Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Lary0071

Reaction score
Turtle wax and Griots ceramic spray on waxs did pretty good, those and a foam cannon and I'll be good.
Avalon King is a good DIY ceramic, but for value... Proje is far cheaper for far more, it's seriously crazy easy to use and nearly impossible to screw up.

One bottle will show you to apply 3 to 5 layers on your truck and do that again every year for 3 years. I just did my Patriot Blue truck with it, my 04 Grand Prix and my wife's Cherokee and used right at half of the larger bottle, and I put 5 applications on the truck and 3 each on the Grand Prix and Cherokee.

Avalon King is a 2 year product (at best) and Proje' is a 1 year product. But price... proje kills it.

5c0618e910364661d6a00d05fe887e59.jpg

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.

Spark Plug

Reaction score
Whether you agree or disagree with my synopsis is your personal opinion just like my personal opinion. I believe the poster asked for opinions therefore I provided my opinion.... Your "PS" statement doesn't make sense to me. You state it started sprinkling while driving the Viper truck over the weekend however, you were able to out run the rain and arrived home. Then you go on to say but while it "was" raining you didn't have to use the wipers and the truck was spot free dry upon arrival. Water rolls off that fast. You couldn't have possibly out ran the rain and still got wet..... LOL
LOL, that was poorly written. It started raining, while raining never used the wipers, was able to get out of rain and make it home. when i got home truck was dry.

Reaction score
Congratulations! I like the color. I think it looks great with night edition. I ordered the same color, but mine doesn’t have NE. I couldn’t justify the cost and in addition I didn’t like the soft tonneau cover.

Did you order with Mark Dodge? If yes, how long did it take to get your truck from Port Allen to MD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did not. Ordered in Lakeland got the same deal mark dodge offers.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s experience here with ceramic coatings and ppf?

This is my first time spending an absurd amount on a vehicle and I want to keep it looking new as long as I can. I’m afraid I’m going to pick up some rock chips on the 1200 mile trip home from the dealer.
Keep in mind Ceramic coatings although keeping the paint looking new and fresh will not stop rock chips. Rock chips are a whole different problem.

Spark Plug

Reaction score
I will be the first to tell you that I don't know nuttin about nuttin, especially the new type of coatings. However, when I talked to a professional detailer and saw some of his handywork on a couple of vehicles he had there, his price $1600 seems like cheap insurance compared to the cost of my truck. While I will do my best to keep it clean & washed and looking like it just came from the showroom, I personally don't want to wax this big thing several times per year. Just not my cup of tea. For those who enjoy doing this, I cheer you on. When you say you hand wash, I was wondering are you not using a car wash with a hand wand and only hand wash with mitten at home. I'm asking because I don't know if a hand held pressure wand will harm the ceramic coating.
i dont use the drive thru washses or the do it yourself wands. only mitten at home with foam cannon, or have a mobile detail service do a maint wash on it.

Scvette

Reaction score

tolym

Reaction score
I contacted Sandi w/MD on the Nov. 21 and she reminded me of the possible 1-3 wk timeframe from Port Allen to MD. I'm guessing it's pretty much out of their hands at this point on schedule until they have it on the lot. Then depending on delivery load, might take some time to prep/inspect all the vehicles.

With the volume of vehicles MD receives from that port, they should hire their own driver (pay him a little more) that just runs vehicles for them. She told me today that there’s a driver shortage and that only 5 drivers are delivering vehicles to all Louisiana dealers from that port.
I have friends that drive for BMW in SC and they hate it because those carriers that drive for big manufacturers like that are under contract. Contact was good a year ago and now with fuel up and driver shortage, those rates suck. He takes a lot of time off and doesn’t even want to drive much because he said most of the trucks on the road today make more money me.

I’m guessing these drivers are under contract too.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
For those who’ve ordered from Mark Dodge, and the truck has already arrived, what’s the ship time from factory? I know it will vary, just want a ballpark.

Also, I’ve been DM’ing Stellantis through Twitter. I had made a comment about our forum threads and @OfficerDirtySanchez spreadsheet. They replied by saying that they were aware and that they monitor the forums! Hahaha

tolym

Reaction score
I sent a text to my salesman after getting my build sheet, he asked the manager when the ship date could be. Told me my truck is built going to quality control and should be on its way soon, maybe might even see it before Xmas. Brv can you confirm any of this?

If you got a build sheet then they aren’t lying about it being built, in a couple days maybe a few days if all inspections passed you will get a window sticker. At that point you’re in shipping.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
LOL, that was poorly written. It started raining, while raining never used the wipers, was able to get out of rain and make it home. when i got home truck was dry.
Sorry! Couldn't resist myself..... I knew what you were trying to say..... the best we can do is research, research, research and ask several people their opinions to come to our own conclusion. Trust me! I think given today's available products Ceramic Coatings are worthy and better than older products. It's like anything new on the market. High dollars until the fad wears off or someone invents another newer product. To each their own..... I personally enjoy a day every few months getting upfront and personal with my truck. This is usually when I notice small rock chips and imperfections. Enjoy your new truck! I know I will!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
For those who’ve ordered from Mark Dodge, and the truck has already arrived, what’s the ship time from factory? I know it will vary, just want a ballpark.

Also, I’ve been DM’ing Stellantis through Twitter. I had made a comment about our forum threads and @OfficerDirtySanchez spreadsheet. They replied by saying that they were aware and that they monitor the forums! Hahaha

LOL You are correct! It's a great place to receive customer feedback, identify problem areas or ideas for future builds. I have my own list of ideas that came from this site, like tires, wheels, bed covers, lift kits and other specialty items. Oh! And don't think the employees down in Monterrey can't speak or read English. They are working hard to get our trucks across the line and to the shipping rail. From the rail to the dealer is a shipping problem not a manufacturing problem. Be mindful of your comments least your order gets placed on the back burner.... LOL

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Avalon King is a good DIY ceramic, but for value... Proje is far cheaper for far more, it's seriously crazy easy to use and nearly impossible to screw up.

One bottle will show you to apply 3 to 5 layers on your truck and do that again every year for 3 years. I just did my Patriot Blue truck with it, my 04 Grand Prix and my wife's Cherokee and used right at half of the larger bottle, and I put 5 applications on the truck and 3 each on the Grand Prix and Cherokee.

Avalon King is a 2 year product (at best) and Proje' is a 1 year product. But price... proje kills it.

5c0618e910364661d6a00d05fe887e59.jpg

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.
That's a nice ride! Love the shine! Do you get to keep it in a garage? Everyone has different abilities as to where they can park a truck that big. Most Garages don't allow for a truck of that size to fit so many must stay out n the elements. it's the elements that determine how long the Ceramic, Polish, Wax, or whatever coating you apply will last. If you live in an area where acid rain is common, probably 6 months at best, whereas in the middle of the country (Kansas) away from salt water you will probably get 12-18 months. Southern TX, NM, AZ probably 2+ years. Location, Location, Location!!!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
With the volume of vehicles MD receives from that port, they should hire their own driver (pay him a little more) that just runs vehicles for them. She told me today that there’s a driver shortage and that only 5 drivers are delivering vehicles to all Louisiana dealers from that port.
I have friends that drive for BMW in SC and they hate it because those carriers that drive for big manufacturers like that are under contract. Contact was good a year ago and now with fuel up and driver shortage, those rates suck. He takes a lot of time off and doesn’t even want to drive much because he said most of the trucks on the road today make more money me.

I’m guessing these drivers are under contract too.

Keep in mind the $1795.00 freight fee you pay for delivery has to be split up to pay for several different transports. When I ran a an Auto Transport Company, the going rate was less than $1.00 a mile per vehicle. (10 years ago) A 10 Car Carrier can hold 10 cars in many cases, but when your talking 2500/3500 dully's you are talking maybe 5 on a 10 Car hauler because of size and weight. Trust me! The truckers who haul the autos are not getting rich, many have had to park their rigs because of the economy and rising gas prices. If I'm able to be at the dealer when my truck is unloaded, the driver will be in for a surprise because I will tip him $100 bill for his services. (Well! If there isn't any damages to my truck).... LOL I'm not even sure if today's dullys will fit on a 10 Car Hauler given their size. Regardless, haul 10 cars you make $10 per mile, haul 5 trucks you make $5 per mile. Hard way to make a living.....

Last edited:

Coonhound

Reaction score
Thought I was getting LED Headlights as well since the Tail Lights are LED. I wasn't given an option to check nor did the dealer identify this option. It's an actual nightmare to navigate the ordering system. In order to obtain one item you want to must pay for several others you don't. Some items identified in Package Options are also included in Standard Equipment. I ordered the $4K Level (2/B/C) whatever RAM was calling it during the time I purchased. The Packaging Numbers/Letters changed during my build.
The Ram build site is so frustrating! I spent countless hours playing around trying to get the exact truck I wanted but you want this, you can't have that, you want that, well you have to have this other stuff. When ordering this truck, the salesman said he could get past that stuff but he couldn't either so he finally got me on a conference call with the GM and it was the GM that was able to to build the truck that I wanted without stuff I didn't want.

JABAR357

Reaction score
Found the Boy! Freshly unloaded. Looks like it’s been a rough journey, rode hard. Driving home from work today and figured I would do a drive by my Local dealer. I will call the sale guy and let him know when I get home to write up the adoption papers.

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 136

Spark Plug

Reaction score
Sorry! Couldn't resist myself..... I knew what you were trying to say..... the best we can do is research, research, research and ask several people their opinions to come to our own conclusion. Trust me! I think given today's available products Ceramic Coatings are worthy and better than older products. It's like anything new on the market. High dollars until the fad wears off or someone invents another newer product. To each their own..... I personally enjoy a day every few months getting upfront and personal with my truck. This is usually when I notice small rock chips and imperfections. Enjoy your new truck! I know I will!
Theres def a ton of options out there. Hard to tell what holds up to the claims. My buddy who has done all of my vehicles for years is getting out of it. His attention to detail was unmatched. So now im having to find another detailer who uses a different product.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Found the Boy! Freshly unloaded. Looks like it’s been a rough journey, rode hard. Driving home from work today and figured I would do a drive by my Local dealer. I will call the sale guy and let him know when I get home to write up the adoption papers.
Man! I sure hope my dealer cleans mine prior to my arrival..... I would hate to see a 60K-80K truck in that condition. I don't think I could even drive it home without shedding tears.... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread