Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Hopefully your dealer will go to invoice or better yet.. friend and family price. But even at invoice, it's not a huge amount. You were found to spend say 73K at affiliate, but spend 76k at invoice. That's not a deal breaker, and if a few grand while spending almost 80 grand is a deal breaker, you should honestly reconsider buying this product. You never want to be pushed that close too the edge of what you can buy or pay for.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Can the dealer just go to friends and family price if they want to?

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
I'm shocked that people buying $70k and $80k products are in positions where they can not absorb 6 grand to get it done.

No, I take that back. I'm not shocked. Forget that I'm here.

Agreed....in today's market....you look at the MSRP....if you need to pay less then you can't afford it....of course getting the best deal is what everyone is after but at 80k....6k doesn't even matter.....

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Agreed....in today's market....you look at the MSRP....if you need to pay less then you can't afford it....of course getting the best deal is what everyone is after but at 80k....6k doesn't even matter.....
I told my dealer where I wanted to be at pricewise after figuring out what I could afford and then proceeded accordingly. Anything less than what I was willing/able to pay is just a nice bonus.

usafakid09

Reaction score
I'm shocked that people buying $70k and $80k products are in positions where they can not absorb 6 grand to get it done.

Because it makes complete sense to spend $6k more than you have to.
Saying $6k doesn't matter is idiotic. $6k is $6k. There are a lot of things I'd rather do with $6k than wasting it because "it doesn't even matter." And we wonder why dealers are charging ADMs on vehicle; because to some people, "it doesn't even matter."

Lary0071

Reaction score
I think your misunderstanding his choice of words. Obviously if I could save $6 or $6000 on the truck.... I'll take it.

But if I need a truck and I'm about to drop $70k on the truck I both want and need and something in the deal falls apart in a way I can't just go re-do the deal to get back that savings.... I still need the truck. I still want the truck. So the deal I hoped for didn't work, so now I'm spending $75000 instead. Okay. I need it.

You could always go buy a rubber floor tradesmen with fugly chrome bumpers and steel wheels. But chances are, you'll roll that 5K or so into the fishing at around $12 per thousand borrow. That's like nothing. You drop $100 a few nights a week at the bar.... and this is where you draw the line?

usafakid09

Reaction score
I think your misunderstanding his choice of words. Obviously if I could save $6 or $6000 on the truck.... I'll take it.

But if I need a truck and I'm about to drop $70k on the truck I both want and need and something in the deal falls apart in a way I can't just go re-do the deal to get back that savings.... I still need the truck. I still want the truck. So the deal I hoped for didn't work, so now I'm spending $75000 instead. Okay. I need it.

You could always go buy a rubber floor tradesmen with fugly chrome bumpers and steel wheels. But chances are, you'll roll that 5K or so into the fishing at around $12 per thousand borrow. That's like nothing. You drop $100 a few nights a week at the bar.... and this is where you draw the line?

I can only interpret what he writes. And what he wrote alluded to sucking up $6k because "it doesn't even matter" on a truck that costs that much; to me $6k matters a lot and I elect not to waste that kind of money. My house costs way more than any car I will ever own and I'd still be just as "cheap" about it in that situation. But in the end, I chose to do business with people that don't put me in that situation. $100 a few nights a week at the bar? I need to come hang out with you.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Mine is a pretty much fully loaded Big Horn. It's so close to a Larmie, probably shoulda just got a Larmie. Did a completely custom order through the dealership manager. Regular salesman and I couldn't get it built the way I wanted it. It's a dually with max tow, auto leveling, Silver Edition, bucket seats, bed liner, no sun roof or rear slider window. Didn't want to pay for extra stuff I didn't want but wanted a few things not standard on a BH. Ordered 7/20 NG122529 still in D status and whenever I call for updates, they can't seem to find any info. I've got a case open and they are supposed to respond in the next couple days. It was in D1 and went back to D.
Mine is a fully loaded 2500 BH, but is a gasser

nyfireman22

Reaction score
Worst case scenario, reorder from one of the “friendly” dealers such as Mark Dodge, etc. Even if you have to Pay $500 - $800 for shipping, you would be well ahead.
Yeah, I had that same thought. The only reason I didn't go that route initially is because I'm saving $4k in sales tax with my trade in, which my dealer already has on their lot. I'm just going to have to have faith that my long time dealer will make it right in the end. I had walked away from another dealership that offered to sell at invoice with the same trade in numbers after I researched the Tread Lightly affiliate pricing and my usual dealer said they accepted it and that 3500's were part of the program. Had I had an inkling that wasn't the case I'd have gone with the other dealership. I'll just have to see how it plays out, and hopefully by the time the truck shows up they will have added other models to the program making it a non issue.

Reaction score
Haha well that’s the thing. It would seem that Canadian orders don’t get assigned serial #’s right away the same way US orders do.
We have an order # and i believe some of the other Canadians on here have said the same thing, no VIN.
that is correct , no vin assigned until it gets built , no way to track other than harassing the dealership , crappy process for us canadians

scrambler1000

Reaction score
I can only interpret what he writes. And what he wrote alluded to sucking up $6k because "it doesn't even matter" on a truck that costs that much; to me $6k matters a lot and I elect not to waste that kind of money. My house costs way more than any car I will ever own and I'd still be just as "cheap" about it in that situation. But in the end, I chose to do business with people that don't put me in that situation. $100 a few nights a week at the bar? I need to come hang out with you.
Imagine, when I fill my truck up with diesel then see a cheaper price down the road it bugs me.

Jdiddy83

Reaction score
Definitely filling dealer orders over sold orders. My local dealer has all sorts of 22 HD's from 109-144 #'s. So ridiculous that Ram would do this.

nyfireman22

Reaction score
Is affiliate/ffp price usually the same? On my newest POC the FFP price is only $572 less than the invoice price my dealer gave me at the time of my order and with the new MSRP prices it’s only $520 less than my price. I would definitely think it wasn’t a small amount if I hadn’t locked in my price at invoice price when I ordered it only to find out it may not apply.
Yes, FFP pricing is the same as affiliate pricing. It is roughly $650 less than invoice on my order. However the dealership I'm using is selling new at MSRP. I only went with them because of the affiliate pricing.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Because it makes complete sense to spend $6k more than you have to.

Saying $6k doesn't matter is idiotic. $6k is $6k. There are a lot of things I'd rather do with $6k than wasting it because "it doesn't even matter." And we wonder why dealers are charging ADMs on vehicle; because to some people, "it doesn't even matter."
Lol....you need to think in terms of perspective...6k on an 86k truck...that's what mine cost....is less then than 10% of the purchase price...about 7.5%....now shrink that down to a 20k car....that's a 2k difference....if you can afford 18k but not 20k then you're looking at the wrong car....same with an 80k truck....don't get me wrong...I won't even pay MSRP let alone adm's...but I don't need an 86k truck....I feel safe saying there isn't anybody in here that needs an 86k truck....mechanically you can get a truck that does the same thing for 15-20k less....so why spend north of 80k....that's a want....all the extras are wants not needs....so to my original statement....if 6k affects whether or not you can buy the truck....well...

nyfireman22

Reaction score

I'm glad that $6000 is a small amount of money to you. Congratulations. I didn't say I couldn't do it, I won't do it. The affiliate program clearly shows 3500's are included, with no model year disclaimer. If this is how things are going to be under Stellantis then I will take my 24 year loyalty to Chrysler products to Ford.

usafakid09

Reaction score
Lol....you need to think in terms of perspective...6k on an 86k truck...that's what mine cost....is less then than 10% of the purchase price...about 7.5%....now shrink that down to a 20k car....that's a 2k difference....if you can afford 18k but not 20k then you're looking at the wrong car....same with an 80k truck....don't get me wrong...I won't even pay MSRP let alone adm's...but I don't need an 86k truck....I feel safe saying there isn't anybody in here that needs an 86k truck....mechanically you can get a truck that does the same thing for 15-20k less....so why spend north of 80k....that's a want....all the extras are wants not needs....so to my original statement....if 6k affects whether or not you can buy the truck....well...
Rationalize it however you like. And extrapolate what someone’s financial situation is because they don’t won’t to waste $6k if they don’t have to. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread