Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) going to 0, meaning the soot is getting burnt out during regen like it should, not DEF-the fluid in the tank. According to the pic on last page, i guess you can check the theoretical soot load in filter (there's pressure sensors pre & post filter that measure that). But the recall question pertains to something like the EPA granted diesel manufacturers a waiver to sell vehicles with an emissions component missing due to none being available (SCR temp sensor? Or possibly pressure? Something like that). With the plans on installing them at a later date.
And props to Ram for having a DEF gauge!! It's the little things..

Exactly.

And yes having a gauge to actual monitor soot load in the DPF was an excellent addition. It’s nice to be able to monitor all truck functions while using it. Sharp eyes on accurate gauges can catch problems well before they strand you on the side of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossagge

Reaction score
I originally ordered these...
GRID Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestEmail Page to a Friend

GD07​

Bronze w/Black Lip​

But NOT IN STOCK and NO ETA

Settled for these..

Ultra Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestEmail Page to a Friend

BUTCHER 8-LUG​

Bronze w/Black Lip​

The GD07 color look close to MTN BRN. Not to keen on that lip though. Butcher looks good. Wish the color was darker like the GD07. What color is your truck?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The GD07 color look close to MTN BRN. Not to keen on that lip though. Butcher looks good. Wish the color was darker like the GD07. What color is your truck?

Not being picky…but just for accuracy, If you’re referring to the brown lower portion of a two tone longhorn I believe the color is actually called R/V Match Walnut Brown. “mountain brown” is the name of the brown interior trim for one of the longhorn interior options, as well as one of the Laramie interior options.

Rampingup

Reaction score
I think he's talking about the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) going to 0, meaning the soot is getting burnt out during regen like it should, not DEF-the fluid in the tank. According to the pic on last page, i guess you can check the theoretical soot load in filter (there's pressure sensors pre & post filter that measure that). But the recall question pertains to something like the EPA granted diesel manufacturers a waiver to sell vehicles with an emissions component missing due to none being available (SCR temp sensor? Or possibly pressure? Something like that). With the plans on installing them at a later date.
And props to Ram for having a DEF gauge!! It's the little things..
My bad, I missunderstood

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
I’m talking about the DPF gauge. Not the DEF gauge.
“Empty” DPF gauge should indicate your emissions system is working properly. An empty DEF gauge will mean you’re about to go to limp mode

Oh, I thought dpf have indicated when it would do a regen on the filter (aka hot gas bypass and burn it off)

Rampingup

Reaction score
I've got the eco diesel, but moving up to the Cummins. I've never heard of DPF gauge on mine. How do you get it to show up? Is it on the Eco Diesel? Inquiring minds want to know.

rossagge

Reaction score
Not being picky…but just for accuracy, If you’re referring to the brown lower portion of a two tone longhorn I believe the color is actually called R/V Match Walnut Brown. “mountain brown” is the name of the brown interior trim for one of the longhorn interior options, as well as one of the Laramie interior options.

Ah...I should know. Haha. Yes, Walnut BRN is what I meant. Got shades all mixed up in my head reading all the posts. Haha. Thx!

Rampingup

Reaction score
Just got off the phone from my dealership. I tried to find out if my D status has changed since I checked in 3 weeks ago. Not any change with the truck, but my salesman who was one of the managers isn't their any more. Now I'm working with another sales manager. I'm getting a sickly feeling in my gut. Hope I don't wait 3 months to get jacked around like some here are getting.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks on a truck with less then 500 miles. Cummins seems to always have issues with water pumps. They had a recall on 4th gens. My 3rd Gen 5.9 ate pumps like crazy. Had to carry one in the truck with at all times.
I travel a lot on the interstate. Had to replace a water pump on a hotel parking lot more then once.
Hope they take care of you.

Edit: Oops, just remembered yours is a Hemi lol.

The bad part about a 6.4 water pump is the intake having to come off, not happy with that,never had a car engine opened up that I didn't want open, certainly not a new one.

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Exactly.

And yes having a gauge to actual monitor soot load in the DPF was an excellent addition. It’s nice to be able to monitor all truck functions while using it. Sharp eyes on accurate gauges can catch problems well before they strand you on the side of the road.

Had a Customer over the summer with a diesel Mercedes GL that didn't really believe it that the warning message counting down "No restart in 4,3,2,1... starts" would actually be something bad.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The problem with that is it cost you your deposit if you cancel from them. They are not refunding deposits if you cancel, even though they will make more money when the truck arrives and they sale it to someone else. When I canceled my first order and reordered from someone else I was already a $1,000 down before I started my second truck order with a new dealer
Because the dealers get penalized

cmh2007

Reaction score
I brought up the MSRP price increase with Aaron at Mark Dodge as we were arranging to go pick up our truck this week. He responded that they would fight RAM over that increase and told me not to worry: the price we agreed to back when they finally got pricing (not when I ordered, because prices were not out on some options then) and signed updated docs was the price I would pay. The only change was the $500 off True Car discount coupon that I used courtesy of this forum.
Somehow i missed this truecar discount. Mind sharing? Ill be getting my power wagon in January

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

dperry149

Reaction score
The bad part about a 6.4 water pump is the intake having to come off, not happy with that,never had a car engine opened up that I didn't want open, certainly not a new one.
That does suck. I had a brand new Dakota one time that needed new lifters after 1000 miles. I was not happy. But it turned out ok in the end. Ran like a champ for a long time.

dperry149

Reaction score
Goal post moved again.
Now estimated delivery is 12/10 - 12/20!
I'm starting to feel the pain.......

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
FYI - Looks like the code refreshes monthly

View attachment 27455
Truecar Information Above
1639164983910.pngSomehow i missed this truecar discount. Mind sharing? Ill be getting my power wagon in January

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Page 945 for Link to Truecar discount. Just tap in the link and it will take you to page to enter your email address, they will send you coupon code. Prob need to wait until Jan 1 to do it though as I think it expires every month.

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score

BenCummins

Reaction score
The problem with that is it cost you your deposit if you cancel from them. They are not refunding deposits if you cancel, even though they will make more money when the truck arrives and they sale it to someone else. When I canceled my first order and reordered from someone else I was already a $1,000 down before I started my second truck order with a new dealer
Without diving into contract laws, this isn’t entirely true. If you and the dealer agree on the pricing, you enter into contract by giving them the deposit . Offer, consideration and acceptance. When the truck comes in and they (the slimy dealer) have a new price they want you to pay, that cancels the original contract. That starts the offer, consideration acceptance process all over. At that point the dealer has no integrity and you have a right to your deposit if you refuse the new offer.

If you cancel it then you’re screwed. Of course it goes without saying there are many factors that affect this and you should always be careful what you sign and get agreements in writing.

Users who are viewing this thread