Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
I accept a little delay which is why I ordered but being Zero movement after 100 ish days with no information is not acceptable on any platform. Not getting into a brand war one way or the other don't care that much. It's more the point they know the issue and could very easily just tell people what is going on or why they were skipped.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
I dont disagree if you have no info. Suggest you talk to your dealer - as a minimum he should be able to update your POC sheet which will give you current C, D, or D1 or maybe better info. Realize the ETA is not real but some say it is frequently a close approximation to build date. Other option is to try to get RamChat to start a Case Tracking, but I was not successful when mine went quiet after JS.

As to why you were skipped - I dont think you were skipped, I think as others have pointed out, the build sequence is more random rather than being first in-first-out or VIN number order.

It probably relates in some way to configuration, color, and options as to both parts and what they can fit on the line in a given time slot - or possibly even shipping logistics. And there may be ways to increase priority status or maybe a big dealer gets preference over a smaller dealer or maybe a dealer has used up his monthly allocation or is in the doghouse for fudging Sold Orders or ??? And maybe it is not worth the time to explain to every buyer or even to the dealer why build sequence is what it is potentially for each individual truck. But it may be more roulette than we know.

Last edited:

Pcullen

Reaction score
Question for anyone who ordered from Granger in Iowa. How’d they deal with the msrp increase? Did they pass it on to you or did they eat it? Can’t seem to get an answer from the dealership or from @zach@granger on here. Haven’t ordered yet, but they’re making me a little nervous.
I ordered through Granger at the end of November. Try reaching out to Amanda - ram@grangermotors.com. She responded quickly when I was getting quotes and when I placed my order. I honestly would be interested in how they may handle any MSRP increases too. Overall the experience with Granger has been positive. 4% off Invoice plus I am only 3 hours away from Granger so I don’t have to make a long trip to MD.

Stevo1506

Reaction score
New to the forum. Ordered 11-11-21. Limited DRW, Black in color, HO 6.7 and 3.73. Received a VIN 11-12-21 and dealer sent me a message 12-13-21 that truck has a ship date of 1-8-2022. Now I wait to see how accurate that really turns out to be.

VIN: 3C63RRRL8NG199717

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Who?

I bought my 2020 from AN Arapahoe and dealt with the SM. Got around 11% off (pre-covid order). They've also treated me well in service.

The other dealers in the area just didn't want to play for my business, or wanted to play games.
Chris at Brandon Dodge. I checked with 3 dealers total in the Denver area. I figured different sales guys might feel or act differently, so after I got a quote from a sales guy I called and asked for another to be sure.

First dealer was Christophers Dodge World. I’ve purchased two trucks there in the last 15 years and had both of them serviced for warranty issues there. I do all my own maintenance, and used my warranty contracts so I only paid deductibles (can’t speak to cost otherwise), but they were the fastest in getting to my truck for the most part, even though they were further away.
-First salesman I sent my build specs to told me price would be MSRP. I’d have to put $3500 down (Normally $5k for most, but less for me since I was a customer)
-Second salesman I sent my specs to told me MSRP and $3500 down. I did not let him know I was a previous customer, and asked if the $3500 was their standard. He indicated that it was.

Second dealer I contacted was AN Arapahoe. I spoke to a salesman and sent him my build spec. Two weeks went by without him sending me anything so I called him again. Said he’d get it to me that afternoon, and never did.
-Second salesmen at this dealer quoted me MSRP over the phone and $4K down. However, she never sent me anything in an email or in writing.
I have to say I was a little biased against even asking this dealer. My 2015 had the steering welded as part of a recall (junk “fix”), and I needed the alignment done. Local tire shop wasn’t willing to cut the weld for me, so I had to go to a dealer. Christophers alignment rack was out of service, so I scheduled here. The tech gave me a hard time about me doing my own maintenance, even tried to tell me the truck had a code for using the wrong oil. (I don’t use the wrong oil, and have a code reader of my own… ZERO codes before they got the truck because I always check before taking it to anyone… so lies.) My buddy has had rough experiences at the service department here as well.

Before opening my search out of state I thought I’d try one more dealer. I called Brandon Dodge and got hold of Chris. Forwarded him my build spec and in about 10 minutes he sent me a POC sheet and wrote a price next to it. We called, texted and emailed back and forth for a week about details, and he seemed honest. Had an appointment scheduled to go build and put the money down, but showed up as a regular Joe to see how the rest of the place was run. So far my experience has been great with them. Though I am early in my experience, as I ordered on 11/6.
I’ll let everyone know how the rest goes.

Sorry for the long post guys. Lol.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Twas the week before Christmas
And all through the house
People were stressed
And scurried about
When what to my wondering ears should appear
But a call from my dealer
My new Ram truck was here

I dashed home from Cabo
And without a moment to spare
I made a beeline for the dealer
Speed limits beware

Pulling up to the dealer
And what should appear
But a pearl white 2500
2022 the year

The paint how it twinkled
The cummins it purred
This was for sure
The baddest truck ever heard

Signed my life on the x
Climbed into the seat
And with a push of the button
turned on the seat heat.

With my buns all aglow
I put the truck into drive
and bid a fond farewell
to my wife and her ride

As I darted away
I let out a wave
I'd surely be back
for an oil change some day

Merry Cummins-ismas to all
and to all a good night.

IMG_2300.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg
IMG_2299.jpeg
IMG_2301.jpeg
IMG_2302.jpeg
IMG_2308.jpeg
IMG_2309.jpeg
IMG_2307.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2303.jpeg

Last edited:

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Question for anyone who ordered from Granger in Iowa. How’d they deal with the msrp increase? Did they pass it on to you or did they eat it? Can’t seem to get an answer from the dealership or from @zach@granger on here. Haven’t ordered yet, but they’re making me a little nervous.
We will honor price protection. We've had some experience with it, and it's a little bit of a pain to apply for, but I think we have the process down pretty well now.

Last edited:

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
People were stressed
And scurried about
What to my wonder ears should appear
But a call from dealer

I dashed home from Cabo
Speed limits beware

Pulling up to the dealer
And what should appear
But a pearl white 2500
2022 the year

The cummins it purred
This was for sure

Signed my life on the x
Climbed into the seat
turned on the seat heat.

With my buns all aglow
and bid a fond farewell
to my wife and her ride

As I darted away
I let out a wave
I'd surely be back

and to all a good night.

View attachment 28545
View attachment 28546
View attachment 28547
View attachment 28548
View attachment 28549
View attachment 28550
View attachment 28551
View attachment 28552
View attachment 28553
View attachment 28554
That was awesome! Very well done And a very enjoyable read. Super nice truck too.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. It's been a crazy couple days. Couple quick observations.

Truck ordered on 9/6
Built on or around 11/17
Equipment list 11/18
Window sticker 11/19
Ship date unknown
Dropped at El Mirage, AZ rail yard on 11/30
Delivered to dealer 12/16
Delivered to me 12/19

Truck is awesome! Build quality top notch.

It's gonna take some getting used to, it feels "YUGE"! Still fits in the garage which was one of my prerequisites.

Someone asked about the ride quality with the air ride. Not sure I can comment. Just don't have enough experience with the standard 4X4 to be able to tell any difference, and I haven't driven one with the off road Bilstien package.

I can say my F150 FX4 with the 4 corner Bilstien leveling kit road much smoother. I don't want to say nicer, but it was way smoother and absorbed the bumps and road undulations much better. It was great off road too. The 2500 just has a different ride feel to it. I have no doubt it will be enjoyable on long drives pulling the airstream.

The air ride is slick. You can lower the bed to make hooking and unhooking a trailer easier. There is a switch to lower the overall ride height about an 1" when towing. No matter which mode it will level the rear when towing. Sorry, I know you all know all this, but it's exciting and new to me.

Night package is baller. Totally happy with it. the 20' wheels and tires may also contribute to my perceived ride quality. Don't care, they look bad ass.

As far the tech goes...jury is still out.

I know I keep comparing everything to my wife Palisade, but damn, that is one of the best vehicles going right now, and especially when you consider a premium Calligraphy goes for around $50K. The build quality and tech in that car is second to none right now, except maybe the Tesla.

The driver assist items have a LONG way to go compared to what's available now. I understand the limitations and why they are the way they are for now, but come on Ram. They work. They are still helpful and I'm glad I got them at the end of the day.

Big complaint right now is the 12" UConnect 5. What a steaming pile of dog poo. At least in the current version. I'll talk more about that over in that UConnect update thread. But it's safe to say for a $90K truck in 2022 I'd still consider it beta tester quality. It barely works at this point. HUGE disappointment.

I'll also post some pictures over the Camera Options thread.

Getting the PPF and tint done this week, I'll post details in another post

As far as pricing goes...I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal from Mark Dodge, but you know....deal was painless and close to home

To give other some reference for their orders:

Sticker was $87,900
Sticker when I order was $86,520 (my sticker is posted, basically every option but snow plow and 5th wheel)
I was price protected
Affiliate price was $79,576
Got the $500 TrueCar discount
Sales price was $79,076 + TTT
I think it worked out to about 10% below current sticker, little less for sticker at time of order
Not the best but not the worst
They matched the Ziegler Mopar MaxCare quote of $1350 for 8/85
They also matched USAA 1.89% for 63 months. Gonna pay it off within the year so wasn't super concerned about financing.

That's it for now. Hope it helps. Thankful for this thread and this forum. Helped my save some money on the truck for sure, and learned a lot about my new truck. Very helpful.

Last edited:

PD Luke

Reaction score
Not sure what to believe - I was told opposite - hence benefit of Special Orders to increase Dealer thruput and hence more willingness to discount Special Orders. Anyone with inside info care to clarify?
I am not an insider but I asked the small town dealer I bought my 2 previous Ram's from if they had allocation to support a factory order. They told me it didn't matter as it would be considered a sold order and not count against their allocation. They were my first call back in August when I ordered. Being a loyal customer they could offer me 1k above invoice. That was the best offer I had locally. Any of the other dealers that returned my call were at MSRP. One dealer told me I had to come in to talk to the Manager about placing a factory order. They said it was not possible to do this over the phone and email. I ultimately went with Mark Dodge, but still waiting for it to be built.

buzzuti

Reaction score
People were stressed
And scurried about
When what to my wondering ears should appear
But a call from my dealer

I dashed home from Cabo
Speed limits beware

Pulling up to the dealer
And what should appear
But a pearl white 2500
2022 the year

The cummins it purred
This was for sure

Signed my life on the x
Climbed into the seat
turned on the seat heat.

With my buns all aglow
and bid a fond farewell
to my wife and her ride

As I darted away
I let out a wave
I'd surely be back

and to all a good night.

View attachment 28545
View attachment 28546
View attachment 28547
View attachment 28548
View attachment 28549
View attachment 28550
View attachment 28551
View attachment 28552
View attachment 28553
View attachment 28554
Brilliant!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
please take this to PM. What value was this post but filling up the pages? Practice what you preach instead of thinking you are above the rules

At this point, after trying to wrangle cats for 1052 pages, it makes little difference.

It's not the odd OT post here and there that's a problem, it's the multiple pages of endless arguing that are problematic. FWIW, I wrote the rules.

If you have a problem, send me a PM. Or better yet, report the post with a reason other than your foul attitude and we'll take it under consideration.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Hey guys, as you all know, brv10 and ODS have been great in easing the pain. Brv10 actually knew what was up before the dealer and had better more accurate info. Thanks for that.
Well, I got my equipment list today. I’m in JS!

@OfficerDirtySanchez, well in JS and have my equipment sheets. Renae said to call her in a few days for a eta and rail assignment. I’ll keep you informed. Thanks for everything.

PS, @Brutal_HO, you are too cool! Love the way you handle things. I believe you said you were military, it shows. I like it, thanks for all you do.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
At this point, after trying to wrangle cats for 1052 pages, it makes little difference.

It's not the odd OT post here and there that's a problem, it's the multiple pages of endless arguing that are problematic. FWIW, I wrote the rules.

If you have a problem, send me a PM. Or better yet, report the post with a reason other than your foul attitude and we'll take it under consideration.

It's a fine line between meaningful discussion, community, and bickering. I agree to draw the line at bickering. I love the community though. Having been a mod for a Durango forum back in the day, I can say this, never, ever, again. My hats off to anyone who would take on that role.

Still following the spreadsheet, some of the older orders filling in, but I think I'm still the most recent order to take delivery. I do feel guilty about that, but not anything I did, just the luck of Ram scheduling, parts, model, engine, trim, and just plain luck.

Love my truck, but as someone else said, it still feels YUGE. Coming from a 2001 half ton, to be expected. And still learning the tech, trying to get used to the most common things I use on a day to day basis. Climate, phone, media, etc. Still need to clear out a garage stall for it, currently packed with junk and a canoe rack in the front that is no longer used. Have chainsaw, will travel, that will be gone soon enough. I do know this, gonna have to keep a step ladder in the rig to check the oil, deal with tie downs, and get into the bed! I'm just a short, fat, out of shape mountain dwarf after all!

Gotta say this, was nice to hear 'you have a new text message from X
and then pushing the voice recognition button on a whim and saying 'read text message' or some such and sure enough it did! This is all voodoo and magic for an old fart like me!

For the record, I worked with a friend of a friend at Johnsons Auto Plaza in Brighton, Colorado. I paid over invoice, but well below MSRP. Not sure how much the contact helped me in that. But very happy with my experience there. Second vehicle I've bought from them.

My most sincere wishes for a Merry Christmas to you all. Or happy holidays or whatever, if anything makes this time of year special to you. I wish you all health and happiness, and quick delivery of your trucks, or at least timely, factual information on where you are in the process.

--- Grizz

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
It's a fine line between meaningful discussion, community, and bickering. I agree to draw the line at bickering. I love the community though. Having been a mod for a Durango forum back in the day, I can say this, never, ever, again. My hats off to anyone who would take on that role.

Still following the spreadsheet, some of the older orders filling in, but I think I'm still the most recent order to take delivery. I do feel guilty about that, but not anything I did, just the luck of Ram scheduling, parts, model, engine, trim, and just plain luck.

Love my truck, but as someone else said, it still feels YUGE. Coming from a 2001 half ton, to be expected. And still learning the tech, trying to get used to the most common things I use on a day to day basis. Climate, phone, media, etc. Still need to clear out a garage stall for it, currently packed with junk and a canoe rack in the front that is no longer used. Have chainsaw, will travel, that will be gone soon enough. I do know this, gonna have to keep a step ladder in the rig to check the oil, deal with tie downs, and get into the bed! I'm just a short, fat, out of shape mountain dwarf after all!

Gotta say this, was nice to hear 'you have a new text message from X
and then pushing the voice recognition button on a whim and saying 'read text message' or some such and sure enough it did! This is all voodoo and magic for an old fart like me!

For the record, I worked with a friend of a friend at Johnsons Auto Plaza in Brighton, Colorado. I paid over invoice, but well below MSRP. Not sure how much the contact helped me in that. But very happy with my experience there. Second vehicle I've bought from them.

My most sincere wishes for a Merry Christmas to you all. Or happy holidays or whatever, if anything makes this time of year special to you. I wish you all health and happiness, and quick delivery of your trucks, or at least timely, factual information on where you are in the process.

--- Grizz
Like he said, “It’s like wrangling cats”. I guess I have a few OT posts as well but like you, this community is really great and there hasn’t been much bickering or bad attitudes.
I really like hearing about everyone’s trucks and living vicariously through folks like you who went from a 2001 to a 2022. Pretty great.
I sure hope you keep posting your experience with your new ride. Actually seems like orders are getting handled faster nowadays. It sucks that a couple guys seem to be left out. Hang in there you guys. Seems it’ll happen soon.

Users who are viewing this thread