Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

wolfmanwooley

Reaction score
Mine showed up on Monday at the dealer. Apparently they got almost 50 sold units in the last 5 days. Made the trip to Lake Charles and picked it up on Tuesday. Everything I had hoped for and the folks at MD are great! Such an easy transaction. Ordered June1, built Oct 15. Took approximately 3 weeks to ship from the factory to dealer. Since production began August 12th and considering there were a couple of plant shut downs looks like about 8-10 weeks to actual build.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
DRW changed from 8x165 to 8x200
Is that front and rear changed to 8x200 or just the rear? Also what's the story about the spacer? did it change to? Is there a spacer in the front and rear or just the rear? I haven't owned a DRW before...and mine is supposed to be built here in a week or so I'm trying to learn all I can learn.

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Bottom line...Yes. ANY mods during the warranty period MAY (depending upon how cool your dealer is) be grounds for voiding warranty. Sez so in it. If they wanna be a D... about it, they can blame any issue on the aftermarket added part to cover for failures. My '11 developed a clear case of chain slap in the T-case and the selling dealer threatened me with telling the mothership that it had a programmer and that stressed the transfer case-even though their commercials show trucks hauling giant machinery out of bottomless mud pits, and all I pulled was a car trailer.
My recommendations to Customers are if you want to put a programmer in a vehicle, there are 2 types of programmers: one that piggybacks into wiring harness and just modifies the signal going to injectors, etc. (Currently running Edge w/ Juice module in a '17) and the kind that flashes the ECM with new maps (the programs that the ECU runs the components with) like a Bully Dog, etc. Had high pressure fuel pressure sensor failure on '17, brought it to local CDJ (not R, sigh) cool dealer for warranty repair and the trick is when they go into ECU to reflash, if you have a programmer that changes tunes in the ECU, that can be seen and yr busted. Something that modifies the signal can be unplugged and the ECU (and dealer) is none the wiser.
Oh, and you can stomp way more HP/TQ on a standard output w/ programmer/cold air than HO for less, if speed and not absolute pulling power

So will a tuner void any warranty? And what kind of tuner?

I work at Corp. for a major manufacture and review lemon law cases. As soon as we see any type of aftermarket mod that may contribute in any way to failure, we deny warranty coverage. For example, tuner installed and car misfires or anything related to install fails, we will deny. This includes running any wiring through dashboard (if needed) etc. Another couple examples, you add window tint, and window does not go up, most likely deny because car did not come with window tint and could affect rollers. Another example, you add a insurance car tracker/dash camera and your audio system is inoperable, we will say it is is aftermarket tracker. When it comes for tuners a lot of people say you can return everything to stock when you take it in to the dealer. In my experience and from working closely with engineering that is FALSE. We can see when you changed it back to stock and if any changes were done prior to taking into to DLR.

PASTORT55

Reaction score
Great; thanks. Pictures of these Longhorn interiors are hard to come by...
Looks great! I ordered my longhorn last week. what specs did you go with ? I got the 3500 HO SRW 8' bed ... anxious to learn my payload capacity....

Dougjmart

Reaction score
Is that front and rear changed to 8x200 or just the rear? Also what's the story about the spacer? did it change to? Is there a spacer in the front and rear or just the rear? I haven't owned a DRW before...and mine is supposed to be built here in a week or so I'm trying to learn all I can learn.
There’s an “adapter” on the front you can take off to run 8x 6.5 front if you want to have that style, you need spacers in the rear if you gonna run 12.5 wides on stocks if that’s what you meant too

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I work at Corp. for a major manufacture and review lemon law cases. As soon as we see any type of aftermarket mod that may contribute in any way to failure, we deny warranty coverage. For example, tuner installed and car misfires or anything related to install fails, we will deny. This includes running any wiring through dashboard (if needed) etc. Another couple examples, you add window tint, and window does not go up, most likely deny because car did not come with window tint and could affect rollers. Another example, you add a insurance car tracker/dash camera and your audio system is inoperable, we will say it is is aftermarket tracker. When it comes for tuners a lot of people say you can return everything to stock when you take it in to the dealer. In my experience and from working closely with engineering that is FALSE. We can see when you changed it back to stock and if any changes were done prior to taking into to DLR.
Wow. That was scary. I think I always do some mods over the typical wheels and tires. Had the edge, suspension lifts, tint. Its not like I need my diesel truck to do better then 100mph but when your going to pass the occasional idiot and said idiot speeds up you need the speed.
It also seems to me when ever I get the extended warranty (which has been every time) I rarely used it. Except for my 2014 jeep rubicon. Not the greatest vehicle I’ve driven. May it rest in pieces. I think maybe I won’t do it now. Thanks.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
What item? Have you checked your Equipment List - it may show item?

If you are buying at MSRP and you can cancel and reorder, there are dealers mentioned on here that are selling way below MSRP.

Lots of orders mention Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La - lots of good reviews here, said to be the second largest RAM dealer in US by volume. There are 3 or 4 others that will be mentioned in different parts of the country - I believe there was a list of 3 a week or so back - maybe use text search - I did not buy there, but would have if I had been on this list before I ordered as they are only 3 hours from me. Several people planning to fly in to Lake Charles or Lafayette and drive their truck home as much as 1200 miles as I recall.

Ram knocked the limited trims out of the park. They are literally the nicest pickup interior on the road today. Absolutely blows the ford and Chevy interiors out of the water. Can’t wait to get my Longhorn and go for a long drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In consulting our friends at Google Maps, it looks like we'll have a quick 1309 mile trip home. We've always liked road trips and saving over $9k makes them more enjoyable. And....depending on what my girls want to do, we might even take the scenic route home and visit a couple new areas. Depending on when the new truck is ready, we might just might be able to visit both ends of the Mighty Mississippi in a 10 month window. Thanks Sandi at MD!

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Wow. That was scary. I think I always do some mods over the typical wheels and tires. Had the edge, suspension lifts, tint. Its not like I need my diesel truck to do better then 100mph but when your going to pass the occasional idiot and said idiot speeds up you need the speed.
It also seems to me when ever I get the extended warranty (which has been every time) I rarely used it. Except for my 2014 jeep rubicon. Not the greatest vehicle I’ve driven. May it rest in pieces. I think maybe I won’t do it now. Thanks.

Most dealerships will not mind or even look into it or even ignore it. They just want to get paid by warranty, but as soon as Lemon Law comes into play EVERYTHING gets taken into consideration since corporate gets involved and goes over everything in detail.

ACEd

Reaction score
Front and Rear wheels and Spare wheel should be interchangeable and therefore should have same bolt pattern

MegaStro

Reaction score
What would cause on order to go from D to D1 and then back to C? Anyone?

Order date June 19, 2021 - 3500 Limited CC 4x4 HO Vin: 3C63R3SL9NG115508

Not mine, was doing some recruiting for the forum and had a couple people shoot me some info. He is on the tracker too Clevy4949

ACEd

Reaction score
Mine says "Build Priority 99":(
There is a later post that indicates Priority 99 is Lowest Priority - you may want to contact your dealer

"Many will be in bx status and have a build priority of 99, meaning the lowest priority. And they can sit there for up to nearly a year."

Users who are viewing this thread