Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

IowaPW

Reaction score
Ram chat just told me mine had been delivered to MD. I guess the tracking system is back up. I wonder how long it takes for them to process it and notify the buyer? Sounds like they got a lot of trucks in at once.
All Ram Chat would need to see is a status change to KZX. That indicates arrival at the dealer. The other tracking could still be down.

drodegeb

Reaction score
I just hit up RAMChat again to see if they could get an updated status and they told me the tracking system is still down. They have me the same answer I've gotten for a week now.

>>
Thank you for waiting. Your vehicle is shipping and we do not currently have an ETA for when it will arrive at the dealer, please keep in contact with your dealer.
>>

I then asked if it is sitting at the factory waiting to be shipped, or if it is possible that it's already on the way and they told me this:

>>
I can only see that the vehicle is in the shipping stage which means it is either about to be sent out of the factory or has alr4eady left the factory. Sadly, we cannot track the location of a vehicle during the shipping stage. I am really sorry about this inconvenience.
>>

So - apparently it could be on it's way or not.. So - I won't know for sure until either the truck arrives, or the tracking system comes back online.. Is there anybody on here that could get a better status? The dealer pulled it up yesterday and it still showed KZLD, but I thought I heard that somebody else on here got the same status from their dealer even though it had arrived.

arx237

Reaction score
Ram chat just told me mine had been delivered to MD. I guess the tracking system is back up. I wonder how long it takes for them to process it and notify the buyer? Sounds like they got a lot of trucks in at once.
Just did this, I was contacted by sales manager on same day (truck arrived at 0530 and got a call from them by noon), passed to finance and had it pretty much done on day three. longest part was waiting for the bank to recieve the request for funding from MD. Now just waiting to get down there. Super painless.

desertskier

Reaction score
I just hit up RAMChat again to see if they could get an updated status and they told me the tracking system is still down. They have me the same answer I've gotten for a week now.

>>
Thank you for waiting. Your vehicle is shipping and we do not currently have an ETA for when it will arrive at the dealer, please keep in contact with your dealer.
>>

I then asked if it is sitting at the factory waiting to be shipped, or if it is possible that it's already on the way and they told me this:

>>
I can only see that the vehicle is in the shipping stage which means it is either about to be sent out of the factory or has alr4eady left the factory. Sadly, we cannot track the location of a vehicle during the shipping stage. I am really sorry about this inconvenience.
>>

So - apparently it could be on it's way or not.. So - I won't know for sure until either the truck arrives, or the tracking system comes back online.. Is there anybody on here that could get a better status? The dealer pulled it up yesterday and it still showed KZLD, but I thought I heard that somebody else on here got the same status from their dealer even though it had arrived.
Mine was in the "shipping stage" for about a month waiting for a train. Then it went to "in the shipping stage with a dealer ETA". Then when the system went down it went back to "in the shipping stage with no ETA". Today it showed up at the dealer.

IowaPW

Reaction score

>>
>>

>>
>>

The way I understand it is that KZLD is that the vehicle is still in the rail yard, not yet assigned to a car. Once it gets assigned and loaded onto a car, you will go KZM. You could still be at the rail yard as the jockey cars to hook up to a train. From the factory perspective, both are considered "shipping" stage as they have released it. Your dealers should still be able to see it go KZM. But, their system may be down that shows the rail car number.

gator6

Reaction score
The way Renea at MD explained it to me (and it seems to be correct from the past 6 months stalking this forum), is the "ship date" you get when you go D1 is the date it ships to the next stage of the process (which in this case is the build date). And it can, and probably will, change. My original ship date was 5/2, but she texted me 2 weeks ago to tell me it had slipped to 5/15. I figure if I'm lucky, 2 weeks for build and outside vendors, 2 weeks tanning in the Mexican sun waiting on a train, 10 days to Port Allen, 2 weeks basting in the Louisiana humidity, then finally to MD. That should put it home around 7/15...if I'm extremely lucky! But eventually my white, wide-hipped girl will make it home

I want to say mine and [mention]P.A. [/mention] trucks left Saltillo around 3/23 and made it to Port Allen on 4/1. My truck was completed on 3/4 and put into JS on 3/5 along with [mention]matemike [/mention]. For some reason, my truck was released KZ on the 23rd while Mike’s got stuck in purgatory.

Now there has been a huge delay in shipping since mine got its ticket, but if your on a car that’s moving to Port Allen, you should bet on a week. As for sitting at the rail yard, I just played it patiently for about a week, reached out to Aaron and told him I was running short on time. MD is very military friendly, Aaron made a couple phone calls, and my truck showed up about a week later. I’ve said before that could be coincidental, but it worked out.

From Saltillo to delivery at MD was 3/23 - 4/12, about three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.A.

Reaction score
Well we finally made it to Lake Charles to pick our truck up. They wound up holding it for us for about 3 weeks. Then we get home and had/having severe storms so it didn't get cleaned up until today.

Everyone at Mark Dodge was great! Truck wasn't clean but I understand with all the pollen this time of year.

Anyways..happy with it. Little rougher ride than our F150 but we knew that going in.

Meet "Gram"..get it..a grey RAM.
May just call him "Big G"

Not a lot of frills but didn't want them or the price tag. Just a 2500 Hemi, BH, 4x4. Still have to get windows tinted and want to add the wheel well liners and maybe seat covers. Already added after market steps and a tonneau cover. Now to find my 5th wheel.

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this thread. So very helpful. Good luck to all and safe travels.

Ordered 1/19/22
At dealership 4/8/22

Attachments

• 20220503_122317.jpg
    20220503_122317.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220503_122300.jpg
    20220503_122300.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 81

nightperson

Reaction score
I have had pretty poor communication from MD and its pretty disappointing esp since others have such great communication. Im always asking vs being told- i usually bug ram chat and then ask renee for the update then it takes a couple days for any response. Ive asked why trucked built after mine have been delivered and mine is till not there and crickets. Pretty frustrating.

P.A.

Reaction score
I want to say mine and [mention]P.A. [/mention] trucks left Saltillo around 3/23 and made it to Port Allen on 4/1. My truck was completed on 3/4 and put into JS on 3/5 along with [mention]matemike [/mention]. For some reason, my truck was released KZ on the 23rd while Mike’s got stuck in purgatory.

Now there has been a huge delay in shipping since mine got its ticket, but if your on a car that’s moving to Port Allen, you should bet on a week. As for sitting at the rail yard, I just played it patiently for about a week, reached out to Aaron and told him I was running short on time. MD is very military friendly, Aaron made a couple phone calls, and my truck showed up about a week later. I’ve said before that could be coincidental, but it worked out.

From Saltillo to delivery at MD was 3/23 - 4/12, about three weeks.

Mine actually arrived at MD on 4/8 and all my paper work done, money exchanged, signed by 4/12 but didn't pick up til 4/26

nightperson

Reaction score
That is the eternal question no dealer nor anyone here appears able to answer.
Looking at the spread sheet they ship in pretty much build order- now they are not building by order date- regardless some sort of communication would be nice

Lowbagg

Reaction score
So please keep us updated on your shipping saga. Have you finalized the process? And definitely need to see pictures of the actual delivery.
I’m still keeping this option open but I haven’t heard of many people using this option. I’m 1550 miles to Long Island, NY and still torn.
Hoping it’s a good experience for you
Kody at MD took care of getting the shipper lined up. Truck left MD today and will be at my door on Thursday. I will pay $1,000 for the shipping. The truck has survived rail yards, and truck shipping already so I'm not too concerned about one more truck ride. Plus, I can watch it (location) the entire time on the RAM app that you get.

Robmccown

Reaction score
Well we finally made it to Lake Charles to pick our truck up. They wound up holding it for us for about 3 weeks. Then we get home and had/having severe storms so it didn't get cleaned up until today.

Everyone at Mark Dodge was great! Truck wasn't clean but I understand with all the pollen this time of year.

Anyways..happy with it. Little rougher ride than our F150 but we knew that going in.

Meet "Gram"..get it..a grey RAM.
May just call him "Big G"

Not a lot of frills but didn't want them or the price tag. Just a 2500 Hemi, BH, 4x4. Still have to get windows tinted and want to add the wheel well liners and maybe seat covers. Already added after market steps and a tonneau cover. Now to find my 5th wheel.

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this thread. So very helpful. Good luck to all and safe travels.

Ordered 1/19/22
At dealership 4/8/22
I’m line 1041 on spread sheet, one column said D1 4-3 now it has changed to D1 5-1. Anybody know exactly what’s that means? Is my build speeding up?

keggman12

Reaction score
198d8d6ba2ced4df7fef007d33feecf1.jpg

It was KZM last week and KZT Friday, got it today! Thanks everyone here, like folks have said it’s worth the wait!!

IowaPW

Reaction score
I’m line 1041 on spread sheet, one column said D1 4-3 now it has changed to D1 5-1. Anybody know exactly what’s that means? Is my build speeding up?
You commented in this thread on Sunday that you were still D1. ODS took that information as the latest status you had an updated that column.

Users who are viewing this thread