Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

22limited

Reaction score
Dealer said my truck is D1 but didn’t tell me a build date can someone help me find out a date NG181118 Thanks in advance

Rampingup

Reaction score
Are you sure DEF tank is only 5 gal - my 2015 got about 5000 miles to 1/4 DEF tank and that was about 2 gal to full. (8 gal?)
On my 2020 1500 I let the low DEF light come on and it took 2 jugs of DEF @ 2.5 gal ea. Maybe other years/models had different size tank.

matemike

Reaction score
Have to go into Uconnect under vehicle settings and select the option for the mirror mounted lights to come on with the cargo light. Once this is checked, you turn on your cargo light and they’ll come on too. Cargo light is the lower half of the round button on the left side of the dash. Upper switch is fog light lower switch is cargo light

Edit: the mirror mounted reverse lights will automatically shut off if the truck is put into forward gear, however the cargo light will remain lit. You have to remember to shut it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there no way to make those mirror reverse lights come on automatically when truck is put in reverse without fooling with the cargo light button? Seems like a waste of feature if you have to manually use it. Gah I sound so petty and modernized.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there no way to make those mirror reverse lights come on automatically when truck is put in reverse without fooling with the cargo light button? Seems like a waste of feature if you have to manually use it. Gah I sound so petty and modernized.

I don’t think so. I haven’t found a way as of yet.

I thought the same thing…I was under the assumption that you could set them up to automatically turn on when the truck was put into reverse but so far that doesn’t seem to be the case.

My thought was they made this be an intentional thing because if the brightness of these lights. If you’re behind the truck looking directly at them they are blinding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnabout

Reaction score
After following this thread for almost 6 months and being envious of the build sheets, window stickers and deliveries of other members, I can finally say my build sheet for a 6/23 order posted yesterday.
The ride isn’t over yet but I’ve enjoyed absorbing all of the knowledge, humor, frustration and comradely of the almost 20,000 posts.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
OK! I'm getting ready to get a phone call from my dealer (I Hope) to come get my brand new 2022 Big Horn 2500 6.4L Gasser. From reading thousands of post on this forum it looks as if the engineers involved in building these have left nothing behind. However, our Members are the tests of the final product and know these trucks inside and out. This is my first RAM truck so I'm hoping I get a truck 100% ready for the next 10 years. However, as with any automobile, there are things I can do to help prolong my investment. Outside of a good Ceramic Coating, additional Undercoating/Rustproofing and window tinting what should I be thinking about as additional protection, or items i can purchase that will compliment this purchase. I'm not talking about Lift Kits, Tires/Wheels, but something we as actual owners would like to see RAM incorporate into the build that we can currently purchase Aftermarket.

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
A good sun visor if you’re going to park it outside
A bug deflector
mud flaps or splash guards
not sure if you got the 12” screen, but a screen protector
Seat covers
Steering wheel cover
Full truck cover

Hell, just buy a battery tender and fuel stabilizer, rent a climate controlled enclosed storage unit and leave it parked there until needed. That’s what I used to do when I worked offshore a month on/month off at a time.

Last edited:

J-J

Reaction score
OK! I'm getting ready to get a phone call from my dealer (I Hope) to come get my brand new 2022 Big Horn 2500 6.4L Gasser. From reading thousands of post on this forum it looks as if the engineers involved in building these have left nothing behind. However, our Members are the tests of the final product and know these trucks inside and out. This is my first RAM truck so I'm hoping I get a truck 100% ready for the next 10 years. However, as with any automobile, there are things I can do to help prolong my investment. Outside of a good Ceramic Coating, additional Undercoating/Rustproofing and window tinting what should I be thinking about as additional protection, or items i can purchase that will compliment this purchase. I'm not talking about Lift Kits, Tires/Wheels, but something we as actual owners would like to see RAM incorporate into the build that we can currently purchase Aftermarket.
First things to get are to remove the stock fuel filter housing and water separator and replace them with blackmarket performance housing with Cat filters.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Smalltown

Reaction score
I put a rough country bed mat in and cut a hole in the center for the 5th wheel ball. I use an Andersen hitch. I had to order a 5/8 - 11 3=1/4" Grade 8 bolt to replace the top bolt on the hitch. The 1/4" mat made the stock bolt a hair too short.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Able to get some good pics with the updated look. Picked truck up on tues and just rolled 100 miles. Such a beast of a truck. Current mods are power wagon coil springs (2" lift), Bilstein shocks, 20x9 +20 Fuel Siege Wheels, 295/65R20 Toyo AT3, Recon Smoked White Led Cab Lights, Boost Auto Switchback mirror lights, Retroshop Front Grille letters and tailgate badge, Red TRX Start Button, Debadged sides and tailgate. Window tint and ceramic coating will be done next week.
Loving this truck! The interior is top notch. Ford or Chevy cant hold a candle to the look and design of these trucks.

View attachment 27694
View attachment 27693
Did you happen to have these tires on before you lifted truck? If so did they rub?

rampulse

Reaction score
Going to cancel my current order...taking y'alls recommendation and going through MD. They are quoting me $12k below what San Diego was giving me. I'm only week out from ordering and my dealer decided to go to Belize for 3 weeks vaca...

Good idea. I checked them all out myself out here and got the same numbers as you. I went with Mark Dodge and I’m looking forward to the trip back to San Diego across the southwest. The best thing about Mark is they have the great price and the allocation available as well. Now I just have to figure out which dealer I will go with for service out here if needed.

Reactions: J-J

xDROPOUTx

Reaction score
Question!!! Have the Build Sheet, but no window sticker. Reached out to Ram and they said the truck is built waiting at a vendor for optional equipment to be installed. Anyone else have this done? How long did is sit at the outside vendor to have the equipment installed? Got the build sheet 4 days ago with no window sticker yet! Thanks Y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread