Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Well spoke with brv10 and apparently my truck was delivered yesterday, no word from my salesman yet, im assuming it was his day off. 2022 3500 tradesmen ccsb 6.7 SO
Ordered 9/17 delivered 12/21. Thanks for all your help everyone one, going to try to pick it up this afternoon

MrTaz

Reaction score
Twas the week before Christmas
And all through the house
People were stressed
And scurried about
When what to my wondering ears should appear
But a call from my dealer
My new Ram truck was here

I dashed home from Cabo
And without a moment to spare
I made a beeline for the dealer
Speed limits beware

Pulling up to the dealer
And what should appear
But a pearl white 2500
2022 the year

The paint how it twinkled
The cummins it purred
This was for sure
The baddest truck ever heard

Signed my life on the x
Climbed into the seat
And with a push of the button
turned on the seat heat.

With my buns all aglow
I put the truck into drive
and bid a fond farewell
to my wife and her ride

As I darted away
I let out a wave
I'd surely be back
for an oil change some day

Merry Cummins-ismas to all
and to all a good night.

View attachment 28545
View attachment 28546
View attachment 28547
View attachment 28548
View attachment 28549
View attachment 28550
View attachment 28551
View attachment 28552
View attachment 28553
View attachment 28554
The things we do to pass time while we wait...

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Twas the week before Christmas
And all through the house
People were stressed
And scurried about
When what to my wondering ears should appear
But a call from my dealer
My new Ram truck was here

I dashed home from Cabo
And without a moment to spare
I made a beeline for the dealer
Speed limits beware

Pulling up to the dealer
And what should appear
But a pearl white 2500
2022 the year

The paint how it twinkled
The cummins it purred
This was for sure
The baddest truck ever heard

Signed my life on the x
Climbed into the seat
And with a push of the button
turned on the seat heat.

With my buns all aglow
I put the truck into drive
and bid a fond farewell
to my wife and her ride

As I darted away
I let out a wave
I'd surely be back
for an oil change some day

Merry Cummins-ismas to all
and to all a good night.

View attachment 28545
View attachment 28546
View attachment 28547
View attachment 28548
View attachment 28549
View attachment 28550
View attachment 28551
View attachment 28552
View attachment 28553
View attachment 28554
NICE!!! I could tell from the pictures you live in AZ, yeah I seen the AZ on the temp tag too so you can't lie... LOL I was wondering what the second item is on your roof line..... I know one is the antenna, but what is the other? Reminds me of the Surprise, AZ area

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. It's been a crazy couple days. Couple quick observations.

Truck ordered on 9/6
Built on or around 11/17
Equipment list 11/18
Window sticker 11/19
Ship date unknown
Dropped at El Mirage, AZ rail yard on 11/30
Delivered to dealer 12/16
Delivered to me 12/19

Truck is awesome! Build quality top notch.

It's gonna take some getting used to, it feels "YUGE"! Still fits in the garage which was one of prerequisites.

Someone asked about the ride quality with the air ride. Not sure I can comment. Just don't have enough experience with the standard 4X4 to be able to tell any difference, and I haven't driven one with the off road Bilstien package.

I can say my F150 FX4 with the 4 corner Bilstien leveling kit road much smoother. I don't want to say nicer, but it was way smoother and absorbed the bumps and road undulations much better. It was great off road too. The 2500 just has a different ride feel to it. I have no doubt it will be enjoyable on long drives pulling the airstream.

The air ride is slick. You can lower the bed to make hooking and unhooking a trailer easier. There is allow a switch to lower the overall ride height about an 1" when towing. Not matter which mode it will level the rear when towing. Sorry, I know you all know all this, but it's exciting and new to me.

Night package is baller. Totally happy with it. the 20' wheels and tires may also contribute to my perceived ride quality. Don't care, they look bad ass.

As far the tech goes...jury is still out.

I know I keep comparing everything to my wife Palisade, but damn, that is one of the best vehicles going right now, and especially when you consider a premium Calligraphy goes for around $50K. The build quality and tech in that car is second to none right now, except maybe the Tesla.

The driver assist items have a LONG way to go compared to what's available now. I understand the limitations and why they are the way they are for now, but come on Ram. They work. They are still helpful and I'm glad I got them at the end of the day.

Big complaint right now is the 12" UConnect 5. What a steaming pile of dog poo. At least in the current version. I'll talk more about that over in that UConnect update thread. But it's safe to say for a $90K truck in 2022 I'd still consider it beta tester quality. It barely works at this point. HUGE disappointment.

I'll also post some pictures over the Camera Options thread.

Getting the PPF and tint done this week, I'll post details in another post

As far as pricing goes...I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal from Mark Dodge, but you know....deal was painless and close to home

To give other some reference for their orders:

Sticker was $87,900
Sticker when I order was $86,520 (my sticker is posted, basically every option but snow plow and 5th wheel)
I was price protected
Affiliate price was $79,576
Got the $500 TrueCar discount
Sales price was $79,076 + TTT
I think it worked out to about 10% below current sticker, little less for sticker at time of order
Not the best but not the worst
They matched the Ziegler Mopar MaxCare quote of $1350 for 8/85
They also matched USAA 1.89% for 63 months. Gonna pay it off within the year so wasn't super concerned about financing.

That's it for now. Hope it helps. Thankful for this thread and this forum. Helped my save some money on the truck for sure, and learned a lot about my new truck. Very helpful.
Thanks for all the updated information! Much appreciated!

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
NICE!!! I could tell from the pictures you live in AZ, yeah I seen the AZ on the temp tag too so you can't lie... LOL I was wondering what the second item is on your roof line..... I know one is the antenna, but what is the other? Reminds me of the Surprise, AZ area
Opposite side of town. North Scottsdale. My backyard is the McDowell Mountains.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Gotcha! Loved that area! Can you answer the roof question? Thanks!
You know, I'm not sure. If I had guess I'd say one has to do with the XM and the other is for GPS, Cellular, and radio associated with the UConnect, but I'm not sure which one is which. Again if you twisted my arm I'd say the shark fin is the later and small one is XM.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
New to the forum. Ordered 11-11-21. Limited DRW, Black in color, HO 6.7 and 3.73. Received a VIN 11-12-21 and dealer sent me a message 12-13-21 that truck has a ship date of 1-8-2022. Now I wait to see how accurate that really turns out to be.

VIN: 3C63RRRL8NG199717
LOL If those dates hold true, gonna be some hurt members on this Forum who are still awaiting their trucks...... 9 weeks will be a very quick build given Christmas and New Years holidays. I hope it happens!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
You know, I'm not sure. If I had guess I'd say one has to do with the XM and the other is for GPS, Cellular, and radio associated with the UConnect, but I'm not sure which one is which. Again if you twisted my arm I'd say the shark fin is the later and small one is XM.
Trying to research info on the web, but not finding the differences. You are probably correct...

MrTaz

Reaction score
Gotcha! Loved that area! Can you answer the roof question? Thanks!
I think what you are seeing is a street lamp pole that is lined up perfectly with the Shark Fin GPS antenna on the truck. Look at the top of what appears to be the top of the antenna and you will see a tiny square box that is the light box.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Saltillo closes during the holidays? I used to do work for GM plants and it was normal for them to close 2-6 weeks depending on how much they wanted to change in the plant and how much inventory was on hand. The latter won't come into play for now however.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I think what you are seeing is a street lamp pole that is lined up perfectly with the Shark Fin GPS antenna on the truck. Look at the top of what appears to be the top of the antenna and you will see a tiny square box that is the light box.
Yep! I see the Lamp Pole and the Shark Fin Antenna, but I'm curious about the other square object on the right side of the roof as you are looking from the front of the truck

MrTaz

Reaction score
Yep! I see the Lamp Pole and the Shark Fin Antenna, but I'm curious about the other square object on the right side of the roof as you are looking from the front of the truck
On the vehicles without navigation that would be the antenna for the satellite radio. Not sure why they have both on this truck.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
On the vehicles without navigation that would be the antenna for the satellite radio. Not sure why they have both on this truck.
Gotcha! One is for Radio and one is for GPS Navigation. That makes sense as my current truck 2004 I had to add an antenna for navigation

Users who are viewing this thread