Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

owdiss78

Reaction score
I think they meant closing the plant for general orders. If they do that and just concentrate on the custom orders then maybe they could get caught up on all of our orders. There are over 600 of us on the spreadsheet alone. Imagine how many others are out there waiting as well, on second thought, I don’t want to.

Oh trust me I’ve thought about that as well if there is 120,000 trucks already ordered for 2022 then we are all a very small percentage. But there is only around 200 of us that don’t have a build sheet so really we need them to just give us part of one shift to knock ours out lol

Familyman7280

Reaction score
Oh trust me I’ve thought about that as well if there is 120,000 trucks already ordered for 2022 then we are all a very small percentage. But there is only around 200 of us that don’t have a build sheet so really we need them to just give us part of one shift to knock ours out lol
Lol. Yep I’m down.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Trust me I didn’t want to give them anything. But my new dealer won’t give me hard numbers on my trade nor a timeline . My new truck has been in d 6-7 weeks . It’s a catch 22. Buy my original and pay $8k freaking more . Or lose out on it and wait for the new truck and find out that my trade is worth even less and pay the same $ or more for it . I’m sure something will happen Friday . Probably get stolen off the lot or a meteor hits it.
Yeah for some reason when you tell us a meteor hit it I for one won’t be surprised. I do think your playing it smart. In 5 months the trade in will likely be even less. Totally understand.
But I’m pissed. I read one of the posts about the dealers having a tough time. Yeah life’s hard right now. But being a slimeball and down right dishonest is BS and there is NO excuse! I built my construction business on honesty AND integrity and would not lower my morals for any reason and life is tough in my industry too. It’s called life. No excuse for that BS.
BTW. A decent salesperson at a decent dealership in a good area makes over 6 figures and the GM and owner make a boatload. So I can’t harbor remorse for the poor dealer. So cry me a river. I don’t want to hear it. Bad dealers suck!

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
Only 200 of us without a build sheet who are graciously putting our info on the tracker. I think we are only a fraction of the custom orders as well.

BTW, just a funny here: I'm waiting on the guy to say he ordered, zone 123- Honolulu, ship date Feb 29th, 2022, train car XYZ123

I think I'll get my truck before he gets his :p

owdiss78

Reaction score
So did the math real fast our 700 trucks puts us all at little over .5% of the 2022 orders. So we are very small percentage of people ordered and waiting

Just sucks goi g to your ordering dealer and see a long horn and a limited both Ho ordered after mine one by 2 weeks and one by 3.5 weeks and they are delivered and to the customer. I asked the dealer wth and they said we have tried to get answers and we have no info why your order is being skipped!!!! I aske ramchat and I get a controls number few weeks ago and not a single email yet to have any answers at all

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
You know, it is exactly as I read on this site a month ago, it is a tough time for dealers right now, but also buyers, sellers, builders, the parts and manuf, deliverers, service dept, everyone. I sadly think for the dealers that they are going to be the middle man during these times and be the first to suffer and last to recover. Look at carvana and true car. You literally order a vehicle as if it were on Amazon. Delivered to you door step. Dealers are being what we call “slimy” because they are trying to do what they need to survive. All political stuff aside, let’s keep the thread on track.
Yep sorry, I disagree with they’re trying to do what they have to survive. Slimy is slimy. Dishonest is dishonest. Nobody told them they have to act in such a manner. That’s why people disparage the moniker ‘car salesman’ because some, perhaps many, are ‘slimy’. Many are awesome and I personally will drive or fly just to work with someone I can trust. I won’t go across the street to work with a slimeball. I went to Mark Dodge in Louisiana instead of right here in Douglas County Colorado not just because of the deal but because the sales manager of my local Ram dealer was a dick.

Last edited:

blackshoesblackhat

Reaction score
Email from Ram Customer Care is delivery window 12/19 - 12/27 to Southern California
This journey is almost over!!
Now just need to see what I can get for my 2019

Linked4door

Reaction score
So did the math real fast our 700 trucks puts us all at little over .5% of the 2022 orders. So we are very small percentage of people ordered and waiting
The fact we are such a small percentage and still have so many early orders with no movement is even more concerning. Just think how many others with May/June orders with no movement there are in total.

Disclaimer:
I never took statistics in school but I have stayed in a holiday Inn once.

matemike

Reaction score
Yep sorry, I disagree with their trying to do what they have to survive. Slimy is slimy. Dishonest is dishonest. Nobody told them they have to act in such a manner. That’s why people disparage the moniker ‘car salesman’ because some, perhaps many, are ‘slimy’. Many are awesome and I personally will drive or fly just to work with someone I can trust. I won’t go across the street to work with a slimeball. I went to Mark Dodge in Louisiana instead of right here in Douglas County Colorado not just because of the deal but because the sales manager of my local Ram dealer was a dick.
1000% agree. I had a check list. I'm not an average customer (probably like many of us here in this thread). My closest dealer had nothing on the lot and I, as well as they, knew it. Yet, they still let me test drive a HD truck to check size in my garage and whatnot. I wanted to work with them. But when I came back from test drive I found the scanned copies of my license and insurance sitting on the lobby coffee table for anyone around to look at/take. On top of that nonsense, they appraised my trade in, and took 5 days, 4 phone calls to give me a trade in value. !?! Not professional. I calmed down over a day or two then inquired about building and ordering through them and they got me back in there with all kinds of positive vibes. After another half day spent there they took my order, but said their allotment is so low that chrysler motor group probably won't "pick it up" from them until early 2022. This was back in September BTW. So Again, they wasted my time.

My second closest dealer, who I also wanted to work with, found three trucks within a 150 mile radius that filled all my check boxes. But they wanted a +$5,000 market adjustment to get the truck shipped to them to then sell it to me. When I declined that option and said "well I'll just go to that dealer in person, where is it?" they basically told me they won't disclose that info and said to go find it myself. They were clearly not willing to help me, only wanting to help themselves. I found those 3 trucks via VINs within a couple hours after getting back home and they had all already been sold anyway.

So I here I am, another custom order from MD waiting in line. Gonna be perfect!

rockman88

Reaction score
So, I ordered my truck on Saturday and got my vin and updated POC yesterday. Knowing that I have a nice long wait ahead of me, I figured I'd put some reminders on my calendar to check status. Reading though this thread, I think I'm just going to sit tight through mid Januray before I start checking to see if it made it to D1. Then once I have the estimated build dates, checking in with RamChat every week or so. The dealer did say they would be glad to provide an update at any time, but I dont see the upside of bothering them unless I'm having issues with getting updates from RamChat. What do you all who are way ahead of me think?

For reference:
Ordered 12/4
VIN available and D on 12/6

Try http://www.slimans.net if you need a good dealer. See my prior posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Picked up yesterday at Mark Dodge. Another happy customer. Extremely easy and the longest part was moving my stuff out of my trade and into the new truck. New one is the olive green on the right. Left is the trade. Once Sandi told me the truck was in port, they gave me a quote for my trade with no stipulations (mileage or timeline).

Attachments

• DF0B58EA-3699-4770-AE64-48167BEA5BE5.jpeg
    DF0B58EA-3699-4770-AE64-48167BEA5BE5.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 118

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Picked up yesterday at Mark Dodge. Another happy customer. Extremely easy and the longest part was moving my stuff out of my trade and into the new truck. New one is the olive green on the right. Left is the trade. Once Sandi told me the truck was in port, they gave me a quote for my trade with no stipulations (mileage or timeline).
My two favorite colors right there. Congrats on the truck!

cmh2007

Reaction score
1000% agree. I had a check list. I'm not an average customer (probably like many of us here in this thread). My closest dealer had nothing on the lot and I, as well as they, knew it. Yet, they still let me test drive a HD truck to check size in my garage and whatnot. I wanted to work with them. But when I came back from test drive I found the scanned copies of my license and insurance sitting on the lobby coffee table for anyone around to look at/take. On top of that nonsense, they appraised my trade in, and took 5 days, 4 phone calls to give me a trade in value. !?! Not professional. I calmed down over a day or two then inquired about building and ordering through them and they got me back in there with all kinds of positive vibes. After another half day spent there they took my order, but said their allotment is so low that chrysler motor group probably won't "pick it up" from them until early 2022. This was back in September BTW. So Again, they wasted my time.

My second closest dealer, who I also wanted to work with, found three trucks within a 150 mile radius that filled all my check boxes. But they wanted a +$5,000 market adjustment to get the truck shipped to them to then sell it to me. When I declined that option and said "well I'll just go to that dealer in person, where is it?" they basically told me they won't disclose that info and said to go find it myself. They were clearly not willing to help me, only wanting to help themselves. I found those 3 trucks via VINs within a couple hours after getting back home and they had all already been sold anyway.

So I here I am, another custom order from MD waiting in line. Gonna be perfect!
My story is not far fun yours except my dealer was bought out while i was waiting and they told me right before hand and then couldn't guarantee that they could keep my pricing

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

060122Cummins

Reaction score
So question I was able to pull up my window sticker and on it it’s not showing some things links the power deployable bed steps and the digital review camera. But on my build sheet it does have them on there? Has anybody had this issue did truck still come with what was on build sheet but maybe not what was on the sticker?

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
So question I was able to pull up my window sticker and on it it’s not showing some things links the power deployable bed steps and the digital review camera. But on my build sheet it does have them on there? Has anybody had this issue did truck still come with what was on build sheet but maybe not what was on the sticker?
Prob parts of packages listed on window sticker.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

They weren’t for my truck either, and our trucks are extremely similar in specs. I wouldn’t be too concerned, as your equipment listing does indeed have them included and that should technically be the “bible” when it comes to what your truck has / does not have. My truck included those features as well but they are not on the window sticker. As [mention]Lee Iacocca [/mention]stated above, they’re part of the Longhorn Level 1 and Safety Group packages.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I was told by my dealership today that they are closing the plant to “play catch” on pre-existing orders. I’m not sure how factual this is, but I also called various other dealerships in adjacent states and was told the same thing. Maybe there is going to be some light at the end of our tunnels soon. Has anyone else heard this?
They did this back in September for 1 week it was closed. It seemed to help as many Equipment list showed up shortly there after.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Saw several online for sale on cargurus and there is also a new 22 Bighorn DRW on my dealerships lot that has the center section. My salesman said he’s going to order them in tomorrow.
a66b7cd47585f5672dea8dc59d0a6d09.jpg

I just looked them up using a random DRW Vin, they show the one piece ones but the center section is N/A

Users who are viewing this thread