Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
My 1500 5th Gen wouldn't do that,if the fob was in the truck it would unlock.
A 1500 5th gen will do the exact same thing @Tyadcock described:
Leave fob in truck, and lock it with the second fob. Or, leave fob in the truck, and use the guardian app (ram connect for 2022) to remote start. This will lock the doors with the fob inside.
Or, you can remote start the truck with the fob, open door, throw fob in truck, lock the doors from the inside door switch and shut the door, and the truck will stay locked.
Or, you can leave the fob in the truck, lock doors from inside door switch, shut the door. Repeat this two more times, and after the third try, the doors will stay locked. This is for all ram trucks that have push button start.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Leave fob in truck, and lock it with the second fob. Or, leave fob in the truck, and use the guardian app (ram connect for 2022) to remote start. This will lock the doors with the fob inside.
Or, you can remote start the truck with the fob, open door, throw fob in truck, lock the doors from the inside door switch and shut the door, and the truck will stay locked.
Or, you can leave the fob in the truck, lock doors from inside door switch, shut the door. Repeat this two more times, and after the third try, the doors will stay locked. This is for all ram trucks that have push button start.
That's a lot of work just to keep a fob in the truck, I don't trust the app very much and it would be easier to clone the fob signal.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Huh? I am of different thoughts. I actually try NOT to lock my keys in my truck. Especially when it’s running. But thank you guys for teaching me how I could lock them in the truck. Actually know how, I’m gifted. I plan on forgetting that ASAP. Hopefully.

rossagge

Reaction score
Just had to share this Pic of my Longhorn dash. For those of you who ordered one and are waiting. Such a beautiful interior! About to take it back throughTexas.
c80db4acbc906e6de2dfe6ae0fc9c77d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Huh? I am of different thoughts. I actually try NOT to lock my keys in my truck. Especially when it’s running. But thank you guys for teaching me how I could lock them in the truck. Actually know how, I’m gifted. I plan on forgetting that ASAP. Hopefully.
I figure it’s useful to know all the circumstances that a fob CAN get locked in the vehicle (whether on purpose or by accident), so not to become complacent thinking that the fobik safe feature prevents locking the fob in the truck in every situation.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I figure it’s useful to know all the circumstances that a fob CAN get locked in the vehicle (whether on purpose or by accident), so not to become complacent thinking that the fobik safe feature prevents locking the fob in the truck in every situation.
If there’s a way to lock me out, my truck will figure it out. One time in the mountains at 10,500’ I shut my door and my alarm armed on its own. Locked out I was. Another time in the desert at a gas station, truck running, my ‘91 Cummins same thing. Shut my door, alarm armed itself and locked out I was. Now I’m phobic! I’m afraid to shut my doors without checking several times.

Last edited:

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I’m a fan of having the mechanic lock my keys in my truck… that way I can pick it up after the service guys go home and still retrieve my keys… I knew about the 3X trick… but there’s one more for you RamBox guys. Unlock the truck, stick the fob at the very back of the passenger side box, then manually lock a door and close it. At least on my truck (2015) that’s where it works.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ordered 9/29 and took delivery today. I’ll post a video link to my YouTube channel probably tomorrow.
Something caught my eye… the section of metal between the windows of the doors… on most of these trucks there’s black vinyl covering those to match the windows, yours are white. Did you remove the vinyl? Or did it come with out it? Maybe white vinyl?

My 2015 has this vinyl starting to crack, years ago one sided faded a bit. I’d rather it wasn’t there. I think it looks better!

MrTaz

Reaction score
Just had to share this Pic of my Longhorn dash. For those of you who ordered one and are waiting. Such a beautiful interior! About to take it back throughTexas.
c80db4acbc906e6de2dfe6ae0fc9c77d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
My 2021 1500 looks like that. It will be traded in on the Limited 3500 that I'm waiting on,. I traded a 2017 2500 Laramie Cummins in on the 1500 Longhorn that I have now. It's a nice truck but it's not a HD.

The only downside to the Longhorn is with the lighter colored leather. When getting in and out of the truck the leather seat bottom is starting to show wear with just 4000 miles on it. I think that would show less on seats that are black leather. The wear I'm talking about is the leather starting to crease and wrinkle from sliding across it getting in and out. If the leather was a little thicker I think it would be less of an issue.

Last edited:

Jtwes

Reaction score
Something caught my eye… the section of metal between the windows of the doors… on most of these trucks there’s black vinyl covering those to match the windows, yours are white. Did you remove the vinyl? Or did it come with out it? Maybe white vinyl?

My 2015 has this vinyl starting to crack, years ago one sided faded a bit. I’d rather it wasn’t there. I think it looks better!
Now I noticed it lol. No it’s just white they didn’t put black on it.

Users who are viewing this thread