Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
Woot, LBs unite!
I'm guessing the Granite Crystal Metallic is the most popular color. The majority of what the dealers order for stock is that color, along with white and black. It will be interesting to see what effect that has on resale value for that color of truck.

Linked4door

Reaction score
For those members who have taken delivery of their new 2500/3500 did the truck come from factory with Bed Rail Caps? Trying to decide if I need to order these along with my Tonneau Cover for extra protection to the bed rails.
I am pretty sure they come standard. the bed rails look like swiss cheese when they are removed as they are mounted by plastic clips not just glue. I doubt ram is making different bed sides for trucks with and with out rail caps.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Hopefully we both can hitch a ride quickly. Does yours have any kind of ship date?
I only wish I had a ship date. I ordered 10/28 and I'm still in D. I only have hope that yours needs the extra vehicle to fill the train and I'm lucky enough to get built quickly. Probably not, but one can hope.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I am pretty sure they come standard. the bed rails look like swiss cheese when they are removed as they are mounted by plastic clips not just glue. I doubt ram is making different bed sides for trucks with and with out rail caps.
Not sure I understand the Swiss Cheese comment? Am I assuming it means the bed rails will look like swiss cheese because of the glue used to seat the bed caps to the rails? Not interested in removing them if they are already present, but if they do not come with the truck I want to order them before I put on my Tonneau Cover.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Not sure I understand the Swiss Cheese comment? Am I assuming it means the bed rails will look like swiss cheese because of the glue used to seat the bed caps to the rails? Not interested in removing them if they are already present, but if they do not come with the truck I want to order them before I put on my Tonneau Cover.
Swiss Cheese:
XmQifBBJ6K0ZS5WmxMgGXZRGRqDBH-JQj82CrHcVvxZlxXLGyw_YWOeCTOk5VKSh4DzmO-UW2GDEd5-bdZGOv92EbndZ_7LiqdpQm6kAdutmgO5U

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
The plastic bed rails are necessary because the sheet metal underneath is an unfinished product. You’ll see the pinch welds and holes for the bed rail cap retaining clips. It’s not like other truck beds where the tops of the bed rails are smooth sheet metal, and plastic caps are an accessory item.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Wow, just got this. Finally!
Thank you for your recent order of a 2022 RAM! We are excited to welcome you to the RAM family!

We are working to ensure your vehicle is built and delivered to the highest quality, and arrives to you as soon as possible. Once a delivery date has been established for your new Ram HD we will reach back out to you.

In preparation for your new driving experience please visit: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-garage/select-vehicle.html

Here you can access important information and videos about your new vehicle and register to create your personalized vehicle dashboard.

If you have any questions regarding your order please contact your dealership.

To make things easier and for your reference, here is your Vehicle Identification Number:
3C6UR5NL9NG156510
Thank you for being a part of the RAM family and congratulations
Best wishes,
The RAM Brand
I got the same one at about the same time.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Adding factory remote start to a tradesmen? So i ordered a 22 3500 6.7 tradesmen and they were unable to order it with remote start. They told me they could install a oem remote start at the dealership when the truck comes in for 600. How come they couldn't just order remote start? I ran into this with my 2020 1500 classic also that i ordered

tnpete

Reaction score
How do you know when the tank is full? It shuts off? Still buying by the box.
When it shuts off. Do not add more, thats when you get into trouble. People just keep putting it in. Until its about to run out the top. 2.5 gallon jug puts mine above 3/4 tank. I had a little over 1/4 tank at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread