Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jtwes

Reaction score
Dealership texted me and said the rail car was in Stoneville NC about 30 Mins by rail to final Train stop in Winston Salem NC . I don’t think there’s a NorthFolk station in Stoneville so it must be just passing through. That was at 2pm today so I assume it’s in Winston finally. Oh ps Ram chat today said it was ready to leave the factory. Goodness

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
No May, June or July builds from the tracking sheet for the past two days and today. They were doing a few a day...

No May, June or July builds from the tracking sheet for the past two days and today. They were doing a few a day...

My June 21st order was just built. I received an email with a link to my equipment listing. Built on 12/15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
I am in the same boat lol.. watching nov and December builds mega cab HO.. I do feel sorry for the early guys… looking at dealer inventories with vins 190+ Just ups the blood pressure lol… my production and ship dates have moved twice. I now have a 1/6 ship date but it does not mean anything. Had 11/30 build date then 12/23 ship… just glad to be d1. I used to check the sheet every morning to see if my build sheet populated… I just quit looking and will wait for dealer to call…

So I’m in the opposite situation, I ordered in November with intent on waiting 4 - 5 months before delivery to liquidate some stuff prior to financing. I was informed it’s easier to finance while you’re IN the military vice retired from it, because of the questions about employment/disability.

I don’t understand why newer trucks are being pushed ahead of the older ones. I’ve read a lot of your posts regarding package changes (A/B to C/D), NE and Power Mirror availability, as well as other issues that have come up this fall. The build process has those codes that state that parts are being gathered, have been gathered, yada yada… but I wonder how if parts have been gathered (D1 I think) how they haven’t reached the D2 status (truck going to be built).

I can be WAY OFF BASE, but it sounds to me like a prioritization issue ( that is obvious) that occurred way back where some of your trucks were put on the back burner while fleet orders were fulfilled, and then parts became an issue hence the shift in packages. But, even that doesn’t make much sense because we’re told that the price from the factory can vary on what we had discussed with our salesperson. That should leave the factory the ability to patchwork together older builds using newer package contents…but why the hang up?

MrTaz

Reaction score
Hi, all ordered my 22 3500 limited, with Rambox and HO Cummins on 11/14/21. Just good word today that the expected ship date is 1/30/2022. Coming from a 2008 F350 CCLB 6.4 Powerstroke.
My expected shipping date was two days ago and it's still KZLD. Good thing I never believed them for a moment. If I had I might be a little upset.

gator6

Reaction score
Question: I’m not sure anyone here may know, but I had to ask. What is the build time on the 1500s like, specifically the EcoDiesel? My mom is in the market.

Has anyone seen another room with this topic?

jambram

Reaction score
My June 21st order was just built. I received an email with a link to my equipment listing. Built on 12/15

Congrats! I didn't see it on the tracking sheet and can't get it to come up on the fca or jeep website. Interesting. We ordered the same day and i didn't get an email...still waiting...:D

CJM

Reaction score
You know if you’re going to re-order you may, if you can, wait till June or July for the ‘23. You’ll get the true gen 5 cab.

2022 2500 Limited Cummins. First Ram. First diesel. Over under on how long before I order a 2023 New Cab Gen 5 3500 HO…

Where are you guys coming up with the idea of a new cab design on the 2023 HD models?
I have seen nothing that would suggest this happening!

rossagge

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant. Just frustrated with the whole process. I've since deleted everything and I apologize.
What's funny is this thread is cyclical. If you go back hundreds of pages, lots of the same thing. Guys frustrated, guys telling others to chill and wait...everyone in the same boat. Haha. But it sucks to place an order prior to production start and then have many trucks built and delivered after yours. Thinking you have "first come, first serve" status. Unfortunately that's not the case. Been there. No rhyme or reason for who's or what gets built. No worries!

gator6

Reaction score
What's funny is this thread is cyclical. If you go back hundreds of pages, lots of the same thing. Guys frustrated, guys telling others to chill and wait...everyone in the same boat. Haha. But it sucks to place an order prior to production start and then have many trucks built and delivered after yours. Thinking you have "first come, first serve" status. Unfortunately that's not the case. Been there. No rhyme or reason for who's or what gets built. No worries!

Haha, I don’t doubt you one bit. That’s what we say about advancement in the Navy, “no rhyme or reason to it…it’s all timing”

rossagge

Reaction score
Question: I’m not sure anyone here may know, but I had to ask. What is the build time on the 1500s like, specifically the EcoDiesel? My mom is in the market.

Has anyone seen another room with this topic?

Yeah, I looked into it a couple months ago. Wanted a Back Country for the wife. Mentioned it to Sandi at MD and she said they are in the same boat. Long wait times. I hit up the 5thGen Rams site. Same over there.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Nothing but pouring rain since I picked it up but here are some pics. I put my Leer bed cover on in the rain this afternoon. I will provide interior pics and better truck pics when I can leave the doors open more than 5 seconds, I promise. The digital rear view ROCKS! Special thanks go out to all on here that comment and help, and @brv10 @OfficerDirtySanchez !
6DD6BA01-80F4-46BD-9DF9-D92E1073D73E.jpegE85A5B8A-F469-455D-94BD-5A0BCC4F45F9.jpeg71C4DDCA-D2EB-4846-B428-FBAE0DCC99C0.jpeg

Last edited:

gator6

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked into it a couple months ago. Wanted a Back Country for the wife. Mentioned it to Sandi at MD and she said they are in the same boat. Long wait times. I hit up the 5thGen Rams site. Same over there.

I appreciate it! That’s what I was thinking, just didn’t want to tell her five months and it take less than three like some of these Hemis that are being delivered.

She’s looking at a Southwest Edition Laramie

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I know it is a past issue here, but the ram charger ireless charging pad in the Laramie is part of the Bucket seats option, not Level A or B equipment group.
I have buckets and don’t have it

rossagge

Reaction score
Nothing but pouring rain since I picked it up but here are some pics. I put my Leer bed cover on in the rain this afternoon.
View attachment 28207View attachment 28208
Funny. My order I just took delivery of is the first vehicle, car/truck/motorcycle in prob 10yrs that I didn't drive/ride home in the rain. Well sorta...it did rain on me west of Mason, TX, so I guess technically the streak continues! Haha! Still looks good wet!

AJ608

Reaction score
Ordered mine from Sandi at Mark Dodge .. Saved about $9500 vs local and so far a very pleasant experience. Local dealers didn't care if I bought anything or not, especially when I told them I wanted to order a truck... 14hr drive to go get it but well worth the savings.

3500 Dually, with pretty much everything but sunroof and diesel

rossagge

Reaction score
I appreciate it! That’s what I was thinking, just didn’t want to tell her five months and it take less than three like some of these Hemis that are being delivered.

She’s looking at a Southwest Edition Laramie

That would be a good thing. I want to say things are ramping up. Seeing more and more trucks built in shorter times, but you never know if more delays will come this next year.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Just an FYI! I know there are many a frustrated member on this Forum regarding the timing of their build, I too got frustrated every now and then wondering why mine seem to be lost in the mix. However, what many fail to understand is FCA, RAMChat, folks who work at the Assembly Plant and other employees associated with these trucks monitor this Forum as well. If you feel you need to complain, name call, harass, talk bad or down these individuals don't expect them to kindly move your build to the head of the line. There are many wonderful people on this Forum who will bend over backwards to help answer any questions you may have. Being kind goes a long way......

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Congrats! I didn't see it on the tracking sheet and can't get it to come up on the fca or jeep website. Interesting. We ordered the same day and i didn't get an email...still waiting...:D

Yeah, @OfficerDirtySanchez said he couldn’t see it either. Usually, it seems to be the other way around, haha
56bbedd526ae81e946ea9d103945a36b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread