Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
My 2019 3500 SRW had the plug cover on the left side of the license plate (4 Pin flat over the 7 Pin round).
The trailer connector plugs have been on the right side of the license plate since 2013.
I think the confusion started when @mbarber84 was asking @Steelman2500 about the presence of the tow mode connector on his truck, but @CajunMan. replied thinking he was being asked about his truck.
Either way, the connector configuration on both their trucks are odd/don’t make sense.
Below is @Steelman2500 truck. He has the connector for the tow mode camera and the 12-pin trailer connector, but does not have the tow mode camera option that gives you that connector, or the trailer surround view or mopar trailer camera option that would give you the 12-pin connector-
99EF0D53-CD1E-430D-8C8E-558944AB4DFD.jpeg
Below is @CajunMan. truck. He does not have the tow mode camera option, and has the tow mode camera blank that you would expect. He also does not have the trailer surround view or mopar trailer camera option that use the 12-pin, but has the 12-pin connector present-
C25368A6-9A64-41C7-A8DF-F23E7C5BC35E.jpeg
There just doesn’t seam to be any reason why some of these trucks have the connectors when they’re not supposed to, and some don’t have those connectors when they are not supposed to.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The trailer connector plugs have been on the right side of the license plate since 2013.
I think the confusion started when @mbarber84 was asking @Steelman2500 about the presence of the tow mode connector on his truck, but @CajunMan. replied thinking he was being asked about his truck.
Either way, the connector configuration on both their trucks are odd/don’t make sense.
Below is @Steelman2500 truck. He has the connector for the tow mode camera and the 12-pin trailer connector, but does not have the tow mode camera option that gives you that connector, or the trailer surround view or mopar trailer camera option that would give you the 12-pin connector-
View attachment 23050
Below is @CajunMan. truck. He does not have the tow mode camera option, and has the tow mode camera blank that you would expect. He also does not have the trailer surround view or mopar trailer camera option that use the 12-pin, but has the 12-pin connector present-
View attachment 23051
There just doesn’t seam to be any reason why some of these trucks have the connectors when they’re not supposed to, and some don’t have those connectors when they are not supposed to.

Spot-on.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

I agree completely. I am trying to make sense of these trucks and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones have it and others that don’t. I was trying to build info on this in the hopes that perhaps it is one of those features that is included in another package but not specifically stated or listed. I have also seen a 2022 ram on the lot that has neither the plug, nor the knock-out space. It is very confusing and the dealerships are pretty much in the dark about all of this at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegaStro

Reaction score
So RAMCHAT says all parts are gathered and the vehicle should be entering the build process shortly. Again, RAMCHAT info. We shall see, she would not say I was D1 or any other code (I expected). Hopes of a Thanksgiving trip in the new truck are alive! I am waiting to see what the FB contact has to say... I check once a week and this is the first positive news I have gotten. I know there is many other folks that have been waiting longer, I am at day 40. I so need an insider :)
Stellantis FB is either the same folks as RAMCHAT or they just confirmed yesterdays information. WooHoo!

Attachments

• Stellantis FB.JPG
    Stellantis FB.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 70

mkresser

Reaction score
First post as a somewhat proud owner of a 2022 Laramie Night Crew gasser. I was very proud for the first hour or so but then the 12" screen COMPLETELY FAILED taking down about 30 associated features (all the cameras, radios, climate control, lane departure, seat heat, collision avoidance, auto-highbeam, etc, etc, etc). Now I have an expensive boat anchor in the garage.

Of course, there are no parts, no expertise and no solutions from anyone on the Uconnect 5, 12" package which is all new for 2022. I am trying to get the dealer to take the truck back forever and order me a new one since this one is only a few hours old. Probably a pipe dream there.

ANYWAY...I do have all kinds of details about the features that are included in this build if anyone is interested. It was ordered early August and received Oct 4th through rail in Nashville with 7 miles on it. Oddly, it shows 3 hours of idle time. Maybe during loading/unloading they let them run.

The only option that appears to be missing is blind-spot-monitoring BUT I do seem to have two camera connections on the bumper (like Jimmy07) that were not on the original build sheet! I believe one is to connect a trailer camera to the rear-view-mirror (screen) and the other is to connect a camera to the Uconnect screen (that doesn't turn on lol). Not sure as I can't get into the screen to configure or view any camera feeds.

If anyone has any questions about the 2022's, let me know!!

build1.jpg

Attachments

• BuildSheetServlet-2.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 27
  • truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Threeper88

Reaction score
New to site and Dodge trucks. Down in the Florida pan handle and looking for new non-diesel 2500 club cab 4x4. I just found out that the olive green paint is not offered in 2022 which sucks, that is such a cool paint. So 2 questions. 1) Does anyone know who is giving the best deals on ordered 2022 trucks. 2)still in stock 2021 trucks that meet my build below nation wide? I'm willing to fly someplace and drive it home.

So, if a new 2021, 2500 4x4 club cab Laramie Olive green with Hemi, not a diesel. Black leather interior, seating for 6. Limited slip rear end with the 4.10 gears, Laramie option A package, towing package, 5th wheel prep package, aux switches on the center dash. Wheel to wheel black side steps. Black 20" wheels with all terrain tires.

If 2022, same truck but in Patriot Blue with same body color bumpers and black grill.

All I can do is ask no rush either, need to sell a house and marry off daughter later this month.
Olive Green is available for 2022.

neophyteguy

Reaction score
First post as a somewhat proud owner of a 2022 Laramie Night Crew gasser. I was very proud for the first hour or so but then the 12" screen COMPLETELY FAILED taking down about 30 associated features (all the cameras, radios, climate control, lane departure, seat heat, collision avoidance, auto-highbeam, etc, etc, etc). Now I have an expensive boat anchor in the garage.

Of course, there are no parts, no expertise and no solutions from anyone on the Uconnect 5, 12" package which is all new for 2022. I am trying to get the dealer to take the truck back forever and order me a new one since this one is only a few hours old. Probably a pipe dream there.

ANYWAY...I do have all kinds of details about the features that are included in this build if anyone is interested. It was ordered early August and received Oct 4th through rail in Nashville with 7 miles on it. Oddly, it shows 3 hours of idle time. Maybe during loading/unloading they let them run.

The only option that appears to be missing is blind-spot-monitoring BUT I do seem to have two camera connections on the bumper (like Jimmy07) that were not on the original build sheet! I believe one is to connect a trailer camera to the rear-view-mirror (screen) and the other is to connect a camera to the Uconnect screen (that doesn't turn on lol). Not sure as I can't get into the screen to configure or view any camera feeds.

View attachment 23053
Hate to hear you're having problems right out of the box. I'm sure others will chime in, but it's probably worth checking the fuses and all relays as they are known to not be fully seated from the factory and could be causing your problems. Good luck!

Riddick

Reaction score

View attachment 23053

On a positive note, you have one great looking truck. I have never been a fan of silver but combined with the night edition it looks awesome! There are two things that worry me about these trucks, the infotainment system failing and the emissions system failing. I hope the dealer gets you taken care of ASAP.

MegaStro

Reaction score
New to site and Dodge trucks. Down in the Florida pan handle and looking for new non-diesel 2500 club cab 4x4. I just found out that the olive green paint is not offered in 2022 which sucks, that is such a cool paint. So 2 questions. 1) Does anyone know who is giving the best deals on ordered 2022 trucks. 2)still in stock 2021 trucks that meet my build below nation wide? I'm willing to fly someplace and drive it home.

So, if a new 2021, 2500 4x4 club cab Laramie Olive green with Hemi, not a diesel. Black leather interior, seating for 6. Limited slip rear end with the 4.10 gears, Laramie option A package, towing package, 5th wheel prep package, aux switches on the center dash. Wheel to wheel black side steps. Black 20" wheels with all terrain tires.

If 2022, same truck but in Patriot Blue with same body color bumpers and black grill.

All I can do is ask no rush either, need to sell a house and marry off daughter later this month.
Rule # 1 of HDRAMS, read post #1 in this thread, second only to Rule # 2, Ram Trucks are no longer associated with the "Dodge" word! Been a while :), welcome to the club

ACEd

Reaction score

Depending on the trim level Olive Green shows available for 2022.
As to deals, if dealer has truck in stock many are jacking up prices (Price Gouging?) adding up to $5000 upcharges over MSRP. Demand is making this possible - though I walked aay from 3 trucks with $2000-5000 upcharges - at least one included a set of $300 wheel locks, but the $5000 included nothing extra. Then there is the 3500 I put a deposit on in Florida at MSRP and as I was leaving with check in hand to get it I got a call it was sold. And there is a dealer in Texas with a nice green Laramie and a nice bright blue Laramie - both diesel with Rambox with a MSRP under $80,000 - but he sent them out for addons - pimped out to $110,000. There are some good dealers that have been mentioned on this site - at least 1 here in Luoisiana that was willing to sell a 2021 Laramie in stock at / below MSRP but it went fast after Hurricane Ida.
You are much more likely to get a deal ordering a 2022 if you can wait 12 weeks or so (estimate from dealer - your results may vary). Someone will suggest a dealer or two, that will sell under MSRP - one that shows up often is Mark Dodge - I believe in Lake Charles - though I have not had any dealings with them . Best recommendation will be from someone who has closed a deal and completed sale and actually has truck.

Jordan B

Reaction score
Are those cab chassis 2022s? I ordered my 5500 in February and don’t even have a VIN. I talked to my dealer yesterday. He said the retail pick ups are getting priority and fleet cab chassis orders aren’t being built.
Yes it’s 2022 cab chassis. Don’t think mine would be considered fleet order though.

Webracin

Reaction score
First post as a somewhat proud owner of a 2022 Laramie Night Crew gasser. I was very proud for the first hour or so but then the 12" screen COMPLETELY FAILED taking down about 30 associated features (all the cam First post as a somewhat proud owner of a 2022 Laramie Night Crew gasser. I was very proud for the first hour or so but then the 12" screen COMPLETELY FAILED taking down about 30 associated features (all the cameras, radios, climate control, lane departure, seat heat, collision avoidance, auto-highbeam, etc, etc, etc). Now I have an expensive boat anchor in the garage.

View attachment 23053
@mkresser

Congrats on the new truck, and hope your issues with the screen are resolved soon!

You are correct about the camera connections. The single plug on the left is suppose to go to the digital rearview, and the double plug on the right (12\7 pin) is for the uconnect.

My question is did a camera come with the truck for the digital rearview, or is it something else that needs to be purchased?

sconym

Reaction score
My dealer has 3 - 3500 CC Limited's in stock. Beyond disappointed. If they had the options of my Laramie order, I would just pick one of these up. Will have to make a phone call today...:mad:

Thedaran

Reaction score
Is there anyone who ordered from Bud Clary (Amelia specifically) and have become disappointed in the response time for updates on orders?

Also, and dealership accessories/installs you all feel are worth the money?

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score

View attachment 23053

To perform a soft reset of your Uconnect system-

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.

3) Let go of the buttons

4) Turn the vehicle off

5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)

6) Close door

7) Restart vehicle

8) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

Users who are viewing this thread