Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
Beautiful Truck! But why does Ram insist on putting those ugly shark fin antennas between the clearance lights and not centered on at back of cab like they use to be?
Really messes with my OCD! lol I guess they are saving money on 3 foot of wire! lol

3 feet over a few hundred thousand trucks… might save a couple bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owdiss78

Reaction score
Beautiful Truck! But why does Ram insist on putting those ugly shark fin antennas between the clearance lights and not centered on at back of cab like they use to be?
Really messes with my OCD! lol I guess they are saving money on 3 foot of wire! lol

I was told by a dealer few years ago that it was because people pulling big 5thwheel campers complained loosing signal when towing. How true idk but I have heard it more then once that why the HD trucks have it ths5 way and half tons don’t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blowenblu

Reaction score
3 feet over a few hundred thousand trucks… might save a couple bucks

Your right, all about the money. But OMG do they ever look out of place! Perfectly designed trucks w/ antennas in wrong place! lol :eek::eek:

rossagge

Reaction score
How does it ride compared to your 2500? Significantly worse?
No. Not significantly. It is a bit rougher and I can feel the weight more, but not uncomfortable. I think the air bags help. However, the tire pressures in the rear are at 80psi, fronts at 65psi. Was delivered that way and I didn't air then down, so I know it would ride better with lower psi in the rear. Gonna air the rears down today. Overall, even at those pressures, on the long stretch it was smooth and tracked straight at 80mph. Not the slightest disappointed or wanting more outta this 3500.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
Your right, all about the money. But OMG do they ever look out of place! Perfectly designed trucks w/ antennas in wrong place! lol :eek::eek:

Worked with enough aircraft to just overlook antennas. As long as they don’t put a ship mast on my truck To mount them I’m fine.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
There's also the possibility RAM engineers know a thing or two, like some owners will drop a truck camper in the bed and the overhang will block the antenna.
I was told by a dealer few years ago that it was because people pulling big 5thwheel campers complained loosing signal when towing. How true idk but I have heard it more then once that why the HD trucks have it ths5 way and half tons don’t

1639749688400.png

You all make great points. But it still looks really bad from front view. LOL (just my opinion)
Come on Mopar engineers step it up a notch. I'm #1 Mopar Fan I know you can do it!
Even Fords antennas would look much nicer between the clearance lights. At least both theirs match.

gator6

Reaction score
Just dropped off the Pacifica for an oil change at our local dealer, no DRWs on the lot. We took a look at a 2500 Laramie NE listed at $78k, MSRP. A salesman popped out and I was trying to walk off while he did his thing, and we got to talking about my build and why they lost over MSRP… came around to a TRX and my wife commented on the $71k price tag, he said that’s one is actually on sale for $103k.

MrTaz

Reaction score
The 2021 1500 that I have now has it on the back center of the cab and it looks much better.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Just dropped off the Pacifica for an oil change at our local dealer, no DRWs on the lot. We took a look at a 2500 Laramie NE listed at $78k, MSRP. A salesman popped out and I was trying to walk off while he did his thing, and we got to talking about my build and why they lost over MSRP… came around to a TRX and my wife commented on the $71k price tag, he said that’s one is actually on sale for $103k.

What does the "NE" stand for?

gator6

Reaction score
Saw it for myself, Laramie with the Ram Charger installed. Odd how that’s not listed on the Ram Builder site.

Users who are viewing this thread