Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jerrypw

Reaction score
What's the best way to track shipping, currently sitting KZT. Dealer and Ram chat are no help.
3C6UR5DJ0NG290936
I would also like the answer to that question. As i am in the same spot, or is it the same train, car, boat, truck?

IowaPW

Reaction score
What's the best way to track shipping, currently sitting KZT. Dealer and Ram chat are no help.
3C6UR5DJ0NG290936

I would also like the answer to that question. As i am in the same spot, or is it the same train, car, boat, truck?
If you are KZT, you are in at least on the second rail leg...could be farther than that. If you can get a rail car number from the dealer (may be tough if that part of their tracking system is down), you can call one or more of the rail car numbers to potentially get location. If it's been offloaded, you will need to get the transport company info from your dealer. Even if the tracking system is down, they may know which company will be delivering your truck. The dealer can reach out to the transport company to get an ETA based on scheduled loads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-142917_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-142917_Chrome.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 44

Stacie S.

Reaction score
Paperwork signed, now I just have to get the shipping figured out. Here are some photos sent to me from MD.

View attachment 36995
Hubby's 2500 will be the same color with the night edition as well...just not the diesel (he can't stand diesels, mainly because he can't work on them and he likes to do the majority of his own mechanical work). Hoping his will be in soon (got window sticker on Monday and build sheet last week).

Stacie S.

Reaction score
This! Almost ran out of gas short of Iraan because I failed to realize it takes 90% of your trip time just to get through TX its so damn big.
Seeing that sign showing how far El Paso is when you cross the state line into Orange, Texas, on I-10 is very daunting. When we had to drive to Deming, New Mexico, from just outside of Baton Rouge to pick up my stepson, I thought we would never get out of Texas (saw my very first dust devil and tumbleweed, though).

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out to Bill Luke in Phoenix, AZ. If anyone is looking for a good dealership I highly recommend them. This is my second truck from Bill Luke but first one I've ordered. I got quotes from multiple other dealers in the area and Bill Luke was over $8,300 cheaper out the door. My salesman was Sam and he was great. He texted me every Monday to update me on my truck's status, even if the status hadn't changed since the previous week. So like I said, if you're looking for a dealer check out Bill Luke.

Randy1021

Reaction score
My sales person told me this morning my status is KZLD, she said that is "Shipping Status with Delay". Looking on the status code sheet on here it says "Departing Mixing Yard". Anyone know what a "mixing yard" is? She also told me that it would go to the Alliance, TX shipping yard by train from Saltillo where it would then transfer to truck for the final delivery to Oklahoma. She said that there had been a week of no movement in or out of Alliance yard while everything was inspected for hail damage from the last bath of thunderstorms, so it had created a backlog.

IowaPW

Reaction score
My sales person told me this morning my status is KZLD, she said that is "Shipping Status with Delay". Looking on the status code sheet on here it says "Departing Mixing Yard". Anyone know what a "mixing yard" is? She also told me that it would go to the Alliance, TX shipping yard by train from Saltillo where it would then transfer to truck for the final delivery to Oklahoma. She said that there had been a week of no movement in or out of Alliance yard while everything was inspected for hail damage from the last bath of thunderstorms, so it had created a backlog.
The mixing yard is where they gather all the trucks up to load them on the correct rail cars.

AGar15

Reaction score
If I placed an order on 4/12 for a Limted HO 3500, after seeing all the deals people have gotten from MD. Would it be worth cancelling the order from my local dealership and going through MD. Mine charged me MSRP + tax, title, & license. Any thoughts or input from those who cancelled an order, or those who ordered from MD? Were you paying less than MSRP and how much less?

QuattroCS

Reaction score
If I placed an order on 4/12 for a Limted HO 3500, after seeing all the deals people have gotten from MD. Would it be worth cancelling the order from my local dealership and going through MD. Mine charged me MSRP + tax, title, & license. Any thoughts or input from those who cancelled an order, or those who ordered from MD? Were you paying less than MSRP and how much less?
Whats the worst that could happen you save some money.

i thought i was too late and i even gave my original dealer the opportunity to do something on the price, they said they would not, refunded my deposit. I'm wrapping up my order with the "new" dealer. So far I'm happy with the results.

Reaction score
Not sure where you're located but I got $1k below invoice price at Bill Luke in Phoenix, AZ. That ended up being about $7,700 less than MSRP...not including doc fee, tax, and license.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
My paperwork is $10,400 under MSRP..not including doc fee, tax, and license.

original dealer was doing MSRP only, no discounts.

Def shop around

JustinSane

Reaction score
Heard from my dealer today. My ship date was 4/27 and now pushed back to 6/4 . So maybe will be in mid July. If not I’ll cancel and order a 2023.

gator6

Reaction score
Took the opportunity…

a31d15a20522fc8c569bb6ab6b2ea5e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGar15

Reaction score
Not sure where you're located but I got $1k below invoice price at Bill Luke in Phoenix, AZ. That ended up being about $7,700 less than MSRP...not including doc fee, tax, and license.
Do you have the contact info of the sales person you talked to there? that’s way closer than MD I’m located in Southern California

USNavyEOD

Reaction score
I canceled (2/4/2022) my Limited HO 3500 SRW order (11/17/2021) at the local dealer here in VA and ordered from MD (2/3/2022). I am saving several thousand $ even flying to LA and driving it home 1.2k miles. Since you aren't that far from your original order date, I would recommend reaching out to MD for a quote and running the math from there.

Keep_it_fair

Reaction score
Do you have the contact info of the sales person you talked to there? that’s way closer than MD I’m located in Southern California
I curious who u order from? I'm in Southern California also. My dealer has been horrible on telling me anything. I never heard from them after I placed the order. I always had to call Ram Chat for info about my order. My next order will be with MD. That seems to be the place. Only I found out too late.

AGar15

Reaction score
I curious who u order from? I'm in Southern California also. My dealer has been horrible on telling me anything. I never heard from them after I placed the order. I always had to call Ram Chat for info about my order. My next order will be with MD. That seems to be the place. Only I found out too late.
I ordered from Browning dodge in Norco. They gave me my VIN about a week after ordering and nothing yet. Which I don’t expect as it’s only been 3 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread