Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

desertskier

Reaction score
I was wondering if MD could / would do that. If you don’t mind me asking, what was the fee for the coating ? I was planning on having mine done after they deliver but I’d be willing to let them handle it..
$700. They sub it out to an ex employee or maybe he is the husband of an ex employee. He did a nice job. Paint looked perfect.

G rams

Reaction score
When did you order
Dec 18, 2021.

If you want to open the can of worms:
I ordered a Laramie NE through a tiny local dealer on Oct 10th, 2021. Three weeks later they admitted that CMG was not accepting orders for NE. Waste of my time.
I got online, found places in Houston with Laramie NE, available. But when I called or visited the dealer they were sold. I realized the hard way that the internet is crap when it comes to what you see online “for sale.”

Via ramtrucks forum I found MD. I called them and was told the same: that Laramies were not available to order with NE. So I bit the bullet and ordered a Limited NE on Nov 12, 2021.
Come to find out; on Dec 9, 2021, Laramies were available again with NE. So I cancelled the Nov Limited order and made a new order for a Laramie on Dec 18, 2021. My truck got built on March 5th

Yet, here I am now. Not mad at the initial process of ordering or even the middle process of seeing my truck get built. It is the shipping that has me bogged down and it is downright horrible in every way. Something has got to give down there in Mexico! Ship it out already!

I fell like chanting the lyrics to the George Strait song “Blame it on Mexico!”
Lol… so frustrating. Sorry you went through all that. At least yours is built. Ordered September 13 2021… just went into D status May 10. It is a Canadian order. I wish you the best of luck in getting yours shipped asap.

NightTrain

Reaction score
I simply cannot believe that( in the 21st Century) my Ram dealer has absolutely NO IDEA where my truck is! I ordered it on Dec. 28th, it was built in Mexico on Feb. 17th and (according to them) is “somewhere” in the delivery process!!!

As a welder with NO high-tech software I can tell you everything from how much fuel is currently in my engine driven machine to roughly how many pounds of welding rods I have in inventory, etc…

My new truck showed that it was at the port in Mexico for shipment prior to May 5th. Thanks to insight from Forum members, it’s “assumed” that my truck was shipped to the Port of Davisville with an arrival on (or around) May 14th. However, my dealer STILL has no idea where my truck is & blames this fact on a “cyber attack!”

UNREAL, to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m in a similar spot. My truck was ready to ship on 3/1, still at port in Altamira but due out this week heading to Davisville. My dealer told me once it gets received in Davisville they can see it.

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
$700 CarPro certified installer, no warranty unless you can easily visit the installer. I turned it down because I can get it local for just a tad more and more importantly can go back if I have an issue.

MD was very easy to deal with as far as picking me up from the airport in Lafayette and driving the hour and a half back to the dealer.
I was thinking about the ceramic coat as well. The cheapest the 2 local shops will do the coating for is $950 with a 4 yr warranty. Ofcourse I won't be driving all the way back to MD to get my ceramic coat checked/repaired so it comes down to getting it done cheaper or pay more locally & have the ability to get it repaired if necessary.
I could still use the local shop to take care of anything that needs fixin, just have to pay for it each time.

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
I feel like a baby at ‘only’ 97 days from order & Not built yet. Mine is ‘suppose’ to be built on 5/31. If the Ram Gods are listening to me, I’m hoping it’s built on 5/31!
VIN #3C63RRKL9NG270126

Longhorn Limited, 3500 Dually, HO & just about every option, including sunroof.

Dave…

Reaction score
I was wondering if MD could / would do that. If you don’t mind me asking, what was the fee for the coating ? I was planning on having mine done after they deliver but I’d be willing to let them handle it..
I paid $700 for the ceramic coating thru MD on 5/7/22. The guy they use uses carpro product cquartz ceramic coating.

Sancroix

Reaction score
They will deliver for free within 250 miles, and if I remember right (which at my age I can’t remember what I had for breakfast), @gator6 said he paid $700
I've tried to find it to confirm, but I've heard the 250-mile free delivery means they will drive your car to you. If true, I'd rather just go to Lake Charles and take a driving vacation back home.

arx237

Reaction score
I've tried to find it to confirm, but I've heard the 250-mile free delivery means they will drive your car to you. If true, I'd rather just go to Lake Charles and take a driving vacation back home.
I would ask them to confirm personally for you . Last week when I went to get mine the 250 miles is either free delivery of the truck to where you are or free pickup of you and delivery to the dealership.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
1652870253528.png

From their web page...

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Unrelated to shipping delays, but has anyone else noticed their window sticker price increased? I went to show mine to a friend last night and it's now reading $88,420, whereas it was originally $86,225 when it was first released. Anyone have a similar experience or just me? Dealer offered to keep my price locked so it's not the end of the world for me, I'm just curious why the random change.

Sstiller

Reaction score
Unrelated to shipping delays, but has anyone else noticed their window sticker price increased? I went to show mine to a friend last night and it's now reading $88,420, whereas it was originally $86,225 when it was first released. Anyone have a similar experience or just me? Dealer offered to keep my price locked so it's not the end of the world for me, I'm just curious why the random change.
Mine has gone up about 4k also but like you said mine is currently locked which is currently one of the reasons I have chose to wait it out

Tannercox14

Reaction score
When I ordered mine on the ram’s website it was 3K cheaper the dealer said that they raised there price but don’t change there website as often

hunterjoe

Reaction score
When I ordered mine on the ram’s website it was 3K cheaper the dealer said that they raised there price but don’t change there website as often
I really think you need a new dealer. They update the website. I have a feeling that your dealer is projecting a 3k increase by the time the truck is built and going to pocket that money.

owdiss78

Reaction score

When dealer orders a sold order they are invoiced same as it was when you ordered. yes window sticker will show the increase but dealer is not paying the extra mark up. I just got my ordered truck 3 weeks ago and if it wasn’t for some members on here I feel the dealer may have tried to charge me the extra $3700 mine had gone up. I had all info from one of the insiders who sent me the info to show the dealer if they tried to pull that crap. The day it came in I reminded them that the window sticker is showing the increase but they were not charged that and I will only do the deal for price the day I signed the poc day I ordered. They also told me after I told them what info I had that all sold orders are auto price protected the day order is placed. So your dealer is trying to just profit that much more and not being strait forward with you id walk and order else where.

IowaPW

Reaction score
I think what he's saying is...the website prices are lagging a bit. And, that when he went to order, the price at the dealer (and on the POC) was higher.

I have seen this. The website prices are a bit behind.

But, yes...once you order, your price is protected.

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
Lol… so frustrating. Sorry you went through all that. At least yours is built. Ordered September 13 2021… just went into D status May 10. It is a Canadian order. I wish you the best of luck in getting yours shipped asap.
Thank you sir. May your well wishes please help me along.

I got an email from ramchat this morning. Hoping for some info at minimum. Wasn’t even that. It was a survey. They don’t want me to take a survey right now.

Sstiller

Reaction score
So dealer told me my truck would be built this month (Idk how he know this but hard to believe from what ive seen here) then he says youll have it next month (again not buying). Everytime I have him check still rocking D statues. So I like to fish on ram chat to see what info (if any) I can get. I feel like they are finding new ways to say D statues. There answer is below when I asked for an update.

"Your order is being scheduled for production."

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Maybe I hadn't made my post extremely clear, sorry! What I meant to say is my sticker itself has changed, not my original order amount. My sticker when it populated showed the original 86,XXX price whereas it now shows 88,XXX. It was always my understanding that the prices for these trucks could and would change overnight, but it really threw me off seeing the price on the sticker itself.

It just seems odd that the sticker itself would change, especially after the truck has been built and invoiced, no? Or maybe I'm making this out to be more than it really is, and it's completely normal...

Here's my sticker as of 3/13:
1652886501288.png

And my sticker today:
1652886528156.png

Users who are viewing this thread