Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Thank you! I genuinely appreciate the love, guys. It's what will keep me in this thread and continuing to update the spreadsheet even after I get my truck.

I spend time on the speadsheet because it's a hobby. And I like adding value to the community we have here.

I've already benefited in numerous ways. From @brv10's very much appreciated unsolicited updates on my build status to the other member here who sold and shipped me his takeoff wheels when he could have more easily sold them to his dealer. I feel I've already been "paid back" for the time I've put into the spreadsheet and data collection.

I also have to point out that I couldn't have even started this project if it weren't for @Brutal_HO and anyone else who continues to invest their time and money in this forum. There isn't another platform (looking at you, Facebook) which drives as much genuine and valuable conversation as this forum does. Thank you to Brutal and any other mods out there!

All of this is to say- I'm a happy dude and have everything I need. If you're in a thankful and giving mood, consider donating a couple bucks to a charity that's important to you. Or get one extra little thing for your spouse/kid/friend/dog for the holidays and make sure to tell them you love them.

Happy Holidays!
You ODS are too much. No words (a rarity for me).
But as much as we and I myself appreciate what you feel and do for this community, the gift is in the giving. We would like to feel good too. I think the charity of my choice is called the ODS charity but can’t find the donation box.
Please let us show our appreciation.

PS, @Brutal_HO your pretty good too! And your loco. Oh I mean local. Let’s get some lunch or dinner. On me. Plus I have some fresh cryosealed blue fin tuna that you may like. PM me, please.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I have a fully loaded out laramie wish I would have went longhorn at this point..Mine went vin, to D back to C now back to D which means zero movement and watching all these vins past me be delivered for no reason. This will be my last ram product ever.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
This isn’t exclusive to Ram. This is happening all through construction with materials, toy haulers and 5th wheels too. It’s a supply thing. With me it’s been brutal. Suppliers tell me one thing and I set my crews and sub contractors and inform my homeowners then last second, I’m doing it all over again but then I’m hurting others. This BS has to stop.
So, I do sympathize with you and all of us but I can’t place the blame only on Ram.

owdiss78

Reaction score
owdiss78 - While there are people getting their newly ordered trucks asap (lucky them in my eyes), there are others in worst shape. Let me make you feel better by introducing you to sconym who is a May order (was the oldest order on the sheet with no movement) and just received a build sheet in the last week. There are plenty of June/July orders that have not yet gotten our orders and have no answers. VIN order plays no role in build sequence (ask the 1050 pages of members :oops:). Good luck with your order, find an underdog with a really old order or damage / fob theft challenges and root for them - it might take your mind of your frustrations. ;)

I smile every time those older then me order is built because its closer to maybe my chance also happy for everyone’s order who pops up no matter where on the chart. I just stating I want answers from ram why this build 8 weeks after mine twin or maybe different color was better to build then skipping mine or older orders that’s where the frustration is. So far dealer never has any info for me they did tell me they have asked the rep why my build being skipped or what holding it up and that is if they are being honest with me witch I have no reason to think they are not. Merry Christmas to all

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Question for anyone who ordered from Granger in Iowa. How’d they deal with the msrp increase? Did they pass it on to you or did they eat it? Can’t seem to get an answer from the dealership or from @zach@granger on here. Haven’t ordered yet, but they’re making me a little nervous.
Try Motor In Spirit Lake. Stupid name but it’s a dealer in Iowa that does 5% off invoice like Mark Dodge.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I have one of those now but it’s got $7500 into it to not brake lol. And idk what to do at this point. I mean if ram could just say we are out of this option at this time want to change or wait or just simple honesty why I’m being skipped I just want honest answers..
You want the truth! You can’t handle the truth! LOL. I think Jack Nicholson?

ACEd

Reaction score
I hate to point this out as there is valid pain for early orders not built yet that should have been at very front of the build que - but Production did not start until early August, so anyone who promised delivery before mid to late September was smoking the buyer.

But even 126 or 128 days from beginning of 2022 HD production is unreasonable. At least things seem to be moving - all but 1 of the May orders and 6 of the June orders finally have Window Stickers indicating they are in Shipping stage.
Based on HD TRacking Sheet as of 12/21/21 - compared to 11/30/2021

Present As of 11/30/2021% of OrdersOrdersEquipment ListsAs of 12/21/2021Incr over 11/30% of OrdersNo Data
4777.6%58Equipment Lists (May)571098.3%1
11682.7%138Equipment Lists (June)1321695.7%6
14582.8%163Equipment Lists (July)154994.5%9
8463.6%125Equipment Lists (Aug)1112788.8%14
3648.6%74Equipment Lists (Sept)562075.7%18
1010.1%86Equipment Lists (Oct)443451.2%42
00.0%72Equipment Lists (Nov)101013.9%62
00.0%24Equipment Lists (Dec)114.2%23

Ickabod

Reaction score
Question for anyone who ordered from Granger in Iowa. How’d they deal with the msrp increase? Did they pass it on to you or did they eat it? Can’t seem to get an answer from the dealership or from @zach@granger on here. Haven’t ordered yet, but they’re making me a little nervous.
I ordered from them on 10/1. I specifically asked about an increase and they said the agreed upon price is what I would pay.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I have a fully loaded out laramie wish I would have went longhorn at this point..Mine went vin, to D back to C now back to D which means zero movement and watching all these vins past me be delivered for no reason. This will be my last ram product ever.

It kind of shows you don't have much experience with Chrysler or Ram in particular. This is my fourth Ram truck ordered and one Hellcat. I have learned they send it to you when they get good and ready. Out of all the vehicles the one I'm waiting on now has been the slowest. The rest of them averaged 8-10 weeks. The Hellcat was the quickest in more ways than one...

Klyndt

Reaction score
Ordered 7/13. Finally got the truck home today. Ordered from Kirk at classic Motors in Richfield Utah. They gave me the affiliate pricing minus $500 penfed minus $500 finance through Chrysler. Very friendly and easy to work with. They credited me for the tires that came on the truck and gave me a good deal on some Falkens. They didn't even mention the increase in msrp.

Attachments

• 20211221_160523.jpg
    20211221_160523.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 65

Rockman

Reaction score

The product is worth the wait… I’m thinking about ordering two more trucks…. Just take the one that comes in early and sell the rest… seems kinda like roulette and some of us are on some bad numbers.. trucks ordered in december D1 within a week.. think I’m going to put a few more chips on the table.. it is a good chance if yours has not been built yet and you were skipped over those seem to stay in that status.. Trucks that are the exact same 3500 srw HO limited with equipment and window stickers already built and shipped and ordered in the 190+ vins. It does seem like a lot of us have estimated ship dates 1st week of January. Im glad Saltillo plant is running and producing. My TRX order did teach me some patience lol

Rockman

Reaction score
Only problem with that is you would really only be penalizing yourself with a much lesser truck...lol. That's kinda like saying your gonna pick up whatever TC deer rifle is available on the shelf at the big box store cause your mad at Browning...
Agreed lol… you be sitting at a Redlight and a Ram 3500 rolls up next to you…… Then it just cost you more money and time.. I switched to another brand before it lasted 3 months…. These 5th gens are the best…

J-J

Reaction score
It kind of shows you don't have much experience with Chrysler or Ram in particular. This is my fourth Ram truck ordered and one Hellcat. I have learned they send it to you when they get good and ready. Out of all the vehicles the one I'm waiting on now has been the slowest. The rest of them averaged 8-10 weeks. The Hellcat was the quickest in more ways than one...
Sadly you are way off I have a ton of experience with mopar, going back to my 92 dodge Dayton. Trucks I had 10 plus in the dodge family and 3 now in the ram family. Wanna go into the jeep side have had 5 of those now. I'm very well versed on the brand. You are right one thing they used to have good customer service and get items out not make excuses.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Based on HD TRacking Sheet as of 12/21/21 - compared to 11/30/2021

Present As of 11/30/2021% of OrdersOrdersEquipment ListsAs of 12/21/2021Incr over 11/30% of OrdersNo Data
4777.6%58Equipment Lists (May)571098.3%1
11682.7%138Equipment Lists (June)1321695.7%6
14582.8%163Equipment Lists (July)154994.5%9
8463.6%125Equipment Lists (Aug)1112788.8%14
3648.6%74Equipment Lists (Sept)562075.7%18
1010.1%86Equipment Lists (Oct)443451.2%42
00.0%72Equipment Lists (Nov)101013.9%62
00.0%24Equipment Lists (Dec)114.2%23
Thanks for the data update. Facts are more reliable than frustration. And I'm one of the ones with no data.

ACEd

Reaction score
Honestly no to me the GMC is not a lesser truck just not the perfect match for me at this time. Most of the trucks are built so closely together there is not much difference between them other than loyalty to the brand. To me if the brand isn't loyal to me then why should I be loyal to them.

If you can find a truck close enough to what you want on any dealer's lot (Chevy, Ford, GMC, RAM) and are willing to pay MSRP or MSRP+Market Adjustment, I say go for it. But if you are complaining about a particular brand in terms of delivery time on a Special Order truck, lets at least be fair in comparing production / delivery vs order times.

IF all are about the SAME due to parts shortage issues beyond their control (OR if C and F are quoting 30+/- weeks as someone else posted and RAM dealers on new orders are "estimating" 12-16 weeks average), threatening to go to brand X because of slow delivery seems a bit punitive. After all, 2022 RAMs have only been in production for about 18 weeks less 1 week September shutdown for parts and 95% of the May-July orders (placed before production began) on the tracking sheet have been built and 46% of those May-July orders have been delivered within the first 18+/- weeks of production. I doubt C or F is any better on Special Orders - but maybe IF you can find a source of information comparable to this forum, you can answer that question.

If you are complaining about semi random build sequences and lack of information or poor communication from your dealer or RamChat, you certainly have a valid point, but I would say compare to Brand X if you can find comparable information or compare your dealer to dealers like Mark Dodge who seem to be able to keep buyers informed better than others.

I dont have a horse in this race - my truck is delivered - and I certainly can sympathize with those in the 5% above who should have been at the first of the build que or those who are getting bad or no info from dealers (mine was good and I have no complaints - unlike my previous F dealer). Your best points of information are (1) checking with your dealer after about 4-6 weeks and (2) watching for your Equipment List to show up (JS) and (3) your Window Sticker to show up (KZ), then (4) checking with your dealer for transportation status.

But if you placed your order in September or later, I say this isn't Amazon - ACCEPT that ETA's are essentially meaningless and RamChat info is frequently unhelpful. Dont' expect much info as your truck progresses thru the dreaded C-D-D1 stage and ETAs at that point are completely meaningless; once it goes JS its built and can move rapidly to shipping or it can be held up waiting for auxiliary (trailer) parts such as TTPMS or Cameras and if its held up, you wont know why or when; once it goes KZ its shipping and Dealer may be able to track - here ETAs may be better but its still dependent on Railroad issues as well as Unloading and Transport from railhead to dealer - all of which are beyond any control.

With Special Thanks to those who provide this Forum with the best source of information I have experienced on car orders and Wishing all a Merry Christmas and may the new year bring your new truck quickly.

Best, ACEd

Last edited:

J-J

Reaction score
If you can find a truck close enough to what you want on any dealer's lot (Chevy, Ford, GMC, RAM) and are willing to pay MSRP or MSRP+Market Adjustment, I say go for it. But if you are complaining about a particular brand in terms of delivery time on a Special Order truck, lets at least be fair in comparing production / delivery vs order times.

IF all are about the SAME due to parts shortage issues beyond their control (OR if C and F are quoting 30+/- weeks as someone else posted and RAM dealers on new orders are "estimating" 12-16 weeks average), threatening to go to brand X because of slow delivery seems a bit punitive. After all, 2022 RAMs have only been in production for about 18 weeks less 1 week September shutdown for parts and 95% of the May-July orders (placed before production began) on the tracking sheet have been built and 46% of those May-July orders have been delivered within the first 18+/- weeks of production. I doubt C or F is any better on Special Orders - but maybe IF you can find a source of information comparable to this forum, you can answer that question.

If you are complaining about semi random build sequences and lack of information or poor communication from your dealer or RamChat, you certainly have a valid point, but I would say compare to Brand X if you can find comparable information or compare your dealer to dealers like Mark Dodge who seem to be able to keep buyers informed better than others.

I dont have a horse in this race - my truck is delivered - and I certainly can sympathize with those in the 5% above who should have been at the first of the build que or those who are getting bad or no info from dealers (mine was good and I have no complaints - unlike my previous F dealer). Your best points of information are (1) checking with your dealer after about 4-6 weeks and (2) watching for your Equipment List to show up (JS) and (3) your Window Sticker to show up (KZ), then (4) checking with your dealer for transportation status.

But if you placed your order in September or later, I say this isn't Amazon - ACCEPT that ETA's are essentially meaningless and RamChat info is frequently unhelpful. Dont' expect much info as your truck progresses thru the dreaded C-D-D1 stage and ETAs at that point are completely meaningless; once it goes JS its built and can move rapidly to shipping or it can be held up waiting for auxiliary (trailer) parts such as TTPMS or Cameras and if its held up, you wont know why or when; once it goes KZ its shipping and Dealer may be able to track - here ETAs may be better but its still dependent on Railroad issues as well as Unloading and Transport from railhead to dealer - all of which are beyond any control.

With Special Thanks to those who provide this Forum with the best source of information I have experienced on car orders and Wishing all a Merry Christmas and may the new year bring your new truck quickly.

Best, ACEd
I accept a little delay which is why I ordered but being Zero movement after 100 ish days with no information is not acceptable on any platform. Not getting into a brand war one way or the other don't care that much. It's more the point they know the issue and could very easily just tell people what is going on or why they were skipped.

Coonhound

Reaction score
July 20th order here.
The truck has been sitting at the vendor waiting for parts since like December 2nd and it's still there. I'm guessing the big hold up is because I ordered such a unique truck. It's the Silver Edition so maybe it's waiting on special steps or something. I only came across one other guy that ordered that package.

Users who are viewing this thread