Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
c3098c8a1211380366fed6c476a455ee.jpg

0a54d5ca1872ec6d93f4b120e45e8e15.jpg

Didn’t take any good pictures before it got dark. That’s all I got for now.

*2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab Laramie, 2 Tone Black and Silver.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. At The Dealer, Have to pick up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful Trucks - but shouldn't white one be in middle?

tolym

Reaction score
Beautiful Trucks - but shouldn't white one be in middle?

It should when we plan the pictures. This was just pull over grab some food and hit the road again as quickly as possible. 360 miles to go.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. At The Dealer, Have to pick up)

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
We chatted with Ram chat and they said there’s no VIN assigned yet but it passed the order audit phase. Hopefully it gets built in 2022. Not holding my breath though. Seems a chip shortage is the problem for anything with electronics in it.
If you don’t have a vin after this long something sounds fishy. I ordered 10/16 and had a Vin a couple days later and now truck is JS.
I think your dealer maybe playing you.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
c3098c8a1211380366fed6c476a455ee.jpg

0a54d5ca1872ec6d93f4b120e45e8e15.jpg

Didn’t take any good pictures before it got dark. That’s all I got for now.

You don’t think those are good pictures!? I just got wood! That just made the wait harder! No pun intended. I think you need a diversion. Just drive them over to my house. Please!

Dan222500

Reaction score
View attachment 28700Here’s my last post related to the order/delivery of my truck.

Ordered June 26
D1 Nov 2
Build date Nov 21
Arrived at dealer Dec 20

I waited a few days short of 6 months for the truck. The wait is very frustrating, but it’s worth it to get exactly what you want.

This is my first diesel truck and first truck in 30 years. Throttle response and linear acceleration is impressive, even with standard output diesel. Drives great, very quit inside, high quality feel inside and out. Here’s a few photos.
Congratulations sir! Thats pretty close to what I currently have ordered! Hope you enjoy!

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread. But does anyone know the first rail offload spot in Texas? I’m assuming that they cross the border in Laredo. Just wondering where my truck will come off the train for delivery to my dealer here in South Texas.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread. But does anyone know the first rail offload spot in Texas? I’m assuming that they cross the border in Laredo. Just wondering where my truck will come off the train for delivery to my dealer here in South Texas.
They come into the U.S. at Eagle Pass, TX

SierraHog

Reaction score
DMV called and said they have all my paperwork and all That is needed is to do the vin verification. I thought for sure they would want a smog as well. Anyone deal with this in CA already?
Smog and weight certificate are needed too. I’ve brought two trucks, both diesels, in from Idaho and they needed all of it at DMV in California. They do the VIN verification at DMV so you’re good to go with that part.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Depends where it's headed after Eagle Pass, and the shipping assignments

MrTaz

Reaction score
DMV called and said they have all my paperwork and all That is needed is to do the vin verification. I thought for sure they would want a smog as well. Anyone deal with this in CA already?
The first couple of years for a new vehicle doesn't require smog test in California if it's purchased there. The Plum Crazy Hellcat in my member photo was purchased in Petaluma California when I was living there for 18 months.

Last edited:

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Coming south to the Brownsville area. Still KZ according to my dealer, just trying to think how long it’ll be once it gets on a train. Thanks for the info.

HDnick10

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I’m assuming to San Antonio from there?
A few members builds took a truck to Laredo from the plant, then trucked to their dealer from there. I don't have solid arrangements yet, but my VLS indicates it will be rail to a yard in San Antonio and trucked to Austin. No clue how they decide the route.

Users who are viewing this thread