Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Maybe ask ALL of the recent members on this forum that received their truck to check and see if they have the 12 Pin connector on the bumper of their truck. I'm talking everyone....mainly the ones without the trailer camera option.....I really think its the new standard on ALL 2022 Ram HD trucks as they are doing away with the old 4 pin connector in its place....since it's so easy to use a 7 way connector to a 4 Pin if needed.
I would like that to be true, but there have been pictures of 3 configurations (not sure early vs late?) one with 7pin/12pin combo on right, one with 7 pin/4pin combo on right and a third with Coax connector for TowMode Camera with digital Rear View connection added on left

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Great looking rig! Hat airport did you fly in to? I’m considering having them meet me in New Orleand as it saves me a couple of hours driving back to Florida.
I had them deliver my truck to NO. I have an office 10 minutes from the airport, so they delivered it there earlier in the day, and I picked it up when I landed. Saved 200 miles of driving, but also saved a considerable amount of money flying into NO instead of local to them, and avoided a connection / layover to get there too. I would recommend going this route. I am about to order my next one, and I am going to do the same again.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Maybe ask ALL of the recent members on this forum that received their truck to check and see if they have the 12 Pin connector on the bumper of their truck. I'm talking everyone....mainly the ones without the trailer camera option.....I really think its the new standard on ALL 2022 Ram HD trucks as they are doing away with the old 4 pin connector in its place....since it's so easy to use a 7 way connector to a 4 Pin if needed.
I didnt order the trailer cam option and it's not back there.. I do have both 4 and 7 pin connectors tho....there is a space for it to the left of the plate with a filler plug....

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I didnt order the trailer cam option and it's not back there.. I do have both 4 and 7 pin connectors tho....there is a space for it to the left of the plate with a filler plug....
Ok then....maybe all trucks don't have it...I think yours was built around the 4th of October looking at the tracker...not sure if the later ones will have it or not. I do believe it can be added to the truck Via an additional wiring harness....I'm not sure how long it takes to add the harness but I would bet its fairly in-depth.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I believe you are right, I will check a couple 22's at work Monday as well as mine when it comes in.

ACEd

Reaction score
Ok then....maybe all trucks don't have it...I think yours was built around the 4th of October looking at the tracker...not sure if the later ones will have it or not. I do believe it can be added to the truck Via an additional wiring harness....I'm not sure how long it takes to add the harness but I would bet its fairly in-depth.
If you check the 2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options group
If you check the thread under Towing under 4.5 Gen Forum titled

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options​

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-ram-tow-trailer-camera-options.6626

There is a detailed discussion of how cameras can be added - but as I recall, the 12 pin Camera setup (12 inch screen reqd?) requires certain pins on connector under dash to be open which is apparently not the case on all trucks and the TowMode coax required Digital Mirror and taking headliner down to wire

ColoMike

Reaction score
I would like that to be true, but there have been pictures of 3 configurations (not sure early vs late?) one with 7pin/12pin combo on right, one with 7 pin/4pin combo on right and a third with Coax connector for TowMode Camera with digital Rear View connection added on left

I have a 2022 2500 Limited Longhorn and it does NOT have the 12-pin connector, just the 7 pin/4 pin connector on the right and a plastic plug on the left. I have the 8.4-inch nav screen, no digital rearview mirror, and no options other than the Snowchief group.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
We have a pallet of those kits at work for the truck wiring, not too hard to do, the instructions are pretty good.

ACEd

Reaction score
I have a 2022 2500 Limited Longhorn and it does NOT have the 12-pin connector, just the 7 pin/4 pin connector on the right and a plastic plug on the left. I have the 8.4-inch nav screen, no digital rearview mirror, and no options other than the Snowchief group.
Kind of what I expected - next question is whether it is included with the Tow Tech Group or the 12 inch UConnect? - still hoping its there when truck arrives - but I have TowMode Camera / Digital Rearview option (coax on left) so I have the alternate.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
For the 2022’s, if the truck is equipped with the regular surround view system, then it will have the 12-pin trailer plug, regardless of whether or not it has the trailer surround option. If the truck does not have regular surround view, it will have the 4-way trailer plug.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
We have a pallet of those kits at work for the truck wiring, not too hard to do, the instructions are pretty good.
Can you clarify- there are kits to prep the truck side wiring after the fact for trailer surround view? Or are you referring to prepping the truck side wiring for aux trailer cameras? Prepping the truck for trailer surround view also involves adding the trailer gateway module onto the c and ihs buses.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Can you clarify- there are kits to prep the truck side wiring after the fact for trailer surround view? Or are you referring to prepping the truck side wiring for aux trailer cameras? Prepping the truck for trailer surround view also involves adding the trailer gateway module onto the c and ihs buses.
I will look at work tomorrow, we were wiring these up for testing 3 years ago, will send you a pic of the instructions and box of parts.

Riddick

Reaction score
Holy crap, we just had an EXTREME pucker moment!! I am selling my current truck to Vroom and am waiting for them to come pick it up, should be early this week. The wife drove it yesterday to run up to the store and.............she ended up rear ending another car. Luckily, it happened at a stop light and the damage was very minor. I installed an aftermarket lower grill on my truck and all it did was bend it in. The grill is metal so I was able to remove it and straighten it back out and everything is ok. I feel very lucky the painted bumper had no damage and I was able to fix it myself. When the wife came home and told me I had to sit down and gather my thoughts. She said the plastic grill was broken, I thought she meant the main grill.... luckily when I looked this was not the case.

Vroom needs to get here ASAP and pick this thing up. I am going to be on edge until its gone..... hopefully the new one will be delivered this week too. Man oh man, what a weekend! I think im going to leave my truck parked and drive the wifes car from here on out or wake up the Mustang from its hibernation :).

Scottyg

Reaction score
I just ordered a new 2022 3500 HO yesterday. The dealer swears that the Night Edition is no longer available for all new trucks. I had to get the "sport" color group. Can anyone confirm this??? Not happy. Sorry if it has been asked before, I didn't see anything.

Scott

Thompsre08

Reaction score
I just ordered a new 2022 3500 HO yesterday. The dealer swears that the Night Edition is no longer available for all new trucks. I had to get the "sport" color group. Can anyone confirm this??? Not happy. Sorry if it has been asked before, I didn't see anything.

Scott
It has been restricted to limiteds and recently seems like a few were able to order it in the Big Horn trim as well

Riddick

Reaction score

Scott

It's available on Limited models. I think a few members have posted they have been able to order Big Horns with it but as of now you cannot order a Laramie with it for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread