! What I meant to say is my sticker itself has changed, not my original order amount. My sticker when it populated showed the original 86,XXX price whereas it now shows 88,XXX. It was always my understanding that the prices for these trucks could and would change overnight, but it really threw me off seeing the price on the sticker itself.

It just seems odd that the sticker itself would change, especially after the truck has been built and invoiced, no? Or maybe I'm making this out to be more than it really is, and it's completely normal...

Here's my sticker as of 3/13:
View attachment 38001

And my sticker today:
View attachment 38002
mine stickers did the same thing, and when my truck was delivered with my name on the window sticker it was even more. The dealer did NOT raise my price due to the increases. I paid the order price when I placed the order. Just goes to show how much these are starting to cost!

SaylessRam

Reaction score
That sucks.
Aren't you just a ray of sunshine...

mine stickers did the same thing, and when my truck was delivered with my name on the window sticker it was even more. The dealer did NOT raise my price due to the increases. I paid the order price when I placed the order. Just goes to show how much these are starting to cost!
Super weird, now I'm wondering what my physical sticker will read and if they accounted for the delays or inflation haha.

monsuoon

Reaction score
I've tried to find it to confirm, but I've heard the 250-mile free delivery means they will drive your car to you. If true, I'd rather just go to Lake Charles and take a driving vacation back home.
I had mine delivered from MD to Baton Rouge and yes, an employee drives the truck.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, which areas of the US have their trucks delivered by boat rather than the train?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just called Ram Customer Service and spoke with the woman who’s probably working from home and hasn’t changed her smoke detector battery in months. Anyone ever speak with her? Lol

Anyway, she FINALLY gave me some great news! My truck is on the way to the dealership via truck from the Port of Davisville & should be there by May 24th!

With regard to shipping, what a freakin’ half-ass process. Still worth waiting for over the other brands though. I’ve owned them ALL and have to say that the Ram / Cummins combo is “by far” the best! This will be my 4th Ram / 3rd Ram DRW.

As far as the price increase goes with the sticker, thanks to this website I now know that when the dealer cries that they are taking a loss on the truck - that’s BS because the price was locked at the time of order.

NightTrain

Reaction score
3/15 originally going by train then sent to port
Your salesman should have an estimated ship date from Altamira. Mine did, I found out it was wrong and ended up shipping 2 weeks earlier, but your salesman should have something to give you. In any event, you can use this link to look at the ships coming in/out of Altamira - you want to sort by RORO... https://www.atpaltamira.com.mx/en/servicio-a-clientes/itinerario-de-buques/, then use this link for ship arrivals in Davisville... https://noradinc.com/davisville-berthing-schedule/. You have a couple ships coming up soon but The Horizon HIghway is next due into Altamira going directly to Davisville - looks like it's running a day or 2 behind. Probably won't reach Davisville until the 28th or 29th. You can use this website to track ship locations.... https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4 just use the search bar and type in the ship name.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I really think you need a new dealer. They update the website. I have a feeling that your dealer is projecting a 3k increase by the time the truck is built and going to pocket that money.
That is not entirely accurate. When I ordered in Jan, there were 2 price increases that were not reflected on the website. This came from both granger and mark dodge. Both of their POCs matched each other while the website was lagging. If one wanted to check, get the POC from your dealer and have MD or Grainger quote it.

CTow

Reaction score
Your salesman should have an estimated ship date from Altamira. Mine did, I found out it was wrong and ended up shipping 2 weeks earlier, but your salesman should have something to give you. In any event, you can use this link to look at the ships coming in/out of Altamira - you want to sort by RORO... https://www.atpaltamira.com.mx/en/servicio-a-clientes/itinerario-de-buques/, then use this link for ship arrivals in Davisville... https://noradinc.com/davisville-berthing-schedule/. You have a couple ships coming up soon but The Horizon HIghway is next due into Altamira going directly to Davisville - looks like it's running a day or 2 behind. Probably won't reach Davisville until the 28th or 29th. You can use this website to track ship locations.... https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4 just use the search bar and type in the ship name.
Thanks I’ve been watching these sites
My sales man gave me the wrong vin first then he said it’s on a train so he is useless I’m just sitting back have a beer and pray it gets here soon I lost a deposit on my first camping trip and I would hate to have to rent a truck for two weeks and 2k of driving when the dealer said I should have it no later than April

Illymost

Reaction score
So last week RamChat told me it’s in transit. Today, over the phone, RAM told me it was preparing for shipment. So I got on RamChat and they said,” shipment stage”. Is this all KZ? Or are they as confused as me?

Blanco Tom

Reaction score
3C63RRKLXNG278672
Well possibly good news. Supposedly my truck is at the border “getting cleared” and then on to Kirby ( Texas) then to dealer in San Antonio. I’ll believe it when I see it. This info came from dealer so who knows??

Users who are viewing this thread