Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Just ordered my Ram 3 weeks ago, PPF will be the first thing I do when I get it. I have it on my current truck (2015 F350 white metallic tri-coat) and my wife's Durango (black metallic). Had it installed when they were new. Both have PPF on the full front back to the windshield and the mirrors. 6+ years later you cannot tell it is there. As long as you wrap full panels and not just portions no edges will be visible. The PPF is suppose to be "self healing". Small dings seem to disappear with time. It has definitely saved the paint!
You guys and doing some research, I am now going to be putting PPF as the first order of business.

Does anyone put on aftermarket mud flaps? What brands have you guys had success with?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I do have a question for you. Did your build sheet list Full-length chrome side steps? I think I see the deployable side steps on your truck, just trying to ensure that the Long Horn Level 1 includes them.

My equipment listing does not list full length side steps, nor does my window sticker. My equipment listing lists the power deployed running boards as the only mention of running boards at all, as it is part of the level one group. I’m pretty sure there is no redundancy on the equipment listing but I can’t confirm that (meaning it’ll only list one of any option, whichever one your vehicle is supposed to receive). The power deployable running boards are indeed part of the Longhorn level 1 group (unless they have recently pulled them for lack of supply). Did you confirm with your salesperson what was ordered when they submitted your POC? There has already been at least one instance of a member here accidentally getting the chrome running boards over the power deployable ones because the person who submitted the order specifically selected “Full length chrome side steps” as an independent option. When this happens, that independent option trumps the power deployable ones even though they’re included in the level one equipment group. I would be making a call to your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dperry149

Reaction score
That's the last date I heard suggestion your truck was in D1 status. I've also tended to reflect the status we hear from dealers as it's the most consistent source we have. Insider statuses are probably more accurate but not what most of us have access to.

I still can't understand why what the dealer sees on the POC would be different.
checked with my dealer, and he said it was saying delayed TBD 2 weeks ago. Now it shows him nothing. no dates etc. Ram Chat says dealer delivery by 12/2. There is definitely a communication issue.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
You guys and doing some research, I am now going to be putting PPF as the first order of business.

Does anyone put on aftermarket mud flaps? What brands have you guys had success with?
I put Weathertech flaps on mine.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Well ram chat finally bumped my eta from the 6th out to the 14th of December. Hoping what Aaron told the poster above is correct and HATA gets some trucks moving. That timing will work out well though for me as I am pretty free from the 15th to Christmas.

Best Price im getting from hotshots so far is 2.50 a mile. So looks like I'll fly and drive home

edited to ad- Pixie Dust Logistics LLC just quoted me 1.18 a mile
I'd check their insurance certificate to make sure they're insured at that rate. If they don't carry enough insurance you could be in a heap of trouble should they be involve in an accident or do major damages to your truck loading or unloading. I use to own Millennium Auto Shippers and our trucks had to carry a minimum of $50K per vehicle spot in cargo insurance and that was when trucks were still under $35K. Today's trucks are much more expensive so look for a carrier that has $75-$100K per vehicle spot and $1-2M in Liability Insurance. Insurance is expensive! You can't afford to pay for that kind of insurance at $1.18 per mile especially with fuel prices running $3.25 - $3.75 per gallon.

Another thought process is don't expect HATA to allow other transport companies to invade their turf. They have an office set up their for a reason...... Just my Two Cents!

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer. I would recommend chatting us back in a few days to see if the order has updated with an estimated time of arrival to your selling dealer.

Sticker hasn't popped yet, so I guess I got sent to storage.

Woolfman

Reaction score

I haven't had them before but have heard good things about Rokblokz so thats what I'm going to get.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

I just put a set of duraflap brand ones on last night. Extremely high quality and very durable. Can get them in varying lengths, widths, and with or without polished stainless weights.
I went with the extra long and extra wide ones
4572f2d7122fe4a1c551b087c59db062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbiew

Reaction score
I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer. I would recommend chatting us back in a few days to see if the order has updated with an estimated time of arrival to your selling dealer.

Sticker hasn't popped yet, so I guess I got sent to storage.
I also went to storage but wasn't there for too long!

Attachments

• 20211201_105017.jpg
    20211201_105017.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 44

cc1999

Reaction score
My 2022 3500 Went to KZ Monday.
I looked up what that meant and said it basically meant it was built and released from the plant.
That it was invoiced to the dealer and Window sticker was issued.
However, I was not able to pull up the window sticker.
My Vin is 3C63R3BL9NG120322
I was under the impression all I need to do was plug it into this address like I have below.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong to see my window sticker.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Updates!!!! Kind of. Still doesn't make any sense, but at least its an update!!!! Dealer send me a new POC this morning that shows D1 status and an updated estimated ship date of 12/17 (change from last POC with an estimated ship date of 11/24). Ramchat said that all the parts were gathered and should be entering build process soon (heard this awhile ago then they gave an update of still gathering parts yesterday). However, update from our forum guru, and his screens still show D status with no estimated ship date (even though there is a shipping plan posted to my VIN.... weird). So... updated info with no real info!!! :D

Also, @OfficerDirtySanchez updated our build tracking sheet with a D1 date of 11/26, but not sure where that date came from...
I was the same way. POC showed D, but Sandi said “they’re calling it D1”. Guessing we were being held for the same reason.

Coonhound

Reaction score
I'd check their insurance certificate to make sure they're insured at that rate. If they don't carry enough insurance you could be in a heap of trouble should they be involve in an accident or do major damages to your truck loading or unloading. I use to own Millennium Auto Shippers and our trucks had to carry a minimum of $50K per vehicle spot in cargo insurance and that was when trucks were still under $35K. Today's trucks are much more expensive so look for a carrier that has $75-$100K per vehicle spot and $1-2M in Liability Insurance. Insurance is expensive! You can't afford to pay for that kind of insurance at $1.18 per mile especially with fuel prices running $3.25 - $3.75 per gallon.

He didn't say an entire semi was traveling for a dollar $1.18 a mile. That's per spot. He charges another person or two that much money, then he's getting a pretty decent rate for a hot shot. I used to do it for a living and I was happy to get a buck per mile on a vehicles. I only hauled cars when there was nothing else available because normally I was hauling for about $2.50-3.00
Another thought process is don't expect HATA to allow other transport companies to invade their turf. They have an office set up their for a reason...... Just my Two Cents!

DougB

Reaction score
Spoke with Aaron at Mark Dodge this morning. Said my truck is still on a rail car sitting at the port. He's gonna tell HATA to expedite my truck to the dealer as best they can. He has over 86 trucks sitting at HATA right now. (I'm not sure if all are sold or not) He did mention ,as others have, that's it a draw as to what trucks get loaded on the transports as they are only carrying 2-3 HD (2500 & 3500 SRW) trucks at a time due to the size. 3500 DRW are a challenge to get them moved at the same rate as the 2500. Of course due to the weight and size. He's hoping it will be at the dealership sometime middle of next week.
Edit: Oh, he also mentioned that 4 out of the 5 trucks HATA uses broke recently and they are just getting them back up and running. So there's that...
Thank for the update. Good to know what’s going on a little bit better.

Gonna have to find something to occupy my mind as I’m getting antsy on the truck. Guess I’ll do some work since that’s what is paying for the truck. lol

tnpete

Reaction score
Well ram chat finally bumped my eta from the 6th out to the 14th of December. Hoping what Aaron told the poster above is correct and HATA gets some trucks moving. That timing will work out well though for me as I am pretty free from the 15th to Christmas.

Best Price im getting from hotshots so far is 2.50 a mile. So looks like I'll fly and drive home

edited to ad- Pixie Dust Logistics LLC just quoted me 1.18 a mile
If I were you, do some research on that. Pixie dust shows up as a Broker. So if the broker is going to do it for $1.18 per mile. While others are asking $2.50 per mile. That means some sucker is going to load your truck up. Haul it for under a Buck a mile. Might be the deal of the month. Might turn into a month of crying. Because of damage and asking wheres my truck?
Get there DOT and MCI numbers. Then run a search on those numbers. That will show you if and how many wrecks they have been in. Also how many failed DOT inspections they have. If there not keeping up there equipment. Do you think there going to care about your truck?

XIKJACK

Reaction score

I’m going to ask the dealer to include them on the sale because, I had to wait so long for delivery and also I’m spending 70K+.

Users who are viewing this thread