Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

tnpete

Reaction score
I took delivery of my truck on Sunday 12/5. But not without drama.....Bud Clary in Auburn Washington SUCKS!! Hopefully people that find this thread looking for places to order in or near the Pacific Northwest will see this.

Truck delivered to the dealer 12/3, they did their PDI and let me know I could come down Saturday morning and finish the process. Quick background, ordered the truck 7/20 with a $1000 deposit and they agreed to match Bud Clary Moses Lake deal, invoice less holdback + $150 doc fee. When I got there they had the increased MSRP and told me that's what I had to pay if I wanted the truck. I walked out after a few words with the slimy sales manager and told them I'd be back for my deposit on Monday since they broke the deal we originally had. Another sales manager overheard some of the exchange and met me in the parking lot as I was backing out wanting know why I was so upset. I explained, he gave me some BS about price increases blah blah blah and I left. A few hours later after I had made contact with Sandi at Mark Dodge, got a new POC and was going to call her with a deposit (because not doing business with any Bud Clary at this point) the sales manger that talked to me in the parking lot called. He apologized and said he wanted to honor the agreement and if I'd come down Sunday he'd have everything ready. I agreed and they had everything ready and I was in and out in just over and hour. (how it should have been the first time). Needless to say, my buzz and excitement from finally getting the truck after waiting 4.5 months was completely ruined. I regret not ordering from Bud Clary in Moses Lake where a few members here have paid the agreed price at ordering and had great experiences. I am purposely leaving names out but I will say the salesman that helped me was awesome and kept me up to date on everthing, and the second sales manager was great.

But now the truck is at their service department trying to figure out why the DEF warning message is on with the dreaded "I'm going limp if you don't get me serviced in XXX miles" So, yeah FML!!

The one day that I did get to drive it, hell yeah!! Maybe a pic or two when I finally get it back. And, yes, I cry myself to sleep at night.........
Sounds like they over filled the DEF tank.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see they are real. I hope my Laramie isn't missing them when I pick it up Saturday. Never would have thought this is something I need to check for, but glad I know this is a possible issue in advance.

I hope not either. I never thought fender liners would be something on the “checklist” but these days you never know. That’s why I posted it here, in the hopes it would help others taking delivery. I try not to clutter this thread up with side topics but in this case I thought it would be warranted and the moderators would understand. I’ll post an update when I hear from my salesman. Hopefully they won’t be too long in arriving. Not thrilled about having the center section open to road silt and water, especially going into the salt season. PennDOT loves their salt and brine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnpete

Reaction score
Picked my truck up at Mark Dodge this morning. Best dealer experience ever. So far love the truck, Should have it home tomorrow and get some Pics. It does ride rough. But still had 60 lbs of air in the rear tires. Will also check the air bags later this week. Thinking one has more air then it should empty.

Reaction score
Just got email from Mark Dodge that our 3500 HO DRW Laramie Megacab has arrived. This is earlier than Sandi had expected, so now I have to scramble for financing (though it is easy through out credit union). Has anyone tried financing through Mark Dodge? They are not advertising their rates, so I suspect that they won't beat 1.99% APR through our credit union.

Idaho Central Credit Union and USAA are offering 1.89%

CJM

Reaction score
Saw several online for sale on cargurus and there is also a new 22 Bighorn DRW on my dealerships lot that has the center section. My salesman said he’s going to order them in tomorrow.
a66b7cd47585f5672dea8dc59d0a6d09.jpg

Looks like the part in your picture just covers a small section of the side wall in the fender well.
If you look close, you can see the top section is not covered revealing the white painted finish.
I want to have full coverage in the wheel well like a SRW truck has. I also had the rear fender liners
mentioned on my equipment listing.

matemike

Reaction score
Buyer Beware! There are still slimy dealers and sales people out there. Our local RAM dealers are all on the slimy side, one tried to sell me a left over 2019 Power Wagon earlier this year for MSRP. Currently the 2021's they still have on the lot are MSRP or above. I contacted several dealers throughput 2021 (2000 mile radius) and got the same crap. This is the reason I decided to order what I wanted.
You know, it is exactly as I read on this site a month ago, it is a tough time for dealers right now, but also buyers, sellers, builders, the parts and manuf, deliverers, service dept, everyone. I sadly think for the dealers that they are going to be the middle man during these times and be the first to suffer and last to recover. Look at carvana and true car. You literally order a vehicle as if it were on Amazon. Delivered to you door step. Dealers are being what we call “slimy” because they are trying to do what they need to survive. All political stuff aside, let’s keep the thread on track.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I tried looking this morning and found no zone references, will try again.
I’m probably wrong. I just have seen a few references that say something like Denver zone 63 or something. But it just makes sense from a shipping and distribution standpoint that they would have our country (actually the world) quadranted or zoned and then make batches of vehicles for that zone.
For instance they make a bunch of big horns then Limiteds and Laramies for those dealers and special orders for specific zones and when they have the right amount to fit in that ship and those train cars off they go to that staging point and then get distributed to each dealer. That’s why it costs us ONLY $1750 for a destination charge.
It’s my theory. I have no basis, it’s just conjecture.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ramchat seemed kind of vague with their information when I ask for an update. I still ended up calling the dealer to get the status code.
So, I ordered my truck on Saturday and got my vin and updated POC yesterday. Knowing that I have a nice long wait ahead of me, I figured I'd put some reminders on my calendar to check status. Reading though this thread, I think I'm just going to sit tight through mid Januray before I start checking to see if it made it to D1. Then once I have the estimated build dates, checking in with RamChat every week or so. The dealer did say they would be glad to provide an update at any time, but I dont see the upside of bothering them unless I'm having issues with getting updates from RamChat. What do you all who are way ahead of me think?

For reference:
Ordered 12/4
VIN available and D on 12/6
That’s what I decided. I haven’t bothered Renae at all. In 6 weeks from order she wrote me with a build date. I didn’t even ask nor do I know what status I’m in. I assume I’m finally in D1 but I truthfully do not know. I would like to know but I’m loath to bother her. It’ll get here when it gets here and this forum makes the wait easier but I suffer the same.
No wonder why my wife and kids tell me I’m crazy.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
So… I brought my current 20 limited in to the horrible dealer that I cancelled my 22 limited from for the cp4 recall. While I dropped it off I drove around the building and didn’t see my cancelled truck. I then pulled the vin and noticed the recall was fixed yesterday . I texted my last salesman and said wtf I thought may? So after some back and fourth with him I’m picking up my original ordered truck Friday. Got screwed on trade since I put almost 10k on it and paying 2k more for new one but this nightmare is over . Until something happens a Friday…
I don’t know what to say. I’m still pissed at what happened to you. Happy that your finally getting your truck and as long as your happy that’s all that counts but I don’t want that POS dealer getting one red cent of your money.

Familyman7280

Reaction score
Idaho Central Credit Union and USAA are offering 1.89%

I was told by my dealership today that they are closing the plant to “play catch” on pre-existing orders. I’m not sure how factual this is, but I also called various other dealerships in adjacent states and was told the same thing. Maybe there is going to be some light at the end of our tunnels soon. Has anyone else heard this?

223500DRW

Reaction score
That’s scary! Hope they didn’t mean Washington state. A bit on the wrong side of Pittsburg.
I'm in Virgina and I'm also zone 35. I'm betting it's the same hub out of the general area for us east coast locations. I do know it's a rail yard because the dealer told me they recieved 2 damaged vehicles a while back from the train.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Buyer Beware! There are still slimy dealers and sales people out there. Our local RAM dealers are all on the slimy side, one tried to sell me a left over 2019 Power Wagon earlier this year for MSRP. Currently the 2021's they still have on the lot are MSRP or above. I contacted several dealers throughput 2021 (2000 mile radius) and got the same crap. This is the reason I decided to order what I wanted.
Exactly. I’m salty about my truck for obvious reasons . But ended up paying msrp which I shouldn’t have… some dealers are asking $5k-$10k market adjustment bs

owdiss78

Reaction score
I was told by my dealership today that they are closing the plant to “play catch” on pre-existing orders. I’m not sure how factual this is, but I also called various other dealerships in adjacent states and was told the same thing. Maybe there is going to be some light at the end of our tunnels soon. Has anyone else heard this?

Closing the plant ?or closing system for new orders? If closing the plant that isn’t good at all I’m already at 3 months and 0 movement since day 3 of order when I got my vin so yes it be great if they stop orders to get more of pre orders built. and Id like to see it stop seeing orders being built that are 1-2 months after my order being built and I’m not even D1 yet

Last edited:

Combra6589

Reaction score
I don’t know what to say. I’m still pissed at what happened to you. Happy that your finally getting your truck and as long as your happy that’s all that counts but I don’t want that POS dealer getting one red cent of your money.
Trust me I didn’t want to give them anything. But my new dealer won’t give me hard numbers on my trade nor a timeline . My new truck has been in d 6-7 weeks . It’s a catch 22. Buy my original and pay $8k freaking more . Or lose out on it and wait for the new truck and find out that my trade is worth even less and pay the same $ or more for it . I’m sure something will happen Friday . Probably get stolen off the lot or a meteor hits it.

Familyman7280

Reaction score
Closing the plant ?or closing system for new orders? If closing the plant that isn’t good at all I’m already at 3 months and 0 movement since day 3 of order when I got my vin so yes it be great if they stop orders to get more of pre orders built. and I stop seeing orders being built that are 1-2 months after my order being built
I think they meant closing the plant for general orders. If they do that and just concentrate on the custom orders then maybe they could get caught up on all of our orders. There are over 600 of us on the spreadsheet alone. Imagine how many others are out there waiting as well, on second thought, I don’t want to.

Users who are viewing this thread