Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Shootist

Reaction score
Question: I’m not sure anyone here may know, but I had to ask. What is the build time on the 1500s like, specifically the EcoDiesel? My mom is in the market.

Has anyone seen another room with this topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had one ordered and it came last week. 5 months

40j

Reaction score
So I ordered a 3500 big horn Cc 6'4" Oct 21 was modified Oct 23. l text my dealer today and asked if I had a rough build date or a Vin to add to the spreadsheet. He replied with "they emailed me seeing if you still wanted it, it should be building shortly" think he was dangling the carrot a bit but he didn't give me a Vin is there a way I can get it myself? So I can start bugging ram chat.

franko

Reaction score
So I ordered a 3500 big horn Cc 6'4" Oct 21 was modified Oct 23. l text my dealer today and asked if I had a rough build date or a Vin to add to the spreadsheet. He replied with "they emailed me seeing if you still wanted it, it should be building shortly" think he was dangling the carrot a bit but he didn't give me a Vin is there a way I can get it myself? So I can start bugging ram chat.
That certainly sounds fishy to me. I had a von the day I ordered and a vin in two days.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
@LeeIacocca
Nice!
Hey, I have a quick question on the bedcover if it's a HF650M-do you know the actual part number?
Because I ordered the HF650M from Leer directly using the "Find My Truck" list for short bed, no R box, etc., and somehow they sent PN 650137, sez fits 09-18. Did their contact us last week and that guy told me this is wrong one; I need #650299. Trying to get them to send a call tag, as I was their screwup and I shouldn't be on the hook for a large shipping bill, but since then they've gone radio silent, even after 3 attempts to contact. No phone # on the website whatsoever, their customer service sucks!
Truck is supposed to be here in a couple weeks, and i really wanted cover on B4 snow..
I ordered Leer part number 650137. 2022 short bed without Ram Box.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Where are you guys coming up with the idea of a new cab design on the 2023 HD models?
I have seen nothing that would suggest this happening!
Just been hearing things and they have it for the 1500 already and they say they’re going to do the true 5th gen cab in the HD. You could see stuff about it on YouTube. Also while checking that there’s a 2018 Ram 3500, all badging is hidden and we’re not supposed to know it’s a Ram. This has the ZF 8speed Powerline Transmission with the Cummins. Also I spoke with one of the guys that helped engineer the Allison 9speed tranny for the Ram/Cummins. So that rumore is bound to come through one day.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
may not make the changes in 23. hopefully someone can chime in that works for ram and let sus know but last I heard was it was pushed due to shortages and the production issuesay not happen till 25. that's also why I ordered a 22.
I heard that too. I couldn’t wait any more so I ordered my ‘22. Hopefully they do the new mods in the next 3-4 years and I’ll order a new one then.

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
I ordered Leer part number 650137. 2022 short bed without Ram Box.
And it fit no problem? I heard bed is carryover from previous Gen., but trying to research what the updated PN the Rep gave me makes my brain hurt.
Last thing I wanna do is unbox this thing and then find out it doesn't fit.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score

I think Ram Chat may be been where I got my Vin from first anyway. they should be able to find you with your name and VON

ACEd

Reaction score
On another note. I ordered and was charged for pearl coat white. That sure looks pretty flat work truck white to me???

I was expecting it to look like my wife’s pearl coat white on her Palisade.

Maybe it’s just the pics?
Pearl white is very subtle. You have to see it next to plain white to distinguish. Its not overpowering pearl lustre like so many Japanese car pearl white variants. Personally i like mine better than those

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Pearl white is very subtle. You have to see it next to plain white to distinguish. Its not overpowering pearl lustre like so many Japanese car pearl white variants. Personally i like mine better than those

Thank you. I’m good with that. Just wanted a little pop to accent the night edition.

Tyadcock

Reaction score
So the dealer I ordered from just sent me a message telling me my original order showed up today. Longhorn Hemi 2500 mega cab ordered June 26. It was built on 11/27 I believe someone told me. Took less than 3 weeks to ship to dealer. Things are FINALLY speeding up. Unfortunately it was too little too late as I just bought one off another dealer. Kinda glad it worked out the way I did. Ended up with the cummins and REALLY like it. A lot more than I thought I would. Definitely worth the extra 10k!

Attachments

• image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 66

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
No room for winch-taken up by heat exchangers; Bigger radiator, trans cooler, charge air intercooler for diesel, for one.

Add to that another 600 pounds over the front axle and almost triple the input torque. Not sure the added weight of the diesel and it’s related equipment would be beneficial off-road, and the entire driveline (diffs, lockers, etc) would have to be substantially upgraded to withstand the added power. I once thought a Cummins PowerWagon would be cool too, but once you get down to the nuts and bolts it just doesn’t make sense.

gator6

Reaction score
No room for winch-taken up by heat exchangers; Bigger radiator, trans cooler, charge air intercooler for diesel, for one.

Hmm, I keep forgetting they put that winch in that area. I just put mine in a thick TX bumper.

Tyadcock

Reaction score
So if anyone is interested in a longhorn hemi mega cab with bed cover, bed step, off road, body color bumper, limited level 1... and don't mind buying a truck in Oklahoma then give Joel a call at Fowler Dodge. Tell him Ty sent ya! 405-645-9269

Tyadcock

Reaction score
Here is the website showing the info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-204429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211217-204429_Chrome.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread