Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Mptolomey

Reaction score
We ordered on the same day and our VINs are really close. My truck hit the assembly line yesterday at 4:32am. How long did it take for your build sheet to populate after your truck was built?
My build was completed Monday morning, the build sheet populated Tuesday afternoon and the window sticker late this morning.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So will a tuner void any warranty? And what kind of tuner?

Most certainly it could. They are detectable by the dealer and they could flag the vehicle.

There's a performance sub forum that's best to ask questions, but the most popular emissions intact tuning is generally considered to be Calibrated Power.

dblackwell

Reaction score
Do dealers allow people to order without down payments? Is it possible that if not they are not considered "sold" orders?
Did mine without a deposit. Build sheet from dealer says sold unit with my information. I have bought a few cars (family members as well) from the dealership and work directly with the GM.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't mean to come off pretentious or complaining, just is a very long list that has no real organization to it using sub sections or bolded sections to show the main options with the order codes would be useful. This is my first Ram and if I could sit with a program manager I'd say they need to work on the nuances of the customer experience.

- automated tracking attached to mopar customer login, easy to do, add a bar code to scan at the start of each section of the factory.

- detailed build sheets that have a cleaner look

- more after market options for trucks like dodge came out with - example - cams, air intake, tuners etc. -

- custom leather colors to choose from ( really wanted dark brown in my power wagon)

- Ram gear - fishing pole holders, offroad recovery gear, tow kits, wheels, etc.

Go look at the Chevy build and price add on options will bake your noodle. It's never ending.

I can't even figure out how to get the cargo management parts for my HD long bed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Brv10, a question for you. My dealer tells me a estimated ship date of 12-04, but when I asked him of a build date he just sent a pic of the ship date. shouldn't he have the build date too?? 3C6UR5SL2NG157289. THANKS in advance.

You need to tag a member if you want them to (get) notice. Type the @ sign and start typing their handle.

@brv10

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
So will a tuner void any warranty? And what kind of tuner?
Bottom line...Yes. ANY mods during the warranty period MAY (depending upon how cool your dealer is) be grounds for voiding warranty. Sez so in it. If they wanna be a D... about it, they can blame any issue on the aftermarket added part to cover for failures. My '11 developed a clear case of chain slap in the T-case and the selling dealer threatened me with telling the mothership that it had a programmer and that stressed the transfer case-even though their commercials show trucks hauling giant machinery out of bottomless mud pits, and all I pulled was a car trailer.
My recommendations to Customers are if you want to put a programmer in a vehicle, there are 2 types of programmers: one that piggybacks into wiring harness and just modifies the signal going to injectors, etc. (Currently running Edge w/ Juice module in a '17) and the kind that flashes the ECM with new maps (the programs that the ECU runs the components with) like a Bully Dog, etc. Had high pressure fuel pressure sensor failure on '17, brought it to local CDJ (not R, sigh) cool dealer for warranty repair and the trick is when they go into ECU to reflash, if you have a programmer that changes tunes in the ECU, that can be seen and yr busted. Something that modifies the signal can be unplugged and the ECU (and dealer) is none the wiser.
Oh, and you can stomp way more HP/TQ on a standard output w/ programmer/cold air than HO for less, if speed and not absolute pulling power is your goal.

neophyteguy

Reaction score
I spoke with Aaron at Mark Dodge today-he was super helpful and a pleasure to talk to. I was notified my truck is awaiting a truck to be delivered from the depot and that it could be anywhere from 3-14 days. It was very consistent with what I've been seeing on here from the Mark Dodge reps and getting from Renae who is my salesperson in regards to things being bottlenecked at the local transport level. I've got some travels coming up between now and the end of the year and Aaron was very accommodating in saying there would be no "storage fees" or anything like that and that they'd be ready to transfer the truck to me when I was available to pick up.

Just wanted to post this up as an update on my build and as kudos to the Mark Dodge gang.

9/9/21 -2022 2500 Limited Ordered- Hemi, Level 1, Maximum Steel, Night Edition, Sunroof
9/11/21 - VIN Received
10/15/21 - Build Sheet Posted
10/23/21 - Confirmation Truck was Built (Ram Chat)
10/30/21 - Window Sheet Posted
11/02/21 - Shipping Stage (via Ram Chat)
11/11/21 - Awaiting Road Transport to Mark Dodge from Depot

Ram_Formula

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my take on build order and priority. Your dealer has monthly allotments for each vehicle. It has nothing to do with trim or upgrades, simply the model. These allotments are based on historic sales of said models. So, your dealer can order all they want, but when their allotment isn't there, your order won't get built until such time. I ordered a Durango in March as my dealer told me it could take 4 months or more to be built. They had other Durango orders in before mine for inventory. Well, apparently my build took the place of one of those inventory and my Durango was delivered to South Florida in 21 days! Just my 2 cents, not necessarily facts.
I'm in South Florida too, I ordered through Accardi, was told 10-12 weeks..... Keeping fingers crossed.

Webracin

Reaction score
PRE AUG ORDER DATES......just a thought, but could the holdup on these orders be because options that are not currently offered at that trim level.....I know there are some unicorns out there, but perhaps its something major that was selected on your POC and since its not offered now, the factory has it on the "hold until firther notice" list.....again, just a thought.

Nosty10s

Reaction score
I am not a fan, I have a friend that had a 20 with a sunroof, leaked. Got a 21 with a sunroof, which leaked. He is waiting on his 22 with no sunroof. The NE does look nice, but IKD how badly you need a truck. I needed mine 2 months ago.
in a few months of having the truck, would you sell it because it didn't have the NE? It's all personal preference.
I have a 2019 Power Wagon with the sun roof and never had any issues, but have also heard the the issues regarding them. I like the NE as its breaks up the body color, I am not a huge fan of the chrome, I don't need it tomorrow or anything, but I also do not want to wait till next May either. I told my sales rep if it does not change from BG status by Dec then we can starting looking at other options.

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
Go look at the Chevy build and price add on options will bake your noodle. It's never ending.

I can't even figure out how to get the cargo management parts for my HD long bed.
I don't let my noodles get baked cause you wouldn't catch me dead in a Chevy... or I guess you would if you tried to turn one on

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
All you guys with your ETAs....... I’m over here waiting for the GRANDE HOUSTON! Bet you guys will be jealous, got a email today from ram saying “Great News! Prestige worldwide will be performing on your boat! Nachos and lemon heads will be provided as a snack as well.”
That’s only after it sails around the world and goes port to port

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
The link in Post #1 (and in another post or two), to showroom.carbook.com is no longer active. It was pretty great. Can anyone post an updated link? Thanks.

Showroom.Carbook.com to build your truck then work with a dealer for accurate offerings - things change daily

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried searching this but didn’t get any hits.

Do sold-order trucks populate on dealer inventory websites when they are in transit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smazingo

Reaction score
i am "sequenced" and it's a NE. ram chat has no date. ordered 9/8. trying to figure out what to expect.

sconym

Reaction score
PRE AUG ORDER DATES......just a thought, but could the holdup on these orders be because options that are not currently offered at that trim level.....I know there are some unicorns out there, but perhaps its something major that was selected on your POC and since its not offered now, the factory has it on the "hold until firther notice" list.....again, just a thought.
I think you are probably right. With the exception of NE, I think I have every option on my Laramie that was either cancelled or removed from the original packages from when I ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread