Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reaction score
mine is a canadian order, i ordered august 30th , i didnt get a vin until mine went into D then when i got a vin i also got a build date
Since yours is a Canadian order as mine will be soon, Can you provide breakdown of your experience so I can know what to expect?

gator6

Reaction score
I never doubted you. I think you meant your reply for someone else. The NE is just too bitchen for a dude to say ‘fad’. Especially a dude like you.
I ordered the NE as well. But I did Patriot Blue. After seeing that all black one I had second thoughts for a second but remembered Tolym’s truck and my second thoughts vanished.
You know, it’s the Ram trucks that are just seriously awesome. Doesn’t matter the color. They all look great. Ram! They really hit their truck styles out of the park. I can’t believe ford and Chevy still sell trucks compared to Ram. Actually I like the look of the ford, I just want my truck to run so went with the Ram. Like the Cummins too. Just a weeee bit.
I was going to suggest to the wife that when I build our next house I can combine the master bedroom with the garage but I know I’ll lose that argument. Women just don’t seem to understand.

You know that Shark fin antenna is a bit large though. They coulda done that a bit better.

Yeah, my post was meant for someone else. My family was all about Ford in the 90s, and I tried to follow suit when I joined. I couldn’t get what I wanted and had to settle while building credit. A buddy of mine working for GMC had an ‘02 Hemi on the lot and told me the owner was NOT a fan of Dodge, but loved the military and wanted that truck gone…that’s how I fell into the Ram line back in ‘04, and haven’t bought anything else.

I’ve seen pics of some shops that have a house attached to them in the front, those are so cool, but the wife would never go for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Since yours is a Canadian order as mine will be soon, Can you provide breakdown of your experience so I can know what to expect?
my dealer has been fantastic with updates , i ordered august 30th, went into D on october 18th , i received a vin on the 18th as well and then i got a build date and a ship date of december 13th and ship on the 14th , it actually got built on december 14/15th and shipped on the 16th and put on a rail car on the 21st of december , the guys on here have been super helpful and willing to help you get status updates as well as and changes in the info

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Sandblasting and rock chips are the reason I avoid the Interstate when I can. It's also the reason for my preference for chrome bumpers instead of painted bumpers.
I like the look of painted better, but I’ve had painted ones on my 2015 limited since new, and it has been a PAIN to keep them looking decent. Front bumper has been wrapped 3X and repainted once, rear has been repainted once and wrapped once. Even now there’s some stuff that’s gotten through the PPF and scratched the front bumper and I can see some rust starting again. Drives me crazy. Chrome ones coming on mine…

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I like the look of painted better, but I’ve had painted ones on my 2015 limited since new, and it has been a PAIN to keep them looking decent. Front bumper has been wrapped 3X and repainted once, rear has been repainted once and wrapped once. Even now there’s some stuff that’s gotten through the PPF and scratched the front bumper and I can see some rust starting again. Drives me crazy. Chrome ones coming on mine…
I think the chroming process isn’t as good nowadays either and they start showing little rust spots. Not sure how Ram is doing theirs.
But bumpers take sooo much abuse anyway and are super practical for me with winch and lighting that I do after market bumpers immediately. So I’ll remove mine and either wrap the crap out of them and store them or I’ll just sell them now.
I’ve ordered Road Armor Stealth bumpers front and rear and they’re getting delivered this week.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I think the chroming process isn’t as good nowadays either and they start showing little rust spots. Not sure how Ram is doing theirs.
But bumpers take sooo much abuse anyway and are super practical for me with winch and lighting that I do after market bumpers immediately. So I’ll remove mine and either wrap the crap out of them and store them or I’ll just sell them now.
I’ve ordered Road Armor Stealth bumpers front and rear and they’re getting delivered this week.
The bumpers today are a joke compared to the 60's and 70's!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth! I use to get things chrome plated when I lived in San Benito, TX back in the 70's The chrome was so thick it added several pounds to things like bumpers....... They say things start on the West Coast and move East, but don't believe it! I say things start in MX and come North....

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I have a powder coat guy I work with a lot when I build custom metal railings… I figure if the chrome ones bother me or start to have issues I’ll have him coat them to match the truck as close as he can get. Will probably cost me a couple hundred. I would have had him to do my painted ones, but the paint would have to completely come off, and white is super hard to match. I don’t like the way the couple of white colors he had looked. If we can’t get a grey close enough to the granite, black might work just as well.

Scvette

Reaction score
I like that fad. Hoping mine gets to the dealer this coming week. I have a Carli 2.5” leveling kit and 37” tires mounted on fuel blitz 20” wheels sitting in my garage waiting for the truck to show up.

Last edited:

ACEd

Reaction score
Environmental issues have significantly impacted chroming as well as painting industry. Used to be able to get a bumper rechromed easy - now cant find anyone who can do it and if you do its miles and $$$ away.

ACEd

Reaction score
I have a powder coat guy I work with a lot when I build custom metal railings… I figure if the chrome ones bother me or start to have issues I’ll have him coat them to match the truck as close as he can get. Will probably cost me a couple hundred. I would have had him to do my painted ones, but the paint would have to completely come off, and white is super hard to match. I don’t like the way the couple of white colors he had looked. If we can’t get a grey close enough to the granite, black might work just as well.
Can you powder coat over Chrome? I thought it would bot stick.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth! I use to get things chrome plated when I lived in San Benito, TX back in the 70's The chrome was so thick it added several pounds to things like bumpers....... They say things start on the West Coast and move East, but don't believe it! I say things start in MX and come North....
The metal was a lot thicker too!

Enve46

Reaction score
Never updated this site cause I got really frustrated with my whole experience but for tracking purposes, here’s what went down…

I ordered mine 7/20, big horn, night edition, mega, diesel with tech and level b. Went to D, D1 back to D then back to D1 and sat. November I went to my dealer who called whoever he could, I’m assuming area rep? They basically said they can have it built if I removed some options, said hell no. Almost bought a Limited Mega off the lot but walked away pretty pissed. Buddy of mine picked up a TRX and once I saw how big the 5th Gen cab was, I decided to start looking. Koons offfered $10k under sticker, 11/20 placed my order. That Monday, received email the 2500 was built. At this point, I said well, I’ll take delivery of 2500 and possibly trade in on TRX or keep the 2500 and flip the TRX for profit. Well, the 2500 arrived with a big scratch on drivers door which they notified me via pictures. As you can imagine, I was really annoyed. So after cooling off a day I drove down to the dealer to inspect it myself. There were scratches everywhere, both side of the ram boxes had hairline scratches, one of the tow hooks had damage, just overall ****. I left without saying a word to anyone. The dealer called me and asked if I wanted it, which I agreed to MSRP knowing I could get better deal elsewhere. I told them 74,500 isn’t going to work. Being a former Detailer I knew it was going to take a good 2-3k just to get right, I told them $70k or they can keep it. That’s the last I heard from the dealer and won’t be taking delivery.

The good news, my TRX which was ordered 11/20 is already built and awaiting accessory’s to be installed then will be at the dealer. Sucks, cause I really wanted what I built and while I don’t need a diesel or what the 2500 is capable of, it’s probably more practical than the TRX. But, the TRX is more fitting for me, so will see how this plays out. Financially I’ll be in a better position given the TRX market. So, that’s my story…

ABigBearRam

Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks to this forum I have my dream truck. I was going to settle for used and higher mileage that I liked before getting Mark Dodge’s pricing. My local Southern California Ram dealer contact whom I have purchased numerous fleet and personal Rams from would not budge from MSRP and would only do MSRP if I special ordered.

Special thanks to OfficerDirtySanchez for all his work on the tracking sheet, it was extremely valuable to me, my hats off to you sir! And BRV10, your updates once the truck had shipped were super helpful in my planning my flight to Louisiana.

3500 Laramie HO Cummins Crew Dually 4x4
Dealer: Mark Dodge
Ordered: 7/30/21
D1: 10/28
Equipment Listing: 11/16
Estimated Build Date: 11/17
Window Sticker11/21
Dealer ETA: 12/7-12/24
Arrived At Dealer: 12/8/21
Picked Up: 12/24/21

Just under 19 weeks from order date to arriving at the dealer.

I feel for all you early orders who still have not taken delivery, the wait is worth it! I waited almost exactly 2 weeks to pick my truck up from the dealer that was probably the hardest wait of all knowing that it was sitting there waiting for me and I had already paid for it!

The stock wheels and tires were not even on for 24 hours, I drove straight to Baton Rouge to get wheels tires and leveled. I had intentionally stalled my trip to pick the truck up so that I could surprise my daughter who was going to be alone in Austin, Texas for Christmas. I love this truck but I was looking forward to seeing her more than anything. This has been her dream truck for years and is on her vision board still so of course I had to let her drive it (I need to order my AMP steps ASAP as all 4’11” of her has a hard time climbing in). 1,000 miles on her already and no major complaints yet. The 12” screen has glitched a few times but when you consider what it is and that my brand new iPhone has had glitches as well you can take it with a grain of salt.

We even got to take it on the track at the Circuit of the Americas track in Austin Texas on Christmas Day for their Christmas light event. We didn’t get above 60 miles an hour but it was still pretty awesome taking the big dually for a lap around the race track!

I had my mind made up on a pearl white with the night edition until I saw the chrome on the !Laramie next one in person. Call me old school but the chrome and the semi wheels still does it for me.

And before the mirror comments start I have always run with the moose ears out beginning with my very first 2003 3500 Dually………. I’ve heard all the ghost trailer comments and I really don’t care how they look when they are out, you can just plain see better with them up and that’s all that matters to me!

Sorry for the long post. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

b2aa1001d59413d275b08319ca5a0999.jpg

e41eb655c93dfd80a758bd43bfa069f9.jpeg

1a8aa8c3d3abdc6ec00c4b6880567a40.jpeg

6e6184b9737105856cb4705b7fd762cc.png

9fd1111bfeeba3223466ae7620b3715d.jpeg

4786f3eeb101033e33b05338a5e670f4.jpeg

2de1c5fea4215f517d99dac9c5bc8c10.jpeg

55dcc5c3fa3a0364b604260ae270684b.jpeg

5af6850cb9105b3f41d544fac007adc0.jpg

a9a071aa211d25c3225f384267c2eec5.jpg

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
Well I F'ed up.. I thought I ordered a truck with the 360 cameras. I guess I didn't. Also my back up camera harness doesn't work. They have a new one on order but for the time being I have no cameras at all..... Backing this moose up in tight areas is a pain. previous truck was a 2016 Colorado. Does any one know if I can have the 360 added? Also missing the center piece of the fender wall on the dully.

Scvette

Reaction score
What did you do for a leveling kit and what size tires?
How is this just a fad? LolView attachment 28848

Thanks to this forum I have my dream truck. I was going to settle for used and higher mileage that I liked before getting Mark Dodge’s pricing. My local Southern California Ram dealer contact whom I have purchased numerous fleet and personal Rams from would not budge from MSRP and would only do MSRP if I special ordered.

Special thanks to OfficerDirtySanchez for all his work on the tracking sheet, it was extremely valuable to me, my hats off to you sir! And BRV10, your updates once the truck had shipped were super helpful in my planning my flight to Louisiana.

Window Sticker11/21

I feel for all you early orders who still have not taken delivery, the wait is worth it! I waited almost exactly 2 weeks to pick my truck up from the dealer that was probably the hardest wait of all knowing that it was sitting there waiting for me and I had already paid for it!

The stock wheels and tires were not even on for 24 hours, I drove straight to Baton Rouge to get wheels tires and leveled. I had intentionally stalled my trip to pick the truck up so that I could surprise my daughter who was going to be alone in Austin, Texas for Christmas. I love this truck but I was looking forward to seeing her more than anything. This has been her dream truck for years and is on her vision board still so of course I had to let her drive it (I need to order my AMP steps ASAP as all 4’11” of her has a hard time climbing in). 1,000 miles on her already and no major complaints yet. The 12” screen has glitched a few times but when you consider what it is and that my brand new iPhone has had glitches as well you can take it with a grain of salt.

We even got to take it on the track at the Circuit of the Americas track in Austin Texas on Christmas Day for their Christmas light event. We didn’t get above 60 miles an hour but it was still pretty awesome taking the big dually for a lap around the race track!

I had my mind made up on a pearl white with the night edition until I saw the chrome on the !Laramie next one in person. Call me old school but the chrome and the semi wheels still does it for me.

And before the mirror comments start I have always run with the moose ears out beginning with my very first 2003 3500 Dually………. I’ve heard all the ghost trailer comments and I really don’t care how they look when they are out, you can just plain see better with them up and that’s all that matters to me!

DHeart

Reaction score

Window Sticker11/21

Users who are viewing this thread