Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered and taken delivery of a ‘22 Dual Rear Wheel truck, does your truck have complete inner fender splash guards? Or is yours missing like mine? The center section on both sides is not there, and hasn’t been there since the night I picked it up. Thought it was the way they were designed but just saw a picture of a 2021 dually that had the center piece. Any ideas?
f026ae5fbb0f44e786e7f23488837ac4.jpg

a012ae941f9f915963da24ef9a4d39a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What trim level do you have?

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I just received an update POC from Mark Dodge showing D1 with my shipping date is 1/6/21. Does the build sheet populate before the window sticker? What are the ballpark timelines for these to pop up usually?

3C63R3PL6NG181894
Yes Equipment listing first. Mine was build (equipment listing populated) 20 days (average is about 23) after going D1. Mine was build on 22 November.

Dougjmart

Reaction score
Yea, probably not many bagged HO regular cabs running around out there.
Much less with 12" screens and all the safety stuff.

This truck costing me about 25K more than my 2015 crew cab Laramie 2500.

Just still blows my mind how high these trucks have gotten in the past 5 or 6 years.
Definitely be a “unicorn” in a few years, I got the 12 inch screen and premium audio but none of the safety stuff. Mine is still MSRP 66k

dperry149

Reaction score
was not a option when I built my drw 22 still waiting for mine to be built I couldn't answer this for you till I get the truck months down the road. I'm curious about it now. this is what's included on drw and it's not allowing for the option on build like srw so I am assuming it's included as standard and yours just got left off.
mine was for a 2500 so may be different.

Oneskeemer

Reaction score
Got the runaround from Ram Customer Service yesterday. Today, I spoke with a lady that was a little more forthcoming with information. My truck is currently in F status. Glad to have a solid update!
My truck was shipped and is sitting at the rail ramp in Kansas City, waiting for delivery by truck to the dealership.. Ram joke said it has been released by the manufacture and awaiting shipping from the plant in Mexico.

farmer63

Reaction score
I think the dealer may have a way to track the train, I know they do have access to the rail car number. After that you just sit and hope unless you have a contact with the railroad. I just keep checking RamChat to see if my dealer ETA has changed at all. It has once, actually a couple days earlier than it started out to be.
I spoke to my dealer and he talked to the GSM and they hadn't heard of this, but they was going to check deeper into it.

CJM

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered and taken delivery of a ‘22 Dual Rear Wheel truck, does your truck have complete inner fender splash guards? Or is yours missing like mine? The center section on both sides is not there, and hasn’t been there since the night I picked it up. Thought it was the way they were designed but just saw a picture of a 2021 dually that had the center piece. Any ideas?
f026ae5fbb0f44e786e7f23488837ac4.jpg

None of the Duallys come with the centre piece. Where did you see a picture
with a piece in the centre section? There is a thread on this site trying to locate
a part number for the missing section but no luck yet. I don't think RAM offers it.

Linked4door

Reaction score
I don’t believe there was an option for that when I ordered this one. It’s a level 1 longhorn. One would think it should be there. I just spoke with my salesman, he checked another DRW on their lot and it has them. He thinks they were accidentally left off from the factory. He’s going to get them ordered for me.

Mind posting the part numbers when the arrive? Glad the dealership is getting it take care of for ya

matemike

Reaction score

Based on others responses, it looks like that is normal for DRW. Thanks for sharing the pics. But I don't like it one bit. It seems like more dirt a road grime will get behind those liners with that gap.

I really hope the SRW is 100% coverage like my GMC. The rear wheel well liners were one of my favorite add-ons on that truck.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
None of the Duallys come with the centre piece. Where did you see a picture
with a piece in the centre section? There is a thread on this site trying to locate
a part number for the missing section but no luck yet. I don't think RAM offers it.

Saw several online for sale on cargurus and there is also a new 22 Bighorn DRW on my dealerships lot that has the center section. My salesman said he’s going to order them in tomorrow.
a66b7cd47585f5672dea8dc59d0a6d09.jpg

BenCummins

Reaction score
I took delivery of my truck on Sunday 12/5. But not without drama.....Bud Clary in Auburn Washington SUCKS!! Hopefully people that find this thread looking for places to order in or near the Pacific Northwest will see this.

Truck delivered to the dealer 12/3, they did their PDI and let me know I could come down Saturday morning and finish the process. Quick background, ordered the truck 7/20 with a $1000 deposit and they agreed to match Bud Clary Moses Lake deal, invoice less holdback + $150 doc fee. When I got there they had the increased MSRP and told me that's what I had to pay if I wanted the truck. I walked out after a few words with the slimy sales manager and told them I'd be back for my deposit on Monday since they broke the deal we originally had. Another sales manager overheard some of the exchange and met me in the parking lot as I was backing out wanting know why I was so upset. I explained, he gave me some BS about price increases blah blah blah and I left. A few hours later after I had made contact with Sandi at Mark Dodge, got a new POC and was going to call her with a deposit (because not doing business with any Bud Clary at this point) the sales manger that talked to me in the parking lot called. He apologized and said he wanted to honor the agreement and if I'd come down Sunday he'd have everything ready. I agreed and they had everything ready and I was in and out in just over and hour. (how it should have been the first time). Needless to say, my buzz and excitement from finally getting the truck after waiting 4.5 months was completely ruined. I regret not ordering from Bud Clary in Moses Lake where a few members here have paid the agreed price at ordering and had great experiences. I am purposely leaving names out but I will say the salesman that helped me was awesome and kept me up to date on everthing, and the second sales manager was great.

But now the truck is at their service department trying to figure out why the DEF warning message is on with the dreaded "I'm going limp if you don't get me serviced in XXX miles" So, yeah FML!!

The one day that I did get to drive it, hell yeah!! Maybe a pic or two when I finally get it back. And, yes, I cry myself to sleep at night.........

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on others responses, it looks like that is normal for DRW. Thanks for sharing the pics. But I don't like it one bit. It seems like more dirt a road grime will get behind those liners with that gap.

I really hope the SRW is 100% coverage like my GMC. The rear wheel well liners were one of my favorite add-ons on that truck.

Can’t be normal. There’s a brand new 2022 DRW bighorn on my dealerships’ lot right now that has the center section on it from the factory, and I’ve seen other pictures of current generation DRW trucks for sale on other lots with them installed.
cbc61a3a70091295269782b27f0c2b03.jpg

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
My truck was shipped and is sitting at the rail ramp in Kansas City, waiting for delivery by truck to the dealership.. Ram joke said it has been released by the manufacture and awaiting shipping from the plant in Mexico.
LMAO! The guys on this forum are better at tracking these trucks than Ram! Crazy how disorganized they are!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Buyer Beware! There are still slimy dealers and sales people out there. Our local RAM dealers are all on the slimy side, one tried to sell me a left over 2019 Power Wagon earlier this year for MSRP. Currently the 2021's they still have on the lot are MSRP or above. I contacted several dealers throughput 2021 (2000 mile radius) and got the same crap. This is the reason I decided to order what I wanted.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Can’t be normal. There’s a brand new 2022 DRW bighorn on my dealerships’ lot right now that has the center section on it from the factory, and I’ve seen other pictures of current generation DRW trucks for sale on other lots with them installed.
cbc61a3a70091295269782b27f0c2b03.jpg

Glad to see they are real. I hope my Laramie isn't missing them when I pick it up Saturday. Never would have thought this is something I need to check for, but glad I know this is a possible issue in advance.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Buyer Beware! There are still slimy dealers and sales people out there. Our local RAM dealers are all on the slimy side, one tried to sell me a left over 2019 Power Wagon earlier this year for MSRP. Currently the 2021's they still have on the lot are MSRP or above. I contacted several dealers throughput 2021 (2000 mile radius) and got the same crap. This is the reason I decided to order what I wanted.
Same, the dealers around here are at or above MSRP for the most part. However, if people are willing to pay it, then I guess I don’t blame them. Capitalism 101.

Mark Dodge was amazing from start to finish. Zero funny business, zero up selling, zero malarkey. Nothing but transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread