Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
If folks have to order a 2022 blind (no pricing) what’s the protection to back out of the deal if it turns out not so good? Haven’t done a factory order since 2000...
The deal you are working out isn’t really related to the price, more like the discount you get. Most places are working off the invoice pricing. Bud Clary was 7.08% under invoice. Now they’re at invoice - $500. Mark Dodge is invoice - 5.5%.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this write up, don’t know if it’s speculation or knowledge. One thing I like is multiple phones connecting to Bluetooth. Seems legit:

I can't imagine for one second that you will be able to order food in the drive through from your Uconnect5 or make a service appointment form it and not be able to get those vehicle health reports.

You guys should visit the home page here once in a while. ;)

"Drivers can also locate and pay for nearby parking and schedule service appointments at Ram dealerships, all while in the vehicle without having to reach for a physical credit card."

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I can't imagine for one second that you will be able to order food in the drive through from your Uconnect5 or make a service appointment form it and not be able to get those vehicle health reports.

You guys should visit the home page here once in a while. ;)

"Drivers can also locate and pay for nearby parking and schedule service appointments at Ram dealerships, all while in the vehicle without having to reach for a physical credit card."
Haha. When did that get moved to the front page? Don’t remember seeing it there yesterday :)

dragon_ram

Reaction score
The deal you are working out isn’t really related to the price, more like the discount you get. Most places are working off the invoice pricing. Bud Clary was 7.08% under invoice. Now they’re at invoice - $500. Mark Dodge is invoice - 5.5%.
Thanks. What about protections to back out? Dennis Dillon wants a $3000 deposit and Mark Dodge wants a $1000 deposit they say is “non refundable.” I’d love to put an order in but if pricing comes out higher than expected I’d want to be able to back out. What have all the folks here learned about this?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Thanks. What about protections to back out? Dennis Dillon wants a $3000 deposit and Mark Dodge wants a $1000 deposit they say is “non refundable.” I’d love to put an order in but if pricing comes out higher than expected I’d want to be able to back out. What have all the folks here learned about this?
If a firm number is what you need, wait until the pricing is finalized and order then. I’m in the boat where a couple hundred dollars isn’t going to make or break it. I can’t see the 2022 costing more than $600 more than the 2021. Also, don’t know the cost of the trailer camera surround but I’m expecting 900-1200 for it… but if it matters to you, I would wait until the numbers are finalized.

BRob

Reaction score
From my understanding there is no protection for the buyer. The risk of ordering blind is on us. The deposit is the dealership’s protection for you backing out. They get their hands smacked for putting in sold orders for lot inventory, which is what happens if one of us backs out. It sucks that there’s no pricing available yet, but I’d rather risk my $1000 than have no major changes and put an order in weeks later.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
So for those that have ordered 22s, does the dealer see the 22 options but just not the pricing?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
So for those that have ordered 22s, does the dealer see the 22 options but just not the pricing?
exactly. No pricing, but they see the options. Hoping that what they do see is the full option list and nothing is added later.

jberkom

Reaction score
Sandi emailed me the package pages (ie safety group, night, laramie). made it nice to see what each package had and where there was overlap. Pretty sure I have my final plan put together. Will be ordering monday.
Any chance you could post the details from the safety group? Or even all three pages? I'm planning to get a Laramie Night Edition w/ the safety group and would love to confirm what's in each package!

areohwhy

Reaction score
My 2022 order already has a VIN and in D Phase I believe. Who knows how long it will stay in this phase though, from what I've seen it could be many months. Not in a huge rush so no big deal for me.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Reputable dealers don't require non-refundable deposits. Push back and make sure it's in writing.
Would you say Mark Dodge and Denis Dillon are not reputable? Honest Q - I’ve never worked with them. Others here recommend them so I’m asking the Q. Being in PHX it’s a long haul but willing since the local market doesn’t discount the 1 or 2 trucks they only ever seem to have.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no experience with those dealerships. I don't think it's even legal to demand a non-refundable deposit on hard goods and I would certainly never enter into a contract that requires one.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Would you say Mark Dodge and Denis Dillon are not reputable? Honest Q - I’ve never worked with them. Others here recommend them so I’m asking the Q. Being in PHX it’s a long haul but willing since the local market doesn’t discount the 1 or 2 trucks they only ever seem to have.
I’m in Phoenix also. Preferred the drive from Idaho/Washington, but they shut those discounts down and Sandi is way more helpful. Figure I’ll either take a couple days off and drive home (never actually drove through Texas before!) or hire a company to haul it back here.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I have no experience with those dealerships. I don't think it's even legal to demand a non-refundable deposit on hard goods and I would certainly never enter into a contract that requires one.
From the document they ask you to sign with the deposit:

2.Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles of the series and body type ordered hereunder is changed by Manufacturer prior to delivery of the new motor vehicle ordered hereunder to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle to Purchaser accordingly. If such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order, in which event if a used motor vehicle has been traded in as a part of the consideration for such new motor vehicle, such used motor vehicle shall be returned to Purchaser upon payment of a reasonable charge for storage and repairs (if any) or, if such used motor vehicle has been previously sold by Dealer, the amount received therefor, less a selling commission of 15% and any expense incurred in storing, insuring, conditioning or advertising said used motor vehicle for sale, shall be returned to Purchaser.
3. If the used motor vehicle which has been traded in as a part of the consideration for the motor vehicle ordered hereunder is not to be delivered to Dealer until delivery to Purchaser of such motor vehicle, the used motor vehicle shall be reappraised at that time and such reappraised value shall determine the allowance made for such used motor vehicle. If such reappraised value is lower than the original allowance therefor shown on the front of this Order, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order, provided, however, that such right to cancel is exercised prior to the delivery of the motor vehicle ordered hereunder to the Purchaser and surrender of the used motor vehicle to Dealer.
….
5.Unless this Order shall have been cancelled by Purchaser under and in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 or 3 above, Dealer shall have the right, upon failure or refusal of Purchaser to accept delivery of the motor vehicle ordered hereunder and to comply with the terms of this Order, to retain as liquidated damages any cash deposit made by Purchaser, and, in the event a used motor vehicle has been traded in as a part of the consideration for the motor vehicle ordered hereunder, to sell such used motor vehicle and reimburse himself out of the proceeds of such sale for the expenses specified in paragraph 2 above and for such other expenses and losses as Dealer may incur or suffer as a result of such failure or refusal by Purchaser.

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
We just bought a small camper that I thought we could tow with our 2017 pilot... until the camper came in and the sticker shows it over our max hitch weight by 20 pounds unloaded. We plan to upgrade to a 5th wheel, so since we need to look for a beefier tow vehicle, we thought we would buy once and cry once. We are trying to decide whether to look for a 3500 that is in stock now, or put in an order for a '22 3500. We test drove a 3500 Laramie and liked it, but it didn't have the 360 degree view, trailer reverse assist, running boards, or the bed spray, and it had more tow capacity than we will need (along with price). So far, I've not found anything with the options we want, so the dealer entered a '22 order that I've attached. One thing missing, based on what I've seen above is the blind spot and cross path function--I've not been able to add those for '21 without deleting more important features. The other issue is that I'm not sure how to negotiate since they don't know the price and want $2000 nonrefundable down to place an order. There was no discussion about discounts. I've seen discussion above about Mark Dodge offering better deals. They are only 2.5 hours from us (we're in Houston), so I wonder if they are worth trying. Given others ordering '22s how does this look? Are we missing anything important?

Attachments

• IMG_3026 (1).jpg
    IMG_3026 (1).jpg
    456 KB · Views: 116

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
From the document they ask you to sign with the deposit:

2.Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles of the series and body type ordered hereunder is changed by Manufacturer prior to delivery of the new motor vehicle ordered hereunder to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle to Purchaser accordingly. If such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order, in which event if a used motor vehicle has been traded in as a part of the consideration for such new motor vehicle, such used motor vehicle shall be returned to Purchaser upon payment of a reasonable charge for storage and repairs (if any) or, if such used motor vehicle has been previously sold by Dealer, the amount received therefor, less a selling commission of 15% and any expense incurred in storing, insuring, conditioning or advertising said used motor vehicle for sale, shall be returned to Purchaser.
3. If the used motor vehicle which has been traded in as a part of the consideration for the motor vehicle ordered hereunder is not to be delivered to Dealer until delivery to Purchaser of such motor vehicle, the used motor vehicle shall be reappraised at that time and such reappraised value shall determine the allowance made for such used motor vehicle. If such reappraised value is lower than the original allowance therefor shown on the front of this Order, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order, provided, however, that such right to cancel is exercised prior to the delivery of the motor vehicle ordered hereunder to the Purchaser and surrender of the used motor vehicle to Dealer.
….
5.Unless this Order shall have been cancelled by Purchaser under and in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 or 3 above, Dealer shall have the right, upon failure or refusal of Purchaser to accept delivery of the motor vehicle ordered hereunder and to comply with the terms of this Order, to retain as liquidated damages any cash deposit made by Purchaser, and, in the event a used motor vehicle has been traded in as a part of the consideration for the motor vehicle ordered hereunder, to sell such used motor vehicle and reimburse himself out of the proceeds of such sale for the expenses specified in paragraph 2 above and for such other expenses and losses as Dealer may incur or suffer as a result of such failure or refusal by Purchaser.

That may very well be for your case, but it's not any document my dealer ever made me sign to order a truck, and my statement stands. I would certainly never enter into a contract that requires one (non-refundable deposit).

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
We just bought a small camper that I thought we could tow with our 2017 pilot... until the camper came in and the sticker shows it over our max hitch weight by 20 pounds unloaded. We plan to upgrade to a 5th wheel, so since we need to look for a beefier tow vehicle, we thought we would buy once and cry once. We are trying to decide whether to look for a 3500 that is in stock now, or put in an order for a '22 3500. We test drove a 3500 Laramie and liked it, but it didn't have the 360 degree view, trailer reverse assist, running boards, or the bed spray, and it had more tow capacity than we will need (along with price). So far, I've not found anything with the options we want, so the dealer entered a '22 order that I've attached. One thing missing, based on what I've seen above is the blind spot and cross path function--I've not been able to add those for '21 without deleting more important features. The other issue is that I'm not sure how to negotiate since they don't know the price and want $2000 nonrefundable down to place an order. There was no discussion about discounts. I've seen discussion above about Mark Dodge offering better deals. They are only 2.5 hours from us (we're in Houston), so I wonder if they are worth trying. Given others ordering '22s how does this look? Are we missing anything important?
Pretty sure that it's part of the Safety Group B package

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Was playing around with the configurator and got this when adding power running boards to a Laramie. Looks like maybe some of the 22 options will be showing up soon. I couldn't see this package when using the configurator, only when I clicked to add the running boards. $200 price increase, not sure if it includes anything different.

Screenshot_20210530-081744.png

Users who are viewing this thread