Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
A few members builds took a truck to Laredo from the plant, then trucked to their dealer from there. I don't have solid arrangements yet, but my VLS indicates it will be rail to a yard in San Antonio and trucked to Austin. No clue how they decide the route.
The truck from the plant to Laredo makes sense. My dealer says that once it enters shipping status they have trouble tracking it. May be that trucks bound for my dealer never get put on a train. Can’t track a rail car if it’s not on one…

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Coming south to the Brownsville area. Still KZ according to my dealer, just trying to think how long it’ll be once it gets on a train. Thanks for the info.
What's the last 6 of your vin?

ACEd

Reaction score
Yes it is
Canadian orders play by different rules - not sure what process looks up there, down here, you get VIN right away but someone speculated Canadian orders no VIN until truck built. I know Window Stickers look different. Suggest you ask about others with Canadian orders and their experience

CforHD

Reaction score
Anyone have any estimates for delivery times to mark dodge? I believe my truck is either getting ready to ship or already shipped. Just looking at the calendar thinking of when I need to be calling in sick to work lol.
If it shipped, it's probably on the train to Port Allen and due to arrive on the 25th. Renae told me up to 3 weeks to get from Port to Mark Dodge.

FLRAM

Reaction score
One step closer wish me luck booked flight to Mark Dodge for 1/7 pickup…

How did you get a firm date that it would be at the dealer on 1/7?
If it shipped, it's probably on the train to Port Allen and due to arrive on the 25th. Renae told me up to 3 weeks to get from Port to Mark Dodge.
we going to have multiple members Trucks on the same train and same carrier to mark dodge.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Just going through the chart lot of unbuilt high outputs June to September maybe that is my hold up for my order

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AFF

Reaction score
Canadian orders play by different rules - not sure what process looks up there, down here, you get VIN right away but someone speculated Canadian orders no VIN until truck built. I know Window Stickers look different. Suggest you ask about others with Canadian orders and their experience
Correct, no VIN until built or close to it. My dealer which I know pretty well was shocked when I told him US buyers get the VIN in a few days.

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
How did you get a firm date that it would be at the dealer on 1/7?

we going to have multiple members Trucks on the same train and same carrier to mark dodge.
I did not get a firm date I just had to hedge my bet and pick a date based on a friend who’s picking up his truck that’s already arrived, have flexibility if I have to change flights wish me luck!

gator6

Reaction score
It kind of shows you don't have much experience with Chrysler or Ram in particular. This is my fourth Ram truck ordered and one Hellcat. I have learned they send it to you when they get good and ready. Out of all the vehicles the one I'm waiting on now has been the slowest. The rest of them averaged 8-10 weeks. The Hellcat was the quickest in more ways than one...

Whoa, 165 posts! I need to step up my game…what’s been happening? Merry Christmas Eve btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shootist

Reaction score
Window sticker popped up around 1am according to Cryptostickers. Maybe it's out of KZLD and getting on a train today.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
Correct, no VIN until built or close to it. My dealer which I know pretty well was shocked when I told him US buyers get the VIN in a few days.

Thanks for the info, I’ll just hassle my sales rep once a month then for a status update here in BC.

Users who are viewing this thread